Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357053 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #1425 on: March 01, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »
Like a million divided by zero (90% southwest). I can't hang in the credit card thread.

you know you can get SW points though right? I'm kind of feeling sick to my stomach thinking about you not getting all these points bro.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
Like a million divided by zero (90% southwest). I can't hang in the credit card thread.

you know you can get SW points though right? I'm kind of feeling sick to my stomach thinking about you not getting all these points bro.

Oh crap yeah I have like more points than I know what to do with, just not miles. Southwest is about to start flying to PR soon and I think I'll pop that cherry.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »

Oh crap yeah I have like more points than I know what to do with, just not miles. Southwest is about to start flying to PR soon and I think I'll pop that cherry.

PRpak with applejack, jw and rick daris? would do. plus we don't even have to wait. transfer those sw credits over to airtran and we can all book this weekend.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »
i don't really use SW much; what's the difference between SW points and SW miles?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 01, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »
i don't really use SW much; what's the difference between SW points and SW miles?

nothing, just different words. I use the term "miles" pretty loosely. I'll throw it out there for hotel points interchangeably sometimes.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 01, 2013, 02:08:47 PM »

PRpak with applejack, jw and rick daris? would do. plus we don't even have to wait. transfer those sw credits over to airtran and we can all book this weekend.

:driving:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 01, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
Do the Air & Space Museum.  (If you are into that sort of thing.)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Flight delayed 4 hours on a Friday. >:(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 01, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »
Flight delayed 4 hours on a Friday. >:(

getting pak'd at airports > getting pak'd anywhere else. congrats bro!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:10 PM »
one time i got so pad'd at a bar in Logan that i slept the whole flight and when i woke up in kci at like 10 pm i was incredibly hung over and disoriented and my night was ruined. point being it was totally worth it and i totally recommend it cfod  :thumbs:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 01, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
one time i got so pad'd at a bar in Logan that i slept the whole flight and when i woke up in kci at like 10 pm i was incredibly hung over and disoriented and my night was ruined. point being it was totally worth it and i totally recommend it cfod  :thumbs:

Ha, this is what always happens to me (only I can't sleep because I have to pee a lot on the flight). At least now that I'm where I am now I never have to drive home.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 01, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
I like the Natural History Smithsonian the best. Dinosaur bones and giant jewels.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 01, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
I like the Natural History Smithsonian the best. Dinosaur bones and giant jewels.

Sold

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 01, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »
I'm eyeing that bottle of Crown at Barista Express.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 02, 2013, 08:55:22 AM »
Air & Space museum is by far the best IMHO, but takes a whole day (as do all the smithsonians to see them decently).

Unless you are getting paid to go to DC, I wouldn't waste the money on a 2 day trip....you'll spend half a day in cabs trying to get places.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »
American History you weirdos.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #1442 on: March 02, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
American History you weirdos.

yeah, there's crazy stuff there you can't see anywhere else. All the others are very good, but not particularly unique.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 02, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »
Air & Space museum is by far the best IMHO, but takes a whole day (as do all the smithsonians to see them decently).

Unless you are getting paid to go to DC, I wouldn't waste the money on a 2 day trip....you'll spend half a day in cabs trying to get places.

I don't think I ever saw the Air & Space because I grew up in Hutch.  In Hutch, you are raised to believe the Cosmosphere is better.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 02, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »
last summer a lady that works in my office drove to DC with her husband and kids for a long weekend. kinda seemed weird to drive (18 hours) that far for just a couple days but whatever. I later found out they didn't have reservations or really any plans. they said they just stopped for the evening at some motel when they got tired of driving. I think they essentially drove around DC for a day looking for something to do and then turned around and drove the 18 hours back.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 02, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
I also really enjoy the National Archives. There's also a Spy Museum in D.C. which is fun, but not free. Also, not on the National Mall.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 02, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
last summer a lady that works in my office drove to DC with her husband and kids for a long weekend. kinda seemed weird to drive (18 hours) that far for just a couple days but whatever. I later found out they didn't have reservations or really any plans. they said they just stopped for the evening at some motel when they got tired of driving. I think they essentially drove around DC for a day looking for something to do and then turned around and drove the 18 hours back.

nebraskans gonna nebraska
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 02, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »

nebraskans gonna nebraska

she also told me that was their first vacation going further than KC in over a decade. I felt sorry for her but she probably makes decent money so I don't know what her deal is.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 02, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
travel just isn't important to some people i guess.  i don't understand those people at all.  i have a little saying that goes "travel is the only thing you pay for that makes you richer."  mull on that for a while.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 02, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
travel just isn't important to some people i guess.  i don't understand those people at all.  i have a little saying that goes "travel is the only thing you pay for that makes you richer."  mull on that for a while.

that's a great thing to say dlew and I am going to start saying it.