Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1335068 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Portland
« Reply #625 on: June 03, 2012, 02:41:07 AM »
It's amazing, not the beginning of June though, rainy season in New England.  IMO Maine is the best of New England.  Best beaches and best mountains, although Mt. Washington in NH is pretty tight, but its only an hour from Portland.  Magnificent food too, and I don't even like seafood.  Clean, good shopping, amazing quality of life.  Maine is perfect in the summer and if you like snow there is plenty of skiing in the late fall, winter, and early spring.  I've spent the last 13 summers up here and I can't imagine not doing it for the rest of my life.  Not doing the winter though.  Winters in Boston were hell, I want no part of winter in Maine, skiing be damned.

it sounds fantastic.  i'm a big fan of the cool weather vacation.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:57 AM »
It's amazing, not the beginning of June though, rainy season in New England.  IMO Maine is the best of New England.  Best beaches and best mountains, although Mt. Washington in NH is pretty tight, but its only an hour from Portland.  Magnificent food too, and I don't even like seafood.  Clean, good shopping, amazing quality of life.  Maine is perfect in the summer and if you like snow there is plenty of skiing in the late fall, winter, and early spring.  I've spent the last 13 summers up here and I can't imagine not doing it for the rest of my life.  Not doing the winter though.  Winters in Boston were hell, I want no part of winter in Maine, skiing be damned.

he has hneiq, for future readers deciding what to do

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 03, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »

You guys have obviously never read a Stephen King novel. Maine is terrifying.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Portland
« Reply #628 on: June 03, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »
how about asking the dumbfucks that planned the wedding what to do.

the dumbfucks that planned the wedding aren't from portland and are busy planning for the wedding on friday and other wedding crap on thursday. I'm a groomsman and told him I would help him look into crap to do for the evening of the 4th.

and you don't always have to be such a douchebag.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Portland
« Reply #629 on: June 03, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »

the dumbfucks that planned the wedding aren't from portland and are busy planning for the wedding on friday and other wedding crap on thursday. I'm a groomsman and told him I would help him look into crap to do for the evening of the 4th.

So they're having destination wedding in Portland 4th of July weekend? Jesus H. Christ. How can I not make fun of this a little?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

So they're having destination wedding in Portland 4th of July weekend? Jesus H. Christ. How can I not make fun of this a little?

Portland, USA for 4th of July wedding.  BEST LAID PLANS!

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 03, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »

yeah so we'll be touring wineries all day tuesday and experimenting with blending our own wines with the head winemaker at willamette valley, doing a microbrew tour followed by a great fireworks show over the water whilst pak'd on wednesday, having the rehearsal dinner at the rogue distillery on thursday and then the wedding on friday at willamette valley vineyards. an entire 4th of july week surrounded by great friends, great beer, great wine and great weather.  should be just miserable.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Portland- Meth City, USA.
« Reply #632 on: June 03, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
Do the wire cart thing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 03, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »

yeah so we'll be touring wineries all day tuesday and experimenting with blending our own wines with the head winemaker at willamette valley, doing a microbrew tour followed by a great fireworks show over the water whilst pak'd on wednesday, having the rehearsal dinner at the rogue distillery on thursday and then the wedding on friday at willamette valley vineyards. an entire 4th of july week surrounded by great friends, great beer, great wine and great weather.  should be just miserable.

jeez, was minneapolis booked? I hear cleveland is a great spot for a destination wedding. Oh, maybe you could do Fresno!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 03, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »

which wineries?  :shy:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
If you go to Maine:

Kittery
Kennebunkport

Thread

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 04, 2012, 12:13:56 AM »
If you go to Maine:

Kittery
Kennebunkport

Thread

This. The Bush compound in Kennebunkport is pretty cool.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:17 AM »

which wineries?  :shy:

no idea at this point. we'll spend most of our time at willamette just because the head winemaker is going to let us blend wines and play around, but we'll probably hit a few other before or after that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 04, 2012, 07:53:17 AM »
it's willamette, damn it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #639 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
Had a layover in Montreal once. Very clean airport. Nice people. Everyone speaks English and Francais. Would lay over in again.

My sister-in-law lives in the Montreal suburbs. I've been a couple times, but they've got kids and old people living with them, so I never really got to check out the city. They do have good manoushi, though.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 04, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
the closest i've been to montreal was lake placid in the adirondacks.  it's beautiful up there.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 04, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »
the closest i've been to montreal was lake placid in the adirondacks.  it's beautiful up there.

giant alligators

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 04, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
we crossed at Thousand Islands bridge. That was pretty cool. Probably not helpful if you're flying though.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 04, 2012, 10:49:01 AM »
If you go to Maine:

Kittery
Kennebunkport

Thread

Both places are great but I prefer Ogunquit.  Geographically in the middle of your two places and its a nice balance of touristy Kittery and more exclusive sleepier Kennebunkport.  If you do go to Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Goose Rocks Beach is the absolute best, its so peaceful.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »
Planning a trip to Maine next July.  This is all appreciated information.

edit:  also merging with travel thread for obvious reasons

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 04, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »
Planning a trip to Maine next July.  This is all appreciated information.

as in july 2013? why?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 04, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »

oh, good. now jtksu gets credit for this thread and his phone icon shows at all times. great mod job, sd.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 04, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »
I have to go to Grand Forks, ND next week. Anything to do there?  :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 04, 2012, 02:01:37 PM »
Confirmed again today I want to do a white trash pub crawl pak on S. Broadway.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
I have to go to Grand Forks, ND next week. Anything to do there?  :lol:
Go look at the river and then report back here so we can warn flood aggie of any impending floods. :ohno: