Author Topic: Bowl Projections  (Read 337659 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Bowl Projections
« Reply #975 on: November 23, 2016, 09:11:56 AM »
:lol:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 23, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/23/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-usc-colorado/94307206/

USA Today is now on the list of the worst projections, having K-State going to the Armed Forces Bowl vs Navy even after the win vs Baylor and the basement of a 7-5 season.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #979 on: November 23, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »
I'm not the world's biggest bowl expert,  but I'd prefer a bowl game where I didn't have to check the State Department website for safety threats before booking my hotel or buying tickets. Just me.
lol when an isu fan says no to el Paso you know you lost the argument

No offense havs

Yeah, I'd probably pass on El Paso if ISU ever played there...even if it was our only chance at a bowl in a decade.
lol. No you wouldn't. You'd over spend for press box seats if ISU ever made a bowl game there.

Meh, I didn't bother going to the Pinstripe or Liberty Bowls in 11 or 12. Did go to Tempe for the Insight in 09.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 23, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
FTR I think El Paso would be a fine place if the city of El Paso (or Juarez) wasn't there.  I like the peacefulness of the desert.  It's the humans that eff it up. 

Obviously has nothing to do with a bowl game.  I don't think El Paso vs Detroit is an argument worth having, they're both in the "not going" category.  Even Houston is gross.  DFW is fun but been there done that. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 23, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »
Exactly!  :cheers:

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 23, 2016, 11:25:18 AM »
I was sort of considering going to the Cactus Bowl if they made it.  However, I saw that it is played in the the Dbacks stadium instead of in Tempe....

Yeah, the Insight.com Bowl was a disaster there, but then again, Sun Devil Stadium is just as big of a hullabaloo hole as the rest of them.  They need to play it in the new stadium in Glendale for it to be worth going.  Until then it will always be a third or fourth tier bowl. 

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 23, 2016, 01:20:49 PM »
I was sort of considering going to the Cactus Bowl if they made it.  However, I saw that it is played in the the Dbacks stadium instead of in Tempe....

Yeah, the Insight.com Bowl was a disaster there, but then again, Sun Devil Stadium is just as big of a hullabaloo hole as the rest of them.  They need to play it in the new stadium in Glendale for it to be worth going.  Until then it will always be a third or fourth tier bowl. 

You're a little biased considering you're an Arizona fan, but Sun Devil Stadium is getting renovated nicely here over the next 2 years. UofP in Glendale is just ok. Not bad, not good, just meh.

Also - I was considering going to Tucson on Friday for the Territorial Cup. Worth going or no?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 23, 2016, 01:45:13 PM »
I'm not the world's biggest bowl expert,  but I'd prefer a bowl game where I didn't have to check the State Department website for safety threats before booking my hotel or buying tickets. Just me.
lol when an isu fan says no to el Paso you know you lost the argument

No offense havs

Yeah, I'd probably pass on El Paso if ISU ever played there...even if it was our only chance at a bowl in a decade.

If our only bowl game in like a generation was a game rin Memphis to Tulsa, I think I'd quit sports.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 23, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »
looks like i missed a good wacky bender again last night, dang

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 25, 2016, 12:53:42 AM »

You're a little biased considering you're an Arizona fan, but Sun Devil Stadium is getting renovated nicely here over the next 2 years. UofP in Glendale is just ok. Not bad, not good, just meh.

Also - I was considering going to Tucson on Friday for the Territorial Cup. Worth going or no?

I hate Arizona Stadium more than I hate Sun Devil Stadium.  I have only been to one game since my Freshman year at the UofA and it was a mistake to go back.  It was for the Territorial Cup back in 2010, that went into overtime with the missed FGs and extra points.  I won't go back until K-State plays there in 2025 or whenever it is. 

Yeah, UofP Stadium is just meh, but it is definitely better than anything else in Arizona.  Chase isn't bad, but just not a football stadium.  McKale is nice.  Talking Stick Arena is ok.  The Coyotes one is nice.  But when it comes to the two DI college football stadiums, they are both horrible.  Sun Devil just less horrible than AZ Stadium.  Fitting considering how bad both teams are this year. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 25, 2016, 02:12:34 AM »
The best part about Detroit is none of the losers criticizing it would be able to have fun there anyways and they are better off staying away and telling all their other loser friends about how terrible it is which keeps them away too.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 25, 2016, 02:32:42 AM »
That's a great point KK

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #989 on: November 25, 2016, 08:41:44 AM »
Places I'm not going to for a bowl game, because they suck and renting a hotel room in Hutch would be more fun:
- Schreveport (would go to Mobile tho-i know not same state)
- Detroit (place is a DMZ, only reason to go is to experience post apocalypse society)
- Florida except Jacksonville (unless golf, lots of golf)
- El Paso (quit claim this hell hole to the city of juarez)
- San Francisco  (not what I'd call a sports town, more like a place for the bourgeois to live off their t-funds)

Anyone bitching about DFW, Houston, Phoenix, Memphis, San Diego is cray cray
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 25, 2016, 02:29:14 PM »
question for known stud cfb bowl prognosticator scott_wildcatKSU- any chance we slot against arkansas?  they seem pretty good and i would like to play them again

why does the b12-big 10 not have a bowl?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 25, 2016, 05:32:50 PM »
question for known stud cfb bowl prognosticator scott_wildcatKSU- any chance we slot against arkansas?  they seem pretty good and i would like to play them again

why does the b12-big 10 not have a bowl?
Very little to no chance we play Arkansas again. Very few times will bowl games set up the same matchup from the last year. In theory the best chance for that to happen would be in the Liberty bowl again, but I would just be absolutely shocked for that to occur.

No idea why we don't have a bowl with the big 10.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 25, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
nevermind they just lost to mu :lol:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 25, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »
playing army would be the best.  something different.  or navy, whatever.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 25, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
"son of a bitch"... just for you, clams.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 25, 2016, 08:33:12 PM »
"son of a bitch"... just for you, clams.
i said it when i read it.  thanks for the assist, Katdaddy

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 25, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »
I'm warming up to UP general destroying an armed service

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 25, 2016, 09:51:19 PM »
He is AF so he has always looked down on Army & Navy

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 25, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »

I hate Arizona Stadium more than I hate Sun Devil Stadium.  I have only been to one game since my Freshman year at the UofA and it was a mistake to go back.  It was for the Territorial Cup back in 2010, that went into overtime with the missed FGs and extra points.  I won't go back until K-State plays there in 2025 or whenever it is. 

Yeah, UofP Stadium is just meh, but it is definitely better than anything else in Arizona.  Chase isn't bad, but just not a football stadium.  McKale is nice.  Talking Stick Arena is ok.  The Coyotes one is nice.  But when it comes to the two DI college football stadiums, they are both horrible.  Sun Devil just less horrible than AZ Stadium.  Fitting considering how bad both teams are this year. 

I didn't make trip - thank goodness. Hopefully Sun Devil Stadium polishes up after the renos. I've heard Arizona Stadium is nicer after their new end zone improvement. I like talking stick purely for it's convenience. Coyotes are bailing on Gila River too for a new arena in Tempe. Planning on making a trip to McKale this season. Any suggestion on game/time of year to attend?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 26, 2016, 12:07:06 AM »
Wacky is an embarrassment to gE. Good grief.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk