Author Topic: Mike Gundy and other Comedians  (Read 18231 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Gundy
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
So glad Doug is not affiliated with KSU in any way.

Yes, wow.  What a huge downgrade

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2020, 04:54:58 PM »
now lets get Saban on the straight and narrow.

Saban has always been known as someone who strongly supports his players and doesn't treat them as property. A fallacy some hardos have made here is that this is because Gundy doesn't act like their friend. You can have high expectations of people but still treat them with respect, it really isn't hard.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 05:15:52 PM »
I'm very happy LHC Bill Snyder isn't our coach in this environment rn.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 05:17:17 PM »
So this was all about doo rags (dumb rule anyway), jewelry (another dumb and meaningless rule), Hair (yet another dumb and meaningless rule),  saggy pants (so what if women working in the facility are made uncomfortable I suppose), and racist/sexist/misogynistic music . . . no clarification if this was for personal earphone consumption (if so, WTF Gunds??) or over PA/Stereo platform?

https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/status/1272940094186381312?s=20
Those rules are pretty racist

So you're fine with female employees in the football offices being subjected to dudes walking around with their pants a 3rd of the way down? 

You're fine with people having to just suck it up and listen to denigrating and misogynistic music?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »

So this was all about doo rags (dumb rule anyway), jewelry (another dumb and meaningless rule), Hair (yet another dumb and meaningless rule),  saggy pants (so what if women working in the facility are made uncomfortable I suppose), and racist/sexist/misogynistic music . . . no clarification if this was for personal earphone consumption (if so, WTF Gunds??) or over PA/Stereo platform?

So you're fine with female employees in the football offices being subjected to dudes walking around with their pants a 3rd of the way down? 

You're fine with people having to just suck it up and listen to denigrating and misogynistic music?

Yes

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »
Players may have legit gripes, and who knows, a dress code might be a legit gripe, but a dress code in a football facility seems pretty par for the course to me.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2020, 05:40:06 PM »

Yes. Among the blessings that I count.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »

Yes. Among the blessings that I count.
I'm glad the Meadowlark ruthlessly CANNED HIS ASS when he did.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »
Players may have legit gripes, and who knows, a dress code might be a legit gripe, but a dress code in a football facility seems pretty par for the course to me.

Yeah, well, police killing unarmed black men seems pretty par for the course. What now, DQ12?

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
I really, really doubt that list that Gottlieb floated is the entire list.  I'm also quite confident it lacks context on some of those things as well.  Like, HOW you communicate a given dress code rule and around which catalyst events can make all the difference.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »
I really, really doubt that list that Gottlieb floated is the entire list.  I'm also quite confident it lacks context on some of those things as well.  Like, HOW you communicate a given dress code rule and around which catalyst events can make all the difference.
I agree.  I'm sure there's more stuff.  I was just barbing rusty because that rascal was asking for it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2020, 05:57:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/closedprayer/status/1272966892295278598

Hmm, it's almost like dax is trying to create a certain narrative....
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2020, 06:10:07 PM »

big boomer energy here

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/btmartin40/status/1272969304452063242
I applaud Brock for doing his best to take his given name out of the WP shame thread

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »

Yeah... if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce that dude's name, I'd appreciate it.

kthnxbye

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2020, 09:03:19 PM »

Yeah... if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce that dude's name, I'd appreciate it.

kthnxbye
Pronounced
AY-men awg-BONG-beh-MEE-guh

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2020, 10:19:54 PM »

The dress code as described (to be fair, by Gottlieb) sure seems targeted at what a racist coach thinks black players might want to wear. I'm pretty sure Gundy could have come up with a dress code that doesn't seem so racist if it was important to him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »

I don't find that to be particularly fair. Do you not understand the nature of the complaints at Oklahoma State and Iowa? These athletes aren't complaining about their coaches being grumpy assholes. I'd be stunned if Snyder and his assistants were doing things like telling players they'll send them back to the ghetto. Honestly, I'd suspect crap like this from a Ron Prince staff more than Snyder or Klieman.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2020, 07:08:09 AM »
So glad Doug is not affiliated with KSU in any way.

Thank God we never wanted him anyway.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2020, 08:48:59 AM »

big boomer energy here

You can't have it both rough ridin' ways Lick.   You can't be losing your crap about sexual harassment (particularly if it's done by a person in a political party you don't like) and then say it's perfectly acceptable for (in this case) guys to be walking around offices et. al. with their pants 1/3rd of the way down.   

You can't be all PC one minute about the objectification of people, and then say it's perfectly fine for the sound system to be blaring all kinds of misogynistic=ly worded songs.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »
I'll admit that the sagging pants = sexual harassment is a new one for me. Usually complaining against saggy pants is a pure racist take, but I suppose claiming to make it about sexual harassment is progress.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2020, 09:05:43 AM »
I'll admit that the sagging pants = sexual harassment is a new one for me. Usually complaining against saggy pants is a pure racist take, but I suppose claiming to make it about sexual harassment is progress.

As usual, excellent job of leaving out an  important qualifier, cRusty.

Drink your milk.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2020, 09:07:22 AM »
the no sagging pants could just be a pull up your damn pants you look ridiculous take, but who knows maybe i'm getting racist in my old age

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2020, 09:31:36 AM »

I don't find that to be particularly fair. Do you not understand the nature of the complaints at Oklahoma State and Iowa? These athletes aren't complaining about their coaches being grumpy assholes. I'd be stunned if Snyder and his assistants were doing things like telling players they'll send them back to the ghetto. Honestly, I'd suspect crap like this from a Ron Prince staff more than Snyder or Klieman.
Eh the hair container things.  Roberson's scholly.  Bowl rings.  I'm sure there are others. 

25 seasons is a long time for skeletons to build up.  I've seen comment threads from quite a few disgruntled former players over the years that make me relieved that Snyder is out of the spotlight rn.  Maybe his record is clean, maybe not, but I'm happy we have a relative newcomer at the helm rn.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2020, 10:04:28 AM »

Eh the hair container things.  Roberson's scholly.  Bowl rings.  I'm sure there are others. 

25 seasons is a long time for skeletons to build up.  I've seen comment threads from quite a few disgruntled former players over the years that make me relieved that Snyder is out of the spotlight rn.  Maybe his record is clean, maybe not, but I'm happy we have a relative newcomer at the helm rn.

No jewelry, no hats, no do rags and I mean, the music . . .  :blank: