Author Topic: taking your vehicle in to get oil changed  (Read 7752 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: taking your vehicle in to get oil changed
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
That doesn't sound very heart healthy.

Maybe the cookies are made out of vegetables.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2015, 04:06:18 PM »
if you think getting your oil changed is hard work try getting someone to give you a fair price on a broken back right window that wont roll down!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2015, 04:07:36 PM »
Full disclosure, I used to always change my own oil.  Now, I can't buy the oil and filters for what that place will change it for.  Plus I can BBS my ass off while they are working on it.  :emawkid:
@mikec2w

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
Full disclosure, I used to always change my own oil.  Now, I can't buy the oil and filters for what that place will change it for.  Plus I can BBS my ass off while they are working on it.  :emawkid:
Same here, Xoco!  Now I go to the dealer real early and try to make it to work on time, but they are always real slow and make me late anyway.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2015, 04:20:49 PM »

This.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »
if you think getting your oil changed is hard work try getting someone to give you a fair price on a broken back right window that wont roll down!

Can you do that yourself? My interior door handle busted a few months ago. I saved about $150 in labor just fixing it myself. There's a youtube video out there for pretty much any repair. The toughest part was just removing the interior door panel (those little plastic clips suck to remove without breaking).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2015, 04:44:54 PM »
that broken back passenger window on the 5-series is one of my favorite jokes on here

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
My uncle last Thanksgiving:  Yeeeeeeep. I haven't changed my oil in about five years. I just change the filter every three months. Oil doesn't go bad. It will lubricate forever. You just have to keep it clean.

I go to this place called Oil Express. They say 10 minutes and they rough ridin' mean it. I go there when I'm driving by and see there's no wait. I like it because I don't need to spend more than 10 minutes dealing with that crap.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2015, 05:27:12 PM »
My uncle last Thanksgiving:  Yeeeeeeep. I haven't changed my oil in about five years. I just change the filter every three months. Oil doesn't go bad. It will lubricate forever. You just have to keep it clean.

I go to this place called Oil Express. They say 10 minutes and they rough ridin' mean it. I go there when I'm driving by and see there's no wait. I like it because I don't need to spend more than 10 minutes dealing with that crap.

I mean evaporation though, right?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

I mean evaporation though, right?

He did also say something about topping it off, I believe.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2015, 12:33:15 AM »

i am your uncle.  also, my last car was left abandoned at the on-ramp to the lion's den sex shop at about midnight on super bowl sunday 2014 and then i just bought a new one

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »

i am your uncle.  also, my last car was left abandoned at the on-ramp to the lion's den sex shop at about midnight on super bowl sunday 2014 and then i just bought a new one

Pretty lucky that you were pretty much right at your house when it died.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »
:lol:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »
I've spoken with him, he said he'd look into it and call me back. He didn't. I called again today requesting that he do so.
anything come of this?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »
i only change my oil about once a year. but its continually being refreshed because the hellantra eats a quart every three months or so

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
 :th_twocents:

Farm life is slightly different, so I changed the oil on anything and everything growing up. But in KC I don't have a driveway or an easy way to dispose of the used oil & filter properly. And I'm not dumping it on the ground like every farmer has done for 50 years. Fry's in OP does it for $20 w/ a coupon.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »

Can you do that yourself? My interior door handle busted a few months ago. I saved about $150 in labor just fixing it myself. There's a youtube video out there for pretty much any repair. The toughest part was just removing the interior door panel (those little plastic clips suck to remove without breaking).

its a bmw bro. im not doing it myself.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.