Author Topic: How would you respond? Dude gets 8 year old kid drunk.  (Read 17546 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How would you respond? Dude get's 8 year old kid drunk.
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 11:10:58 PM »
Ask "Susan" questions about the incident that progressively reveal more details. Like "Have you noticed your kids ever acting strange? Like after they hang out with (insert douchebag's name here)? Like they throw up? And their breath smells like alcohol?" If she answers yes to them, then let her know what you've been told.

I have no sympathy for anyone who would mistreat a child. I would call it in right away without any proof, but if the mom somehow gets blamed and the kids end up without any parent, then they're worse off than before (IMO). Tough situation.

The mom is to blame.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
Gotta assume foster care is better than abusive parents, least the courts generally see it that way.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
Gotta assume foster care is better than abusive parents, least the courts generally see it that way.

My wife and I are going through classes right now to be foster parents. Foster kids go through some messed up crap. Hard to say what's best for these kids. It takes a lot of strikes for parents to lose their rights to their kids, so I'm sure this one incident won't be enough for "Susan" to lose her rights to her kids.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
good foster parents could be the best people in the world.  I cannot respect someone more than that.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »
If the dude is forcing a kid to chug everclear, I would assume there are quite a few other things going on in that household that would accrue the mother points.  Also-  if both folks get arrested, wouldn't that force the agencies to look awful hard at their competence?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 11:22:25 PM »
good foster parents could be the best people in the world.  I cannot respect someone more than that.

Keyword. The more stories I hear, the more uncommon I think it is. I know that horror stories are the ones that people are most likely to hear, but in the classes it seems like that's ALL we hear. Pretty sad what goes on in some foster parents' houses.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 11:23:57 PM »

My wife and I are going through classes right now to be foster parents. Foster kids go through some messed up crap. Hard to say what's best for these kids. It takes a lot of strikes for parents to lose their rights to their kids, so I'm sure this one incident won't be enough for "Susan" to lose her rights to her kids.

Susan leaves her kids with a juggalo and his everclear holster.  This incident is just a symptom of her horrible parenting.

In one of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed, I went to a town hall meeting of sorts a week or so ago regarding potential reform of the way resources are allocated in the judicial system, i.e. should some small county courts be consolidated or downsized so more can go to big county courts.  Pretty simple topic.  Of the 40 people attending, only 3 understood that.  The rest thought it was a place to bitch about stuff, and a dozen were there to bitch about the system taking their kids away.  It was all I could do to announce without subtlety that the system must be working because they all deserved to have their kids taken.  Instead, I said it with subtlety.  All of those peoples' kids are much better off being raised by a foster parent, especially a foster parent who's also a goEMAW'r.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 11:25:52 PM »
Another tidbit, they both admittedly smoke the ganja routinely.  Not that that is a bad thing itself but paired with getting kids drunk, being juggalos, etc., it seems a bit more menacing.  I don't really want to get involved, but I feel like I'm in the backseat of a limo with Brandt telling me, "there lives are in your hands dude."
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 11:27:38 PM »

Susan leaves her kids with a juggalo and his everclear holster.  This incident is just a symptom of her horrible parenting.

In one of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed, I went to a town hall meeting of sorts a week or so ago regarding potential reform of the way resources are allocated in the judicial system, i.e. should some small county courts be consolidated or downsized so more can go to big county courts.  Pretty simple topic.  Of the 40 people attending, only 3 understood that.  The rest thought it was a place to bitch about stuff, and a dozen were there to bitch about the system taking their kids away.  It was all I could do to announce without subtlety that the system must be working because they all deserved to have their kids taken.  Instead, I said it with subtlety.  All of those peoples' kids are much better off being raised by a foster parent, especially a foster parent who's also a goEMAW'r.

true.  Also, "Susan" is a juggolette.  I'm not even sure if that is a word.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 11:27:48 PM »
Another tidbit, they both admittedly smoke the ganja routinely.  Not that that is a bad thing itself but paired with getting kids drunk, being juggalos, etc., it seems a bit more menacing.  I don't really want to get involved, but I feel like I'm in the backseat of a limo with Brandt telling me, "there lives are in your hands dude."

notify the authorities anonymously.  unless you are bff with this loser he is telling more people than just you of his juggalo conquests.  

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 11:30:09 PM »

notify the authorities anonymously.  unless you are bff with this loser he is telling more people than just you of his juggalo conquests.  

haha, believe me, I don't hang out with anyone from my work.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »

From what I understand, a sibling set would be difficult to place. Going even a short time without parents can lead to Attachment Disorder, ADHD, and overall rebellion. Obviously I'm okay with the foster care system, because I'm supporting it in a way. But at an early age, skipping around from family to family can really damage a kid. Adoption is a much better solution than saying "well, we're going to let your kids live with 3 different families over the time it takes for you to show that you will improve your parenting skills." But from the cases we've studied, this incident would not lead to adoption. It seems like "Susan" needs a stern talking to, and then needs to be monitored closely. Not sure what else could be done at this point that would benefit the kids more.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »
Did you not confront him about his mumped up behavior at work because you wanted to get more evidence to give to the authorities or do you just not like conflict?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »
Sounds like the system is mumped up.  If you have to wonder if the kids are better off getting juggalo'd/evercleared or being placed in a foster home...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 11:37:13 PM »
Not sure what else could be done at this point that would benefit the kids more.

Prevent them from getting drunk, high, or face-painted ASAP.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
Sounds like the system is mumped up.  If you have to wonder if the kids are better off getting juggalo'd/evercleared or being placed in a foster home...

if it were that simple goEMAW would be president and we'd all be drinking rainbows for breakfast

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
Not sure what else could be done at this point that would benefit the kids more.

Prevent them from getting drunk, high, or face-painted ASAP.

lol. Touche.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 11:43:48 PM »
Maybe it's the beers I've been drinking but I believe this is the most responsible thread (outside of the BBBS thread) that I've seen on this board.  Knock it off, you damn tucks.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
nicname, just post or pm some minimally identifying information and we'll e-mail a link to this thread to SRS.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »
Oh yeah, just remembered that the chick is prego and was talking about getting high after work last night.  She then went on to say that when prego ladies smoke weed that their kids are born smarter.  

I think I'm actually going to call this in.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2011, 11:46:24 PM »
Oh yeah, just remembered that the chick is prego and was talking about getting high after work last night.  She then went on to say that when prego ladies smoke weed that their kids are born smarter. 

We still need stevesie to decide if the isolated everclear incident perpetrated by the boyfriend is enough.  :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
nicname, just post or pm some minimally identifying information and we'll e-mail a link to this thread to SRS.

^

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:25 PM »
Oh yeah, just remembered that the chick is prego and was talking about getting high after work last night.  She then went on to say that when prego ladies smoke weed that their kids are born smarter.  

I typically don't have a problem with pot smoking, but jesus christ...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2011, 11:48:49 PM »
Oh yeah, just remembered that the chick is prego and was talking about getting high after work last night.  She then went on to say that when prego ladies smoke weed that their kids are born smarter. 

We still need stevesie to decide if the isolated everclear incident perpetrated by the boyfriend is enough.  :lol:

:dubious:

I didn't say I didn't think the isolated incident was enough to call in, I just don't think it's enough to get a response from the SRS. Obviously you would know more than me at this point, I'm only 2 classes in. But doing drugs during pregnancy is pretty easy to prove. Someone call this in. No jokes.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
Dammit, I'm going to have to start locking my doors at night.