Author Topic: john "teach me how to be a dumbass" dougie  (Read 7734 times)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
john "teach me how to be a dumbass" dougie
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »
http://www.salon.com/technology/how_the_world_works/2011/07/06/the_final_nail_in_the_supply_side_coffin

From the Wall Street Journal:
While the U.S. economy staggers through one of its slowest recoveries since the Great Depression, American companies are poised to report strong earnings for the second quarter -- exposing a dichotomy between corporate performance and the overall health of the economy.

Ya, THAT Wall Street Journal. The same rag that every Fortune 500 CEO and hedge fund profiteer gets on their office desk each morning.

and it gets better..

n the first quarter of 2011, aggregate U.S. GDP -- the total value of all the goods and services produced in the United States -- was higher than the peak reached before the recession began in 2007. During the six quarters since the recession technically ended in the second quarter of 2009, real national income in the U.S. increased by $528 billion. But the vast majority of that income was captured as profit by corporations that failed to pass on their happy fortunes to their workers.

aggregate GPD is doing better now than BEFORE the recession.

So in short, explain to me why unemployment is still hovering around 9% and those who are employed (or underemployed) are making the same average income as they were before the Lehman/AIG crash in 2008.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: john "teach me how to be a dumbass" dougie
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:25:35 PM »
Motion to rename the pit to "book's nook"
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »
Well when you pump billions Trillions into the economy through stimulus and QE obviously companies are going to absorb that money and make profit. The reason unemployment is still so high is that  now the stimulus and QE are gone companies don't know how strong the economy is going to be in 1-2 years and are not hiring until the picture is clearer. Who wants to spend 30k to train an employee for 2 months if they are just going to lay them off in 6 months?

If you read the entire Wall St Journal today you would of seen the other article where the interviewed the CEO of Legget and Platt

The chief executive of Leggett & Platt Inc. (LEG)--a 128-year-old maker of steel products based in this small southwest Missouri town--saw business blossoming last year and thought he would be adding hundreds of jobs by now. But with economic growth faltering and consumers in a funk, he is hunkering down again. Better to boost hours for his existing 19,000 workers, he says, and see how things go.

"Until we start seeing more people confident about the ability to get work, I'm holding back," Haffner says.

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/markets/newsfeeditem.aspx?id=148573656329327

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »
Well when you pump billions Trillions into the economy through stimulus and QE obviously companies are going to absorb that money and make profit. The reason unemployment is still so high is that  now the stimulus and QE are gone companies don't know how strong the economy is going to be in 1-2 years and are not hiring until the picture is clearer. Who wants to spend 30k to train an employee for 2 months if they are just going to lay them off in 6 months?

If you read the entire Wall St Journal today you would of seen the other article where the interviewed the CEO of Legget and Platt

The chief executive of Leggett & Platt Inc. (LEG)--a 128-year-old maker of steel products based in this small southwest Missouri town--saw business blossoming last year and thought he would be adding hundreds of jobs by now. But with economic growth faltering and consumers in a funk, he is hunkering down again. Better to boost hours for his existing 19,000 workers, he says, and see how things go.

"Until we start seeing more people confident about the ability to get work, I'm holding back," Haffner says.

yeah, no...

same logic as to why lending hasn't increased after we pumped our tax dollars into the system.  Corporations don't give a eff about America or Americans, only their bottom lines.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »
http://www.salon.com/technology/how_the_world_works/2011/07/06/the_final_nail_in_the_supply_side_coffin

From the Wall Street Journal:
While the U.S. economy staggers through one of its slowest recoveries since the Great Depression, American companies are poised to report strong earnings for the second quarter -- exposing a dichotomy between corporate performance and the overall health of the economy.

Ya, THAT Wall Street Journal. The same rag that every Fortune 500 CEO and hedge fund profiteer gets on their office desk each morning.

and it gets better..

n the first quarter of 2011, aggregate U.S. GDP -- the total value of all the goods and services produced in the United States -- was higher than the peak reached before the recession began in 2007. During the six quarters since the recession technically ended in the second quarter of 2009, real national income in the U.S. increased by $528 billion. But the vast majority of that income was captured as profit by corporations that failed to pass on their happy fortunes to their workers.

aggregate GPD is doing better now than BEFORE the recession.

So in short, explain to me why unemployment is still hovering around 9% and those who are employed (or underemployed) are making the same average income as they were before the Lehman/AIG crash in 2008.

:flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:             :flush::flush::flush::flush:              :flush:           :flush::flush::flush::flush:
 :flush:                              :flush:          :flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush:                              :flush:          :flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush::flush::flush::flush:                :flush::flush::flush::flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush:                              :flush:                             :flush:           :flush:
 :flush:                              :flush:                             :flush:           :flush:
 :flush::flush::flush::flush:                :flush:                             :flush:           :flush::flush::flush: :flush:

:flush::flush::flush::flush:               :flush::flush::flush::flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush:                             :flush:          :flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush:                             :flush:          :flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush::flush::flush::flush:               :flush::flush::flush::flush:              :flush:           :flush:
 :flush:                             :flush:          :flush:              :flush:           :flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »
Well when you pump billions Trillions into the economy through stimulus and QE obviously companies are going to absorb that money and make profit. The reason unemployment is still so high is that  now the stimulus and QE are gone companies don't know how strong the economy is going to be in 1-2 years and are not hiring until the picture is clearer. Who wants to spend 30k to train an employee for 2 months if they are just going to lay them off in 6 months?

yeah, no...

same logic as to why lending hasn't increased after we pumped our tax dollars into the system.  Corporations don't give a eff about America or Americans, only their bottom lines.

Corporations are supposed to take care of their shareholders you stupid mother rough rider.  Instead of bitching about it, buy stock.

Moreover corporations don't lend money they borrow it, so at least you got that straight in your premise. . .  :facepalm:

I thought all these idiot anti-corporations retards disappeared in the early 90's. :ck:

Question for irrational anti-corporate doltish morons:  Do LLC's that choose to be taxed as corporations hate americans?  What about other limited liability business entities like LP's, LLP's, LLLP's, P.C.'s, etc.?  Does the fact that corporate earnings are taxed twice to shareholders make corporations hate americans more or less?  What about non-profit corporations like the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and the March of Dimes do they hate americans?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:11:34 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »

yeah, no...

same logic as to why lending hasn't increased after we pumped our tax dollars into the system.  Corporations don't give a eff about America or Americans, only their bottom lines.

There's certainly some truth to that. Just more reason we shouldn't have given these bad person globalists our money

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 10:35:05 PM »
Does the fact that corporate earnings are taxed twice to shareholders. 

This talking point never gets old. Keep fighting the good fight, I'm sure some rich Republican will give you a reacharound some day.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
yeah, no...

Very substantial argument(I'm not sure why corporations would need to have money lended to them if they are making a profit(their only purpose) and do not need to expand to meet their forcasts for future demand)Please explain in more detail.

I'll listen off air.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 12:58:01 AM »

yeah, no...

There's certainly some truth to that. Just more reason we shouldn't have given these bad person globalists our money

Today I went and bought some beer.  Had to pay a sales tax AND because I had to drive I used gas (sales and gas tax).  Paid for it with income that I paid income tax AND from a bank account that had taxable interest.  Oppression man.  Just evil double taxes everywhere.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »

yeah, no...

Today I went and bought some beer.  Had to pay a sales tax AND because I had to drive I used gas (sales and gas tax).  Paid for it with income that I paid income tax AND from a bank account that had taxable interest.  Oppression man.  Just evil double taxes everywhere.

You know what's even worse? That money you used to buy beer that you already paid income tax on, the store owner will also have to pay income tax on the profit from your sale. Obviously that's double or triple taxation.

I think the government keeps printing money because if they stopped, no one would have any money because of all the double-negative taxation stuff that happens.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »

yeah, no...

You know what's even worse? That money you used to buy beer that you already paid income tax on, the store owner will also have to pay income tax on the profit from your sale. Obviously that's double or triple taxation.

I think the government keeps printing money because if they stopped, no one would have any money because of all the double-negative taxation stuff that happens.

Just gets me all riled up.  That and potholes.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »

yeah, no...

Plus, all that tax money is going to fund illegal wars for oil.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »

yeah, no...

Plus, all that tax money is going to fund illegal wars for oil.

Which is true.

Then, we get taxed again on the oil that we illegally obtained  :shakesfist:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
Well when you pump billions Trillions into the economy through stimulus and QE obviously companies are going to absorb that money and make profit. The reason unemployment is still so high is that  now the stimulus and QE are gone companies don't know how strong the economy is going to be in 1-2 years and are not hiring until the picture is clearer. Who wants to spend 30k to train an employee for 2 months if they are just going to lay them off in 6 months?

yeah, no...

same logic as to why lending hasn't increased after we pumped our tax dollars into the system.  Corporations don't give a eff about America or Americans, only their bottom lines.

Corporations are supposed to take care of their shareholders you stupid mother rough rider.  Instead of bitching about it, buy stock.

Moreover corporations don't lend money they borrow it, so at least you got that straight in your premise. . .  :facepalm:

I thought all these idiot anti-corporations retards disappeared in the early 90's. :ck:

Question for irrational anti-corporate doltish morons:  Do LLC's that choose to be taxed as corporations hate americans?  What about other limited liability business entities like LP's, LLP's, LLLP's, P.C.'s, etc.?  Does the fact that corporate earnings are taxed twice to shareholders make corporations hate americans more or less?  What about non-profit corporations like the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and the March of Dimes do they hate americans?
jfc we have some rough ridin' idiots in here who can't read. 

Oh and the corporations which actually move things like GDP don't pay taxes, that is just common sense.  Any idiot knows that business protections which are needed for the small business sector are not needed by huge MNCs.  But too many conservative retards take the bait and believe that when anyone complains about corporations they are anti-business.  If you weren't an idiot you would realize there is a stark divide between being anti-business and anti corporation. 

Corporate earnings at the highest levels are very rarely taxed twice, if taxed at all.  You would be an idiot to believe otherwise.  I'll let someone else explain how a corporation can buy a smaller debt ridden company and use that to work in their taxable income favor, because its not like that hasn't happened with the collapse post 08. 

Oh and by the way the quip about lending of course had nothing to do with most corporations.  the point is that bailout money, stimulus money and a multitude of other government projects using our tax dollars were meant to spur job creation, lending, infrastructure renewal etc etc but little has been done as intended.  See the classic example of GM using bailout money to pay back bailout money and making ads about it.  The highest level corporations and banks are doing better and there have been no benefits to small business owners, middle class families and the rest of the backbone of America.  The monies given out were suppose to spur economic development to help those classes, not to shore up portfolios, those were the implied and at times specific strings attached to so many of our tax dollars being given away. 

But back to chest thumping retards who think that someone who is anti-corporation is anti-business.   I would be willing to be you people also believe MNCs exist in a free market system.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »
the corporate bottom line and tax shelter policies are the best they've been since before crash in '08....and still.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14081789

Only some 18,000 new jobs were created in the month, way below expectations of a 90,000 rise, which had been raised by strong private sector hiring data on Thursday.

We're the private sector...we create jobs and help the economy. .HONEST!!  So ...don't tax us..like...at all...... particularly big oil... :peek:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:57 AM »

yeah, no...

Oh and the corporations which actually move things like GDP don't pay taxes, that is just common sense.  Any idiot knows that business protections which are needed for the small business sector are not needed by huge MNCs.  But too many conservative retards take the bait and believe that when anyone complains about corporations they are anti-business.  If you weren't an idiot you would realize there is a stark divide between being anti-business and anti corporation. 

Corporate earnings at the highest levels are very rarely taxed twice, if taxed at all.  You would be an idiot to believe otherwise.  I'll let someone else explain how a corporation can buy a smaller debt ridden company and use that to work in their taxable income favor, because its not like that hasn't happened with the collapse post 08. 

Oh and by the way the quip about lending of course had nothing to do with most corporations.  the point is that bailout money, stimulus money and a multitude of other government projects using our tax dollars were meant to spur job creation, lending, infrastructure renewal etc etc but little has been done as intended.  See the classic example of GM using bailout money to pay back bailout money and making ads about it.  The highest level corporations and banks are doing better and there have been no benefits to small business owners, middle class families and the rest of the backbone of America.  The monies given out were suppose to spur economic development to help those classes, not to shore up portfolios, those were the implied and at times specific strings attached to so many of our tax dollars being given away. 

But back to chest thumping retards who think that someone who is anti-corporation is anti-business.   I would be willing to be you people also believe MNCs exist in a free market system.

Glad to see that you realize the stimulus was a failure.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »
the corporate bottom line and tax shelter policies are the best they've been since before crash in '08....and still.

Only some 18,000 new jobs were created in the month, way below expectations of a 90,000 rise, which had been raised by strong private sector hiring data on Thursday.

We're the private sector...we create jobs and help the economy. .HONEST!!  So ...don't tax us..like...at all...... particularly big oil... :peek:

Federal, state, and local governments make much more on a gallon of gas than the producers.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 04:04:11 PM »

Federal, state, and local governments make much more on a gallon of gas than the producers.
tell me again why our poor oil companies need huge tax breaks for exploration and R&D, basically stealing tax dollars from US Americans by deferment, when they are making record profits during this wonderful recession?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »

yeah, no...

I find this mindless rant very amusing.  It totally fits the motto of "The Pit", DELUSIONAL RANTS AND UNSUPPORTED CLAIMS.

So the Multi-National corporations bewildered the federal govt. and stole taxpayers dollars?  And the person to blame for this is the MNC's?  This is completely irrational and an incoherent point of view.  Corporations (all kinds not just the "MNCs") owe a duty to their shareholders and by their very existence their employees and customers.  The only duty they owe to the Federal Govt and the society that foolishly empowers it is to behave in compliance with a minimum standard of conduct (aka the law and to a lesser extent public opinion).

I can only LOL at the rest of your comments.  Corporations don't pay taxes???  Very rarely is the income taxed twice???  This is complete bullshit, unsubstantiated and flat out ridiculous.  Oh wait, it's only the big evil MNCs that don't pay taxes (the ones with publicly available financial information).  Well let's ge'em!!!  Only one problem, how do we decide who the evil MNCs are versus just your honest run of the mill business that does some business overseas?

Do you propose we tax some corporations differently than others?  How would you work that around that constitution thingy?  Who decides which corporations pay the higher taxes and which pay less?  The federal govt. the MNCs allegedly took to school for $750B in stimulus money?  Do you decide?  

Your attempt to differentiate an "anti-business" point of view from an "anti-corporation" point of view is nonsense; the only thing I've seen on this board explained more poorly than your immediately preceding comments.  It's also rough ridin' hilarious, some new form of lib rhetoric I haven't been exposed to yet.  I like it!

I invite you to join me in the 21st Century, where we live in a global economy.  This MNCs you whine about have customers, employees, and tax obligations all over the globe.  The reason these companies choose to do business over there isn't because they hate the USA, its because the USA treats them like crap.  Anyone who makes too much money is demagogued to in front of Congress (unless its apple or google).  The USA has the second highest corporate tax rate in the world and no doubt some of the most cumbersome regulations.  Much like those saintly non-MNC corporations which are currently relocating throughout the USA in different states, MNCs are doing that over the world.  Figure it out.  Do you expect them to sit there and take it up the ass???  

Present a real argument and then propose a real solution.  Otherwise, go back to the 1990's, sip an iced coffee, take a drag off a Parliament Lite and hate corporations with the rest of the GenX losers that still live in their parents basement.

/s/

Sugar Dick

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »

tell me again why our poor oil companies need huge tax breaks for exploration and R&D, basically stealing tax dollars from US Americans by deferment, when they are making record profits during this wonderful recession?

You don't think they should be able to deduct their expense for exploration and R&D?  Business expenses are "huge tax breaks"?  Should oil companies pay higher income tax rates than other businesses?

Guess what moron.  The World uses a fuckton of oil.  Oil companies are making a fuckton of profit because everyone in the world needs their rough ridin' product and is paying a lot more for it than costs to produce.  It's a pretty simple concept. 

How much money would the US save if we got rid of all these "tax breaks"(i.e. monkey with the depreciation schedule).  Per dumbfuck Obama about $50B over 10 years.  Basically the amount of money the Fed Govt. spends in 3-4 days.  The anti-oil talking point is almost as tired as the anti-corporation (but not anti-business amirite???) talking point.  Get your rough ridin' facts straight and your head out of the sand.  The last thing this world needs is liberal lemming clouding up the real problems with these phony issues.

If the oil companies were unionized (not sure they aren't) would this make their venture better?  What if instead of making lots of money, they lost a ton (like GM), would this make them a more 'merican company?  JFC you are a mindless idiot

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »

Fact:  Exxon Mobil pays almost $1,000,000 of income taxes per hour, $22,000,000 per day.  Source:  Exxon Mobile 10-Q for first quarter 2011.

You obviously have a computer, learn how to use it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 04:50:29 PM »

yeah, no...

you probably think the stimulus was a Republican/Democrat issue.  :users:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »

yeah, no...

you probably think the stimulus was a Republican/Democrat issue.  :users:

Definitely more of an issue for the puppet masters...Rothschild, JP Morgans, the FED, etc. 100 years ago when the banks got together to form the worlds largest banking cartel they knew the system may someday fail, and designed it so the taxpayers would foot the bill. Those bastards  :shakesfist:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 12:02:23 AM »
Strange, Obama sure seems to love one particular evil MNC and they are considered the premier tax avoidance corporation in the world.   With an accounting/finance department that would put the very best tax shelter consultants et. al. to shame.