Author Topic: meat goat facility  (Read 37636 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
meat goat facility
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:25:29 PM »
Quote from:  email I got
Can't post this in the subject line because I don't want lurkers to see it, it's THAT bad. Will K-State be moving the sheep and cow pens further North and further away from the football stadium? I respect agriculture and drive by them almost daily but I don't want them near our athletic complexes.

They recently received bids for the new sheep and meat goat facility and should start construction soon. It is located the same spot as the existing one, across form the fire station.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: meat goat facility
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »
Quote from:  email I got
Can't post this in the subject line because I don't want lurkers to see it, it's THAT bad. Will K-State be moving the sheep and cow pens further North and further away from the football stadium? I respect agriculture and drive by them almost daily but I don't want them near our athletic complexes.

They recently received bids for the new sheep and meat goat facility and should start construction soon. It is located the same spot as the existing one, across form the fire station.

When I think meat, I think goat.

Will we have a facility used for the goats raised exclusively for wedding doweries?  Or is that already Alpha Chi Omega?  I couldn't ever tell.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »
it's like the ku track...we will always have this

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »
Meat goat...the other white Spam.  :lick:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 12:07:27 AM »
That seriously sounds like something Earle from the Squidbillies would say.  Cracks my crap up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:02:23 AM »
 :emawkid:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:42:50 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »
I LOVE the fact that the agricultural aspect of our heritage and mission is on display.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »
It's fantastic.   Nothing appeals to urban recruits like goats and sheep a block away from the football stadium.   

Albeit the new goat facility is being built farther North up Denison. 

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:38:13 AM »
Yep, they already broke ground on the new one further away from the stadium. As for the North Farm however, there is not a lot of suitable land in the area so that cannot move further north. Plus, that area give great tailgaiting spots that funds student scholarships.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 09:15:22 AM »
Embrase it, folks.  Ask any farmer, that's the smell of money.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
Yep, they already broke ground on the new one further away from the stadium. As for the North Farm however, there is not a lot of suitable land in the area so that cannot move further north. Plus, that area give great tailgaiting spots that funds student scholarships.

What area is the "north farm"?  That's not the land right across the street from Vanier that OB has his eye on for a new practice complex is it?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
If I'm a top sciencey guy or D.C. dignitary flying into MHK and arriving by private limousine to the NBAF, nothing really says amazing first impression to a big time research institution like a goat meat farm.  

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:42:39 AM by wabash909 »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »

They're goats.  They eat tin cans.  You could put them in the middle of a god damn rock quarry, and it would be suitable.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
The western world really underrates goat as a meat, IMO.  Mmm.  May sound weird if you haven't tried it, but it's good stuff.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
If I'm a top sciencey guy or D.C. dignitary flying into MHK and arriving by private limousine to the NBAF, nothing really says amazing first impression to a big time research institution like a goat meat farm.  

I thought they were studying zoonotic diseases??? The goats are there to signal outbreaks.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »
Well, I read the release on the new goat thingy and they claim it is a self supporting enterprise. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
The house they built looks really nice.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »

I thought they were studying zoonotic diseases??? The goats are there to signal outbreaks.

Or to feed the T-Rexes.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »

They're goats.  They eat tin cans.  You could put them in the middle of a god damn rock quarry, and it would be suitable.

Don't be fooled by their tasty meat.  If there's one thing the petting zoo at Diana Rose has taught me is that these hateful animals will turn on you.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »
Might as well embrace it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
meat goat doesn't just appear out of the air, you have to make it somehow.  it's up to k-state to figure out how to rough ridin' do that. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »
meat goat doesn't just appear out of the air, you have to make it somehow.  it's up to k-state to figure out how to rough ridin' do that. 

So true, and frankly the closer that is all done to a place where we entertain numerous urban oriented college bound youngsters the better.   They'll learn to embrace it as well.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »

Don't tell that to someone from Lawrencetucky. They think all food just shows up with out being grown or raised on farms

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 11:18:37 PM »

If KSU can pull this off it will solve the world's hunger problems, and possibly cancer.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »
Those decaying animal feces are the sweet stench of progress.  And money for farmers.  Embrace it.