Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1334952 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #825 on: July 20, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
I'm currently in and have been in Nosara, Costa Rica for the last week. Anyone ever been here before? Legendary surfing, but I'm here on a yoga retreat. NW corner of Costa Rica.

Hotter and humider than crap here. I guess it kinda feels like Kansas does right now. Howler Monkeys and giant spiders are very common around these parts.

that's a pretty elite stop and drop from lefty
especially when he threw that yoga retreat crap in there

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 20, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
I'm currently in and have been in Nosara, Costa Rica for the last week. Anyone ever been here before? Legendary surfing, but I'm here on a yoga retreat. NW corner of Costa Rica.

Hotter and humider than crap here. I guess it kinda feels like Kansas does right now. Howler Monkeys and giant spiders are very common around these parts.

Extremely good-looking/smelling person outed

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #827 on: July 20, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
I would like to know more about what happens at a yoga retreat.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 20, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
I'm blessed to have a wife who doubles as a Yoga studio owner. She put together an all inclusive trip to a resort where Yoga is the emphasis. There's a few resorts like this around the World and we chose Blue Spirit in Nosara. We brought 25 people here so the staff and locals love us. There's only about 40 people staying here all together. THe other group is a yoga teacher training group out of LA.

We do Yoga first thing in morning and another class in the evening before dinner. In between is lounge around time. I surf now. Got a 10 minute lesson from a local Tica named Nelson. Spent the last couple days on the surf board doing my thing.

The resort is on a massive beach side property, but the grounds are almost like a rain forest. Howler monkeys are walking around above you at all times. Huge ass spiders and tons of little geckos are very common.

Highly recommend Nosara for a week getaway. MHK-Dallas-Liberia Costa Rica airport= 5 hour total.
elitist since 1994

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 20, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: travel thread
« Reply #830 on: July 20, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
Lefty just dropping bombs on everyone's heads. 

Yeah, over the course of two posts, he went from ok poster to Elite tropical yoga retreat wife poster.

Pretty remarkable, really.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #831 on: July 20, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »
wouldnt at all be surprised to find out hes the #1 mys-flyer in pocket planes at this point

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 20, 2012, 06:20:26 PM »
well, i booked in ocean beach, but i think i'm going to cancel and book in/on pacific beach.  i dunno guys, i just don't know

Probably better off in Pacific Beach. Ocean Beach is like a 60's time warp full of Rastafarian looking hippies, which is cool for a few hours. Mostly run down hotels and strong urine odors everywhere. Pacific Beach is mostly SDSU students/tourists and lots of bars/restaurants/hotels. Beaches are nice. Short bus trip up to La Jolla if you don't have a car. If the beaches are too full in PB, go to La Jolla shores. You can walk north up the beach to Torrey Pines state beach/Blacks beach where it is much less crowded. Blacks beach is clothing optional, but most of the people there you would rather they had there clothes on.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 20, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »
Minneapolis for a bachelor party in August=  :flush:

San Diego for the Chiefs game and to see an old friend in October.

Any suggestions on either?

Look into hotels on Hotel Circle North, like the Town & Country resort. Much cheaper than downtown hotels, but they are right on the trolly line, so you can go downtown to Gaslamp and also right to the stadium parking lot for a couple of bucks.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 24, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
My plane just landed and their is an adorable little fawn on it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 25, 2012, 09:37:36 AM »
Work is giving us a free day on Sunday (<--Muslim Monday), so the wife and I booked a last minute trip here for a 3-day weekend: http://sharmelsheikh.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-sharmelsheikh-regency/index.jsp?src=phd_ppc_google_hr&mckv=s6BRklpAU%7Cpcrid%7C12632095883%7C&hyattprop=yes

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 25, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
oh man what?  that place looks like a great place to king tut the living crap out of your fellow visitors.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #837 on: July 25, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
All the eqypt hyatts are basically free on either points or cash.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 25, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
 :surprised: :surprised: Lefty.... I think I definitely know you and your wife
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:49:59 AM by yoga-like_abana »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 25, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »

Now, see, I don't even know what that means. Other than that they're cheap right now? Which they are (thanks, Revolution/terrorist types :cheers: ).
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 25, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »

Now, see, I don't even know what that means. Other than that they're cheap right now? Which they are (thanks, Revolution/terrorist types :cheers: ).

always super cheap.  they are also the lowest tier properties on hyatt points so you can booke them for like 5k-8k points a night normally. 

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 25, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »
I'm blessed to have a wife who doubles as a Yoga studio owner. She put together an all inclusive trip to a resort where Yoga is the emphasis. There's a few resorts like this around the World and we chose Blue Spirit in Nosara. We brought 25 people here so the staff and locals love us. There's only about 40 people staying here all together. THe other group is a yoga teacher training group out of LA.

We do Yoga first thing in morning and another class in the evening before dinner. In between is lounge around time. I surf now. Got a 10 minute lesson from a local Tica named Nelson. Spent the last couple days on the surf board doing my thing.

The resort is on a massive beach side property, but the grounds are almost like a rain forest. Howler monkeys are walking around above you at all times. Huge ass spiders and tons of little geckos are very common.

Highly recommend Nosara for a week getaway. MHK-Dallas-Liberia Costa Rica airport= 5 hour total.
:dubious:

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 25, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
Work is giving us a free day on Sunday (<--Muslim Monday), so the wife and I booked a last minute trip here for a 3-day weekend: http://sharmelsheikh.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-sharmelsheikh-regency/index.jsp?src=phd_ppc_google_hr&mckv=s6BRklpAU%7Cpcrid%7C12632095883%7C&hyattprop=yes

My boss went to Sharm El Sheikh last summer and loved it. That being said, if you venture into the peninsula you could get abducted.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #844 on: July 25, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »

My boss went to Sharm El Sheikh last summer and loved it. That being said, if you venture into the peninsula you could get abducted.

Yeah. Work has a pretty strong prohibition against that. We are for scuba, though!

Also, chilling at Pub 28 in Zamalek tonight while the wife gets all saloned up and whatnot.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 25, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
oh hai Boradmoor

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC