Author Topic: Mike Gundy and other Comedians  (Read 18230 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Gundy
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2020, 08:36:56 AM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2020, 12:10:35 PM »
Gundy is a terrific actor, or the CU player is a terrific actor.  At least one of the two of them is very, very good at acting.  I doubt they are BOTH lying, because that would be super weird to have one guy lying about the other guy using racist name calling, while the other actually DID use racist name calling (unknown to the first guy) but is lying and saying he did not use racist name calling.  You rarely see that sort of thing.

I supposed we haven't ruled out mistaken identify.  How many QB's did OSU play at one time back then?  Wishbone full of QB's? I was young then, so I may have missed that.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that Gundy is a racist piece of crap who is lying, but that's just because I saw pictures of him wearing a t-shirt for a news brand that racist pieces of crap love.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2020, 12:53:23 PM »

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2020, 12:16:07 PM »

Yeah... if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce that dude's name, I'd appreciate it.

kthnxbye
Pronounced
AY-men awg-BONG-beh-MEE-guh

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I love Woke Tom!

Also, PurpleOil....no one wants you here.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »

Yeah... if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce that dude's name, I'd appreciate it.

kthnxbye
Pronounced

Tom

I love Woke Tom!

lol There is no way any native English speaking person can look at that name and know how to pronounce it correctly. GTFO of here with your faux outrage.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2020, 07:35:06 AM »

kthnxbye
Pronounced

Tom

I love Woke Tom!

lol There is no way any native English speaking person can look at that name and know how to pronounce it correctly. GTFO of here with your faux outrage.

You didn't actually know to care, if you did you would have looked it up like Tom did. You are a grown ass man making fun of someone's name, there's no outage, only shame.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2020, 10:10:45 AM »

kthnxbye
Pronounced

Tom

I love Woke Tom!

You didn't actually know to care, if you did you would have looked it up like Tom did. You are a grown ass man making fun of someone's name, there's no outage, only shame.

It basically sounds like it looks. Most Nigerian names are if one takes longer than “hur hur, long African name hard to say”

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2020, 10:37:22 AM »

kthnxbye
Pronounced

Tom

I love Woke Tom!

It basically sounds like it looks. Most Nigerian names are if one takes longer than “hur hur, long African name hard to say”
Yep. There was a juh vs guh question I had about the ending, as in .gif.
:adios:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »
Hey dude (osu prez i don't know), I know I've flirted here and there, but you know I love you. But as punishment, let's lower my buyout.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2020, 07:13:33 PM »
Hey dude (osu prez i don't know), I know I've flirted here and there, but you know I love you. But as punishment, let's lower my buyout.

exactly.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2020, 07:44:53 PM »
Lolz

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2020, 09:53:57 PM »
he obviously mumped up WAY more than just wearing an OAN shirt and parading the garbage on twitter.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2020, 09:09:16 AM »

kthnxbye
Pronounced

Tom

I love Woke Tom!

Oh STFU already with this offended bullshit. I legitimately did not know how to pronounce the name and asked a simple question because I was feeling a little too lazy to look it up. He's a football player, and this is a football board. A google search also shows that the Tulsa World had enough readers who also couldn't make heads or tails of some of the OSU players names, including Amen, and did an article on how to pronouce about twenty of them with unique or non-English names. I guess all of them are lazy racists too?

As for the second part of your statement, so what if I made a joke about his name while asking my question? Every culture on this planet makes jokes at the expense of other cultures. Ever. Single. One. It doesn't make anyone better or worse for it, especially since most are like mine, and aren't even derogatory. It's just one of the ways humans observe our differences and it's not wrong. 

You're just feigning offense at this point to continue justifying your imagined moral superiority.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »

kthnxbye
Pronounced

Tom

I love Woke Tom!

Oh STFU already with this offended bullshit. I legitimately did not know how to pronounce the name and asked a simple question because I was feeling a little too lazy to look it up. He's a football player, and this is a football board. A google search also shows that the Tulsa World had enough readers who also couldn't make heads or tails of some of the OSU players names, including Amen, and did an article on how to pronouce about twenty of them with unique or non-English names. I guess all of them are lazy racists too?

As for the second part of your statement, so what if I made a joke about his name while asking my question? Every culture on this planet makes jokes at the expense of other cultures. Ever. Single. One. It doesn't make anyone better or worse for it, especially since most are like mine, and aren't even derogatory. It's just one of the ways humans observe our differences and it's not wrong. 

You're just feigning offense at this point to continue justifying your imagined moral superiority.

hmm was it a simple question or a joke?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2020, 09:18:33 AM »
Is it really that unfathomable for it to have been both?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2020, 09:36:15 AM »
well, if you're telling a joke at another culture's expense, it does in fact make you worse for it.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2020, 09:42:39 AM »
well, if you're telling a joke at another culture's expense, it does in fact make you worse for it.
I’m don’t think that’s necessarily true.  I thought Chapelle’s Show was funny as hell, for example.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2020, 09:54:12 AM »
I’m don’t think that’s necessarily true.  I thought Chapelle’s Show was funny as hell, for example.

oh I was directing that at purple oil, not Dave Chapelle.

(although Chapelle's gay/trans material is pretty bad)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2020, 09:58:30 AM »

oh I was directing that at purple oil, not Dave Chapelle.

(although Chapelle's gay/trans material is pretty bad)
Yeah, I mean, purpleoil’s material sucks ass and Chapelle’s is good. My point is that I don’t think jokes at the expense of other cultures necessarily make you worse for making them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2020, 10:07:24 AM »
ok 8manpick

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »
I'm so glad we have mich here to be our moral arbiter.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2020, 11:35:34 AM »
I'm so glad we have mich here to be our moral arbiter.

:thumbs:

Happy to help! :)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2020, 01:56:23 PM »
People are complex and, frankly, so is racism. No racism is acceptable, but there are clearly layers with differing amounts of toxicity/danger.

Because of that, I do think people can be easily labeled as racism when they're not. And that is also dangerous if a herd mentality attaches itself to the incorrect assumption. We're in a tough spot where social justice warriors need to keep pushing while simultaneously putting down some of the pitch forks. Some will disagree with that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.