Author Topic: Bowl Projections  (Read 337648 times)

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bowl Projections
« Reply #1000 on: November 26, 2016, 12:22:46 AM »
I was sort of considering going to the Cactus Bowl if they made it.  However, I saw that it is played in the the Dbacks stadium instead of in Tempe....

Yeah, the Insight.com Bowl was a disaster there, but then again, Sun Devil Stadium is just as big of a hullabaloo hole as the rest of them.  They need to play it in the new stadium in Glendale for it to be worth going.  Until then it will always be a third or fourth tier bowl. 

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!

You're a little biased considering you're an Arizona fan, but Sun Devil Stadium is getting renovated nicely here over the next 2 years. UofP in Glendale is just ok. Not bad, not good, just meh.

Also - I was considering going to Tucson on Friday for the Territorial Cup. Worth going or no?

I hate Arizona Stadium more than I hate Sun Devil Stadium.  I have only been to one game since my Freshman year at the UofA and it was a mistake to go back.  It was for the Territorial Cup back in 2010, that went into overtime with the missed FGs and extra points.  I won't go back until K-State plays there in 2025 or whenever it is. 

Yeah, UofP Stadium is just meh, but it is definitely better than anything else in Arizona.  Chase isn't bad, but just not a football stadium.  McKale is nice.  Talking Stick Arena is ok.  The Coyotes one is nice.  But when it comes to the two DI college football stadiums, they are both horrible.  Sun Devil just less horrible than AZ Stadium.  Fitting considering how bad both teams are this year. 

I didn't make trip - thank goodness. Hopefully Sun Devil Stadium polishes up after the renos. I've heard Arizona Stadium is nicer after their new end zone improvement. I like talking stick purely for it's convenience. Coyotes are bailing on Gila River too for a new arena in Tempe. Planning on making a trip to McKale this season. Any suggestion on game/time of year to attend?

Yeah, it's a little bit nicer with the end zone addition, but it's like a poor man's Vanier.  Doesn't change the fact that the rest of the stadium, press box especially, is a dump.  And looks odd with that on one end of the field and a huge big screen on the other end.  Not to mention the dumpster fire of a team they put on the field. 

I usually go to a handful of games at McKale.  I do like going to them.  As for recommendations, any conference game of course and hopefully Trier is back when you come.  The out of conference home schedule is pretty lame.  UCLA with Lonzo Ball would be fun to see. Cal with Ivan Rabb, and I know Oregon doesn't play at McKale this year, but if Washington does, Fultz is another one to watch out for. 

I was really looking forward to Ray Smith playing this year, so once he went down again, kind of ruined my season.  Lauri is the real deal though and Kobi will be good once he figures it out and isn't so raw. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1001 on: November 26, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »
Would go anywhere in Arizona. Nice weather, golf, mountain hiking, okay bar scene, mexican food.

Don't really care about how nice the stadium is, because that's like 3 hours of my trip.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 26, 2016, 06:02:53 PM »
I was sort of considering going to the Cactus Bowl if they made it.  However, I saw that it is played in the the Dbacks stadium instead of in Tempe....

Yeah, the Insight.com Bowl was a disaster there, but then again, Sun Devil Stadium is just as big of a hullabaloo hole as the rest of them.  They need to play it in the new stadium in Glendale for it to be worth going.  Until then it will always be a third or fourth tier bowl. 

You're a little biased considering you're an Arizona fan, but Sun Devil Stadium is getting renovated nicely here over the next 2 years. UofP in Glendale is just ok. Not bad, not good, just meh.

Also - I was considering going to Tucson on Friday for the Territorial Cup. Worth going or no?

I hate Arizona Stadium more than I hate Sun Devil Stadium.  I have only been to one game since my Freshman year at the UofA and it was a mistake to go back.  It was for the Territorial Cup back in 2010, that went into overtime with the missed FGs and extra points.  I won't go back until K-State plays there in 2025 or whenever it is. 

Yeah, UofP Stadium is just meh, but it is definitely better than anything else in Arizona.  Chase isn't bad, but just not a football stadium.  McKale is nice.  Talking Stick Arena is ok.  The Coyotes one is nice.  But when it comes to the two DI college football stadiums, they are both horrible.  Sun Devil just less horrible than AZ Stadium.  Fitting considering how bad both teams are this year. 

I didn't make trip - thank goodness. Hopefully Sun Devil Stadium polishes up after the renos. I've heard Arizona Stadium is nicer after their new end zone improvement. I like talking stick purely for it's convenience. Coyotes are bailing on Gila River too for a new arena in Tempe. Planning on making a trip to McKale this season. Any suggestion on game/time of year to attend?

Coyotes aren't bailing on Gila River, the city of Glendale essentially kicked us out; thank God, it's definitely for the better

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 27, 2016, 09:07:29 AM »

Coyotes aren't bailing on Gila River, the city of Glendale essentially kicked us out; thank God, it's definitely for the better

The new location should certainly draw more fan interest. I can get free box tickets from work and still don't go. I hate driving an hour across the valley with traffic to watch something I have moderate interest in. Only worth it for me when the Sharks come to AZ

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 27, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »

The new location should certainly draw more fan interest. I can get free box tickets from work and still don't go. I hate driving an hour across the valley with traffic to watch something I have moderate interest in. Only worth it for me when the Sharks come to AZ

I hate you :curse:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: November 27, 2016, 03:18:28 PM »
i like you DoD
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 27, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »
i like you DoD

Having three sharks fans on this board is the weirdest thing about this place.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 27, 2016, 06:33:35 PM »
Who are the sharks? Ppl watch hockey in the dessert? :confused:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 27, 2016, 08:52:14 PM »
i like you DoD

Is it any weirder than having a Fulham fan and a Hull City fan?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »
i like you DoD

yep.  having a fulham, a hull city, and an el paso fan.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 27, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »
i like you DoD

yep.  having a fulham, a hull city, and an el paso fan.

it makes sense for there to be a Fulham fan.  When i started following Fulham in high school there were FIVE Americans.  FIVE.  I had an actual reason to follow Fulham unlike the glory hunting United, City, and Chelsea fans that make up this board.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 27, 2016, 10:01:53 PM »
Who fakes being a fan of something that doesn't matter the most? MIR with women's sports or Scott with soccer? :Wha: :love:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 27, 2016, 10:11:09 PM »
Just go to bed Wacky. Your unprompted and weird attempt to get into an Internet fight in this thread is tired and old.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 27, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »
 :lol:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 27, 2016, 11:51:59 PM »
i like Sun Devil Stadium a lot.  The new reno makes it look very weird though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 28, 2016, 10:13:56 AM »
Scottwildcat, take control of your god damn thread
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »
Scottwildcat, take control of your god damn thread

collegefootballnews.com is still projecting an Arkansas v. K-State Liberty Bowl despite multiple people pointing out the obvious to them.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 28, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 28, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 28, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
An 8-4 team is going to represent the SEC in the Sugar Bowl.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: November 28, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/27/13755958/bowl-projections-2016-college-football-playoff-predictions

another Texas Bowl vs Texas A&M

I think A&M is a lock for this bowl, I do think TCU will take that spot if they beat us though.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 28, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »
An 8-4 team is going to represent the SEC in the Sugar Bowl.

This is accurate.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 28, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile