Author Topic: what if collein klein is a complete badass?  (Read 79069 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what if collein klein is a complete badass?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
keep in mind, we threw Klein out there to the wolves. He was out there without our two leading recievers. He was throwing to Bachamp and Quarles for chrissakes.

Yeah, but every throw I saw him make ended up in the dirt about 10 yards in front of him. I don't think the receivers were to blame. Hopefully he's gotten better.

Beasley went through a similar phase.  He was always throwing god damn bounce passes during his first season.

I expect Kleiny to be every bit as good as Beasley.

Roberson did the bounce pass thing too.

Look, I understand that QB's can get better, and I hope that's the case. Let's just not go crazy saying that CK is going to be as good as Coffman before we even see him throw a pass this year.

Klein would have beat Missouri. 

Proof?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 10:19:10 AM »
 :ck:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 10:36:41 AM »
nobody did the bounce pass as well as allan evridge

matt miller owned colorado with one

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
keep in mind, we threw Klein out there to the wolves. He was out there without our two leading recievers. He was throwing to Bachamp and Quarles for chrissakes.

Yeah, but every throw I saw him make ended up in the dirt about 10 yards in front of him. I don't think the receivers were to blame. Hopefully he's gotten better.

Couldn't of been every throw he was 11 for 18.  More then anything he just didn't throw the ball much and looked all out of rhythm when we called a pass.   

Offline colsanders718

• Fan
  • EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »

Beasley went through a similar phase.  He was always throwing god damn bounce passes during his first season.

Look, I understand that QB's can get better, and I hope that's the case. Let's just not go crazy saying that CK is going to be as good as Coffman before we even see him throw a pass this year.

Proof?

Klein kept us in the game until they put Coffman in to fumble the ball and throw some picks and generally piss away any chance we had at being competitive  :flush: ... I'm certain most people who watched that game would agree we had a much better chance with Klein on the field...

:shakesfist:

Online kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »

Coffman loved the bounce pass on out routes.  I think it's a problem with overthrowing it and it probably fixes itself when the QB gets more comfortable.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »

Proof?

Klein kept us in the game until they put Coffman in to fumble the ball and throw some picks and generally piss away any chance we had at being competitive  :flush: ... I'm certain most people who watched that game would agree we had a much better chance with Klein on the field...

:shakesfist:

Both QB's were horrible. Just look at what the offense did when Klein came out to lead them at the start of the second half. Klein was only effective in the first half before Mizzou could make adjustments.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »
OB is going to open the playbook for Kleiny Coff this year.

Tim Tebow type stuff here, guys.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
OB is going to open the playbook for Kleiny Coff this year.

Tim Tebow type stuff here, guys.

Lets get a jump pass instead of a bounce pass

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Klein had 140 some yards rushing against MU on 18 carries.  He was also 4 for 6 throwing with a TD pass.  Hard to say he was horrible at any point.  They did shut down his running early in the second half and we stuck in Carson to try and make a come back.  But Klein came back in later in the game and threw a pretty long TD pass.  We moved the ball pretty well against MU in both halfs the turnovers just killed us.   

Offline scoops callahan

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
not happening. maybe, tuggle.
#LIFE

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 01:21:13 PM »
How about the bounce option pitch a la Beas against NU '00?

We should try to incorporate that into our offense more.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »
Klein had 140 some yards rushing against MU on 18 carries.  He was also 4 for 6 throwing with a TD pass.  Hard to say he was horrible at any point.  They did shut down his running early in the second half and we stuck in Carson to try and make a come back.  But Klein came back in later in the game and threw a pretty long TD pass.  We moved the ball pretty well against MU in both halfs the turnovers just killed us.   

Carson also had a nice long TD pass running the 2 minute drill, fwiw. No QB is going to have a horrible-looking stat line when they only throw 6 passes and the defense is unprepared to face them. Mizzou adjusted in the second half and we couldn't move the ball because Klein was a horrible passer. I do think Klein will be improved this year, but last year, Coffman was clearly the better option. I wouldn't just take it for granted that Klein will be an improvement over Coffman.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »

Carson also had a nice long TD pass running the 2 minute drill, fwiw. No QB is going to have a horrible-looking stat line when they only throw 6 passes and the defense is unprepared to face them. Mizzou adjusted in the second half and we couldn't move the ball because Klein was a horrible passer. I do think Klein will be improved this year, but last year, Coffman was clearly the better option. I wouldn't just take it for granted that Klein will be an improvement over Coffman.

Carson played well vs. MU at times save for the turnovers he moved the team well.  I don't disagree that Carson was the better option last season.  I do think Klein will likely  be better this year then Coffman was  last year. He's just more talented and a better fit for the offense.  Look at how awful Coffman was his junior  season.  QB's tend to look awful a first and then improve a lot in Snyder's system as long as they work hard and are not dumbasses.  Given there wasn't much of a gap between Klein and Coffman last year I would guess he'll improve enough this off season to supass Coffman's level of play.   

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 02:50:41 PM »

Carson played well vs. MU at times save for the turnovers he moved the team well.  I don't disagree that Carson was the better option last season.  I do think Klein will likely  be better this year then Coffman was  last year. He's just more talented and a better fit for the offense.  Look at how awful Coffman was his junior  season.  QB's tend to look awful a first and then improve a lot in Snyder's system as long as they work hard and are not dumbasses.  Given there wasn't much of a gap between Klein and Coffman last year I would guess he'll improve enough this off season to supass Coffman's level of play.   

Yeah, I'm not saying he won't be better, and I agree that it's likely he will be. It's also somewhat likely that he won't, though. We will move the ball and score points, regardless.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
who cares if he can throw?  he will asspound people with his running.  didn't he asspound texas with hus running?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »
besides, it's not like snyder wants to ever throw the ball.

Offline colsanders718

• Fan
  • EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 03:18:37 PM »
who cares if he can throw?  he will asspound people with his running.  didn't he asspound texas with hus running?

This :thumbs:  :kstategrad:  :lynchmob:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 03:51:16 PM »
This season might actually be the perfect storm for us to suck hard.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »

Correct.

Kleiny this year will be a LOT like Beasley.  You'll see some fake-option passing (remember that beauty that he tossed for a TD in Boulder), they have to bite on it. 

We have already seen Kleiny throw this exact same pass ( ), cept now he'll be tossing it to Harper and/or Sams (yes, Sams).

After Kavs left, Snyder completely switched to yards per completion as his measuring stick for the passing game.  He was to nail you deep every once in a while.  Partly because you can get a big play that changes the momentum of the game, but mostly because it keeps those DB's back there and gives his QB options for running like a bagillion times more a game.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »

the difference between horrible and "okay" is 1 win. 5 or 6

7 would be good

8 would be a miracle and the fumble gods are handing us points

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »

the difference between horrible and "okay" is 1 win. 5 or 6

7 would be good

8 would be a miracle and the fumble gods are handing us points

You just described how every season will be as long as we are in the Big 12 and play every team once.  This is the reason that we need to pay for non-con wins and avoid "sexy" matchups that appease casual fans.  I prefer to go to my bowl game in December than in August, than you very rough ridin' much.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
Yeah-  You gotta figure OU and UT are always going to be very good, Mizzou, TTU, aTm, and OSU are going to be solid to good, Baylor, KU, and ISU should be winnable games most years.  5 wins in conference would be a very nice season.  I say we schedule two total cupcakes and one game against a lower end BCS type team.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »
now he'll be tossing it to Harper and/or Sams (yes, Sams).

:flush:                :flush:                        :flush:                                             :flush:                                                                             :flush:

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »
who cares if he can throw?  he will asspound people with his running.  didn't he asspound texas with hus running?

Correct.

Kleiny this year will be a LOT like Beasley.  You'll see some fake-option passing (remember that beauty that he tossed for a TD in Boulder), they have to bite on it.  

We have already seen Kleiny throw this exact same pass ( ), cept now he'll be tossing it to Harper and/or Sams (yes, Sams).

After Kavs left, Snyder completely switched to yards per completion as his measuring stick for the passing game.  He was to nail you deep every once in a while.  Partly because you can get a big play that changes the momentum of the game, but mostly because it keeps those DB's back there and gives his QB options for running like a bagillion times more a game.

Yes with the QB run game you outnumber a 7 man front.  So the defense has to bring up a safety and then you throw behind them deep.  If you have a guy that is a threat to run and can hit an occasional deep ball it is very hard to defend.   We know Klein can run and I believe he can hit the occasional deep ball.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:31:12 PM by kostakio »