Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357663 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #2125 on: July 15, 2013, 07:47:14 AM »
This thread is so pud compared to Skinny Benny's

I stopped reading that one pretty really because skinny benny. Recap?

same, but no recap required.  tia.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 15, 2013, 10:22:15 AM »
The plane i was riding had an engine fail. Had never had that happen before. The girl behind me was freaking out, crying, repeating, "i can't do this" over and over again. Really didn't seem like it was that big of a deal to the pilots.  :dunno:

It really comes down to how many engines you have. Sd dad used to radio ahead to townie airports we were flying to and tell them to clear the runway because we were coming in one one engine and then land our single engine Beechcraft.

:horrorsurprise:

luckily we had two engines. i believe it was a Q400. twin prop, which made it a little crazy to see it not working.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 15, 2013, 10:24:01 AM »
The plane i was riding had an engine fail. Had never had that happen before. The girl behind me was freaking out, crying, repeating, "i can't do this" over and over again. Really didn't seem like it was that big of a deal to the pilots.  :dunno:

It really comes down to how many engines you have. Sd dad used to radio ahead to townie airports we were flying to and tell them to clear the runway because we were coming in one one engine and then land our single engine Beechcraft.

:lol: 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 16, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »
Chicago in late september with Mrs. for our anniversary. Hotel recommendos? Thinking of doing Hyatt place/River North for 15k points a night.

park hyatt

Park Hyatt is 22k a night but $297 a night if you pay cash and Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is 15k a night but $399 a night in cash.  :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 16, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
Chicago in late september with Mrs. for our anniversary. Hotel recommendos? Thinking of doing Hyatt place/River North for 15k points a night.

park hyatt

Park Hyatt is 22k a night but $297 a night if you pay cash and Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is 15k a night but $399 a night in cash.  :dunno:

the hyatt mag mile is a POS and you shouldn't stay there. they just took it over from like ramada or something and it needs a lot of updating. the hyatt just south of the river is fine. just a nice plain hotel. I would honestly just pay that and stay at the park hyatt though.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: July 16, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

park hyatt

the hyatt mag mile is a POS and you shouldn't stay there. they just took it over from like ramada or something and it needs a lot of updating. the hyatt just south of the river is fine. just a nice plain hotel. I would honestly just pay that and stay at the park hyatt though.

25 million $ remodel in May 2013, yet I'm inclined to trust SD on this one. Thanks bros.  :thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 16, 2013, 03:02:03 PM »
the fairmont chicago millennium park is pretty nice, was surprised

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »
Looking for good ideas on things to do in La Cygne, Ks

Will be spending 3 days there and need to pass the time

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #2133 on: July 16, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »

Oh man. Find a pond and get hammered

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 16, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »

Oh man. Find a pond and get hammered

That is plan a & b, was looking for c

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 16, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
Sounds like a made up place.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 16, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 17, 2013, 08:09:22 AM »
Is there a more herp derpy airplane than an airplane headed for Orlando?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 17, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »

if it was not a Southwest airplane headed for Orlando then a Southwest airplane headed for Orlando would be my answer. Also a flight to Vegas from Phoenix is pretty hilariously full of people I would just not enjoy being friends with. this is a good topic of conversation imo.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 17, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »

You're completely mumped.

If you'd like to be useful though get up super early and tell me if you hear any quail calling.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: July 17, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »

if it was not a Southwest airplane headed for Orlando then a Southwest airplane headed for Orlando would be my answer. Also a flight to Vegas from Phoenix is pretty hilariously full of people I would just not enjoy being friends with. this is a good topic of conversation imo.

Yeah as soon as I posted that I thought welp at least its not SW

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »
But especially when you are in first class you get about 2 seconds to observe each person that herps and derps his or her way past you. Pretty entertaining in itself

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
But especially when you are in first class you get about 2 seconds to observe each person that herps and derps his or her way past you. Pretty entertaining in itself

yeah, that's pretty ideal actually. you'll occasionally get the family that plops down in 1st because they've only ever flown SW and then you feel bad when the flight attendant tells them to move to the back row where their seats are but then you quit feeling bad and start enjoying it when they make a stink about it and demand that they stay there because they will get sick in the back or some other bullshit.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 17, 2013, 10:25:40 AM »

my dad is a pilot too sd.  our dads would be, like, best friends.   :D
emaw

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: July 17, 2013, 11:34:48 AM »

my dad is a pilot too sd.  our dads would be, like, best friends.   :D

My dad would love to be included on any future dad pilot dates.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: July 17, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »

yeah, that's pretty ideal actually. you'll occasionally get the family that plops down in 1st because they've only ever flown SW and then you feel bad when the flight attendant tells them to move to the back row where their seats are but then you quit feeling bad and start enjoying it when they make a stink about it and demand that they stay there because they will get sick in the back or some other bullshit.

This exchange took place today:

Little kid: where do we sit?
Mom: well I think we can just sit anywhere

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 17, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »
when flying southwest (bp A1/A2), it's fun to jam your carry on into the overhead above the 2nd row and sit in the first and then watch person after person try to sit there only to be mushed by the stewardess when she tells them they can't stow their bag/purse/carry on.  anyone with decent boarding passes has already found a seat they want and chowed through the front overheads so dumbass gets up and goes to back of plane b/c they don't want to sit at the front and have their crap in the back.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 17, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »

You're completely mumped.

If you'd like to be useful though get up super early and tell me if you hear any quail calling.

:love: wildlife

You just made my mini vacation

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 17, 2013, 12:39:03 PM »
when flying southwest (bp A1/A2), it's fun to jam your carry on into the overhead above the 2nd row and sit in the first and then watch person after person try to sit there only to be mushed by the stewardess when she tells them they can't stow their bag/purse/carry on.  anyone with decent boarding passes has already found a seat they want and chowed through the front overheads so dumbass gets up and goes to back of plane b/c they don't want to sit at the front and have their crap in the back.

I like coming in at like A40 or so and making the guy in row 2 alone in the aisle seat with his blazer on the middle seat (in hopes no one sits next to him) get up and take the window seat.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 17, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »

park hyatt

the mariott mag mile was pretty nice. we stayed there over the fourth for $200/night. worth looking at...  :dunno:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.