Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356349 times)

Kid In the Hall, kitten_mittons (+ 1 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: travel thread
« Reply #2525 on: September 30, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
Went to Manhattan, Lawrence, and Kansas City this past weekend. Had fun.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 30, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »
rus' smoked that hotel fanningbrag out and crushed it

yeah, the trip sounds a lot more pud now
It's what my Senior Exec told me you guys. :dunno:
looks like the salesmen got sold.. boom. roasted

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2527 on: September 30, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »
Making the rounds in Denver area this week. Any must eat joints in Denver? I need a good spot for tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm planning on lunch in Breckenridge on Wednesday. Eating in Buena Vista on Thursday. Not boozing hard this trip as I'm doing a lot of early morning hiking. Maybe a couple of pints at Breck Brew.

Blue Sushi
Hmm. Hadn't considered sushi there. I love sushi. I'd been searching for tex-mex and steak. Thanks.

for steak the denver chophouse and brewery by the baseball stadium is pretty good.
Thank you.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2528 on: September 30, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »
Making the rounds in Denver area this week. Any must eat joints in Denver? I need a good spot for tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm planning on lunch in Breckenridge on Wednesday. Eating in Buena Vista on Thursday. Not boozing hard this trip as I'm doing a lot of early morning hiking. Maybe a couple of pints at Breck Brew.

UNCLE (asian, steamed pork buns and the like) is good in Denver.  Euclid hall has a good beer list and interesting menu (Pad thai pigs ears/blood sausage, which are both great). Cholon is also pretty good, similar to UNCLE.  More fine dining ish and thus more expensive. 

Breck doesn't have a whole lot that blows me away from my time there.  Twist was good.  Cajun place in Frisco is good.  Butterhorn Bakery is good for breakfast/lunch and a bloody.  Mountain Lion Café in Silverthorne is good for a huge ass breakfast without booze.
Thank you for the Denver recs. I was just going to have a bison burger at Breck Brew with a nice ipa after hiking. I like low key lunches.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 30, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »
Hi guys! Work is sending me up to Michigan tomorrow. I'll fly into Grand Rapids and drive over to Holland for the night. I'll be staying in the Marriott right off Lake Michigan. :D After my meeting Wednesday morning I drive to Kalamazoo for lunch with a client. Any Western Michigan suggestos?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/08/welcome-to-holland/278563/

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2530 on: September 30, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
Hi guys! Work is sending me up to Michigan tomorrow. I'll fly into Grand Rapids and drive over to Holland for the night. I'll be staying in the Marriott right off Lake Michigan. :D After my meeting Wednesday morning I drive to Kalamazoo for lunch with a client. Any Western Michigan suggestos?

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/08/welcome-to-holland/278563/

Tell my relatives in Grand Rapids hello!

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 30, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »

we had a great dinner at Rioja.   Also had very good sushi at SushiDen.    Was underwhelmed by Biker Jim's.   Snooze for great pancakes.  Hear very good things about Pinches Tacos, but didn't make it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 30, 2013, 05:15:15 PM »

we had a great dinner at Rioja.   Also had very good sushi at SushiDen.    Was underwhelmed by Biker Jim's.   Snooze for great pancakes.  Hear very good things about Pinches Tacos, but didn't make it.

SushiDen is supposed to be amazing, but I haven't made it yet.  Snooze is the closest I've come to the Chef.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 30, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »
Went to Chicago last weekend.  On Sunday I got an unexpected call from rschmidt_md who also happened to be in town, so I met up with him and some other EMAWs for bloody mary's and other libations at the Chiefs bar to watch the game.  Was a delightful trip.
:adios:

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 30, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
Making the rounds in Denver area this week. Any must eat joints in Denver?
The burger at Casa Bonita

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2535 on: October 01, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »
Making the rounds in Denver area this week. Any must eat joints in Denver?
The burger at Casa Bonita
I had the Ultimate Burger at Ryan's Sports Grill in Fort Collins with sweet potato tots and a pint of Odell's IPA. Great food. Nothing fancy about the place. I had to eat before my choice restaurant was open for the day.

Tacos or sushi this afternoon in Denver. I'm undecided. Pinche sounds interesting.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »
walking micro brew tour and just get completely wrecked. wynkoop, great divide, breck, falling rock tap house. just go bananas and don't do whatever the other stuff you were going to do was.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2537 on: October 01, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »
walking micro brew tour and just get completely wrecked. wynkoop, great divide, breck, falling rock tap house. just go bananas and don't do whatever the other stuff you were going to do was.
Ha! Great plan except I need to work at 5pm in Eagle. Hmm. Buzzed mountain driving followed by three hours of hvac tech training.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 01, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
Vacation is officially here

I will be sure to post plenty of pics and info of Portugal in this thread when I get back because to be frank, you guys suck at Portugal and were no help in planning my vacation

Talk to you guys next week some time

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 01, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »
Alex you go girl

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
alex.  the man

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 01, 2013, 10:42:16 AM »

I will be sure to post plenty of pics and info of Portugal in this thread when I get back because to be frank, you guys suck at Portugal and were no help in planning my vacation

In a couple weeks I'm traveling to see Portugal. The Man. Pretty exciting stuff, eh Alex?
:adios:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2542 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »
Stellar running and hiking weather this morning. Awesome views from Arthur's Rock in Lory State Park.

Heading to Denver for a late lunch. Thanks for the dining tips.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 01, 2013, 11:50:08 AM »
Stellar running and hiking weather this morning. Awesome views from Arthur's Rock in Lory State Park.

if you get time the New Belgium tour in Ft. Collins is a great tour.    Show up without tickets if sold out, you will get in.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: October 01, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »
alex.  the man

Tobias. The fabulous poster

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 01, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »

In a couple weeks I'm traveling to see Portugal. The Man. Pretty exciting stuff, eh Alex?

ACL this weekend for ol mocat!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2546 on: October 01, 2013, 12:13:26 PM »

if you get time the New Belgium tour in Ft. Collins is a great tour.    Show up without tickets if sold out, you will get in.
It's on the next trip list. I love New Belgium beer.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 01, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »
Taking recommendations for an isolated carry-onable suitcase.  The small one that's part of the cheap set I got from BB&B is in rough shape.  Needed for upcoming 3-day trip to a 10m pocket planes town.

OK, I'm looking for one that is too big to be carried on but isn't one of the gigantic ones that has to be half empty to get under 50 pounds. Something suitable for a 2 week trip with 4 or 5 destinations. I have done it with my gigantic suitcase but it's a pain in the ass and all the pro travelers make fun.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: October 01, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »
Taking recommendations for an isolated carry-onable suitcase.  The small one that's part of the cheap set I got from BB&B is in rough shape.  Needed for upcoming 3-day trip to a 10m pocket planes town.

OK, I'm looking for one that is too big to be carried on but isn't one of the gigantic ones that has to be half empty to get under 50 pounds. Something suitable for a 2 week trip with 4 or 5 destinations. I have done it with my gigantic suitcase but it's a pain in the ass and all the pro travelers make fun.

In case you were wondering, this is definitely a fanningbrag and I would be using this on my 787 trip. :driving:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: October 01, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
go with the rimowa topas titanium 27" trolley multiwheel

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.