Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357461 times)

michigancat and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #7800 on: May 04, 2016, 01:08:51 PM »
wifi is wifi
Will it reach to the beach?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: May 04, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »

Denmark.

KCFDCat!  Nyhavn!  I can't recommend much, but I can't recommend enough getting smashed and then going to 7/11 at 6AM and eating as much of their hot food items as you can stomach (especially the shawarmas and the hot dogs that are fully encased in dough things). 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: May 04, 2016, 01:57:13 PM »
i've been to denmark too if that's what we're all doing now

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: May 04, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
pretty pumped for emo to talk denmark

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: May 04, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »
I should have given KCFDcat the rest of my kroners because like I'm ever going back there again.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: May 04, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
I have not been to denmark, if we're doing that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: May 04, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »
If you go I can spot you about 8 beers.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: May 04, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »
Beautiful, dude! How does internet work internationally? How do you get charged? I'm a n00b and i'd love to know.

Get a tmobile month to month plan, free cell data in about any country you care to go... Cell service too. Cancel when you return.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: May 04, 2016, 03:08:50 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm still on a family plan with Verizon. Work pays for my cell phone bill and it's cheaper for my parents by staying on it. So I probably won't do that. Meh. I won't need it, but I would love to share some pics of Punta Cana on here, when Ms. Wacky and I aren't doing honeymoon stuff.  :fatty:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: May 04, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm still on a family plan with Verizon. Work pays for my cell phone bill and it's cheaper for my parents by staying on it. So I probably won't do that. Meh. I won't need it, but I would love to share some pics of Punta Cana on here, when Ms. Wacky and I aren't doing honeymoon stuff.  :fatty:

do you think the photo will delete itself from your phone in the time you walk from the beach back to your hotel room?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: May 04, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »
Probably not.  :blush:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:36 PM »
WiFi is everywhere in Europe. I mean everywhere. Walked into a tiny breakfast spot this morning and they had WiFi. Just registered with sprint before we left and they told me how to connect in each country. Pretty easy.

We were in Denmark for 2 days and now in Belgium for 4. Then to England and Iceland. I'm a solid level 8 right now. Still trying to adjust to time zones, but whatevs.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: May 04, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »
WiFi is everywhere in Europe. I mean everywhere. Walked into a tiny breakfast spot this morning and they had WiFi. Just registered with sprint before we left and they told me how to connect in each country. Pretty easy.

We were in Denmark for 2 days and now in Belgium for 4. Then to England and Iceland. I'm a solid level 8 right now. Still trying to adjust to time zones, but whatevs.

You have different instructions on how to connect depending on the country you are in? Seems like a lot of work.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: May 04, 2016, 03:16:59 PM »
I should have given KCFDcat the rest of my kroners because like I'm ever going back there again.
Good thing kroners are worth like 5 cents

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: May 04, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »

You have different instructions on how to connect depending on the country you are in? Seems like a lot of work.
Yes. Each country has different networks. So when we go to different places I have to choose a different network to connect to. Takes like 15 seconds.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7815 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
 :thumbs: Glad you're having fun!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: May 04, 2016, 03:40:05 PM »
I've found the tmobile path a great way to get a temporary number for travel and free data much cheaper than roaming would cost me.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: May 04, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »
I've found the tmobile path a great way to get a temporary number for travel and free data much cheaper than roaming would cost me.
Sprint international cost me like $5 extra and is unlimited voice. Told my buds not to text me for a week or two. No big deal. Dunno what data costs off WiFi, but figure I'll tackle that when  we get back.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: May 04, 2016, 04:25:36 PM »
iphonetrip

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: May 04, 2016, 04:25:48 PM »
Used that for data only.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: May 04, 2016, 04:41:00 PM »

The very definition of 7 is that you can't post remotely coherently, so I think you Nick Russell'd both your time zones and pak scales
:adios:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: May 04, 2016, 04:43:37 PM »

The very definition of 7 is that you can't post remotely coherently, so I think you Nick Russell'd both your time zones and pak scales
Obvs the 8 was a joke.  Not sure how I messed up my time zones though, please enlighten me

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: May 04, 2016, 04:49:28 PM »
Sprint international cost me like $5 extra and is unlimited voice. Told my buds not to text me for a week or two. No big deal. Dunno what data costs off WiFi, but figure I'll tackle that when  we get back.

:kstategrad:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: May 05, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »

Obvs the 8 was a joke.  Not sure how I messed up my time zones though, please enlighten me

Pak scales are to you, what time zones are to Nick Russell. That's the joke, now that I've ruined it.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: May 05, 2016, 08:44:07 AM »

make sure to disable all cellular data on your phone, otherwise you may come home to a large bill for updates, notifications, etc.   
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:49:26 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »