Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357469 times)

michigancat and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #7650 on: March 29, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »
it's a cheap tactic that cheaters use

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: March 29, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
Cosigned on the cheating
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:51 PM »
don't hate the player hate the game

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: March 29, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »
When did this become the shame yourself thread?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: March 29, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
More like savaint

The Big Train

« Reply #7655 on: March 29, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »
Cheating is just disgraceful at this game SMDH rusty

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: March 29, 2016, 12:54:26 PM »
:Rusty:

:cool:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: March 29, 2016, 12:54:56 PM »
^somehow need to combine those two

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:38 PM »

My friend got scammed in Istanbul.  One of those go to a bar and buy girls drinks and get a tab for thousands of dollars scams.

Not as bad as my friend's brother getting scammed in Bangkok. One of those go to a bar and buy girls drinks and find out they aren't girls scams.

How did he find out?!?
presumably he looked at a sign that hinted that he was in Thailand.

Thai girls don't mess around in clubs. If they like what they see(pretty much anyone white), they'll straight up grab you. My guard was at an all time high when I was there because of all the pick pockets/lady boys. Also a decent portion of lady boys in Thailand are actually pretty attractive.
I got scammed at a bar in Paris like this, gals(strippers) come and sit by you, mutter something unintelligible in broken English, and walk off to order themselves €100 drinks

Did you get out of it?  I told him to fight it with his CC company but not sure if that will work.
I called the cc company right when I got back to the hostel, couldn't help me

Are you hooligans saying that someone ran up charges on your card and you just accepted it?  Bc if that's what you're saying then that's weird bc you shouldn't have done that fyi. 

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: March 29, 2016, 11:44:39 PM »

My friend got scammed in Istanbul.  One of those go to a bar and buy girls drinks and get a tab for thousands of dollars scams.

Not as bad as my friend's brother getting scammed in Bangkok. One of those go to a bar and buy girls drinks and find out they aren't girls scams.

How did he find out?!?
presumably he looked at a sign that hinted that he was in Thailand.

Thai girls don't mess around in clubs. If they like what they see(pretty much anyone white), they'll straight up grab you. My guard was at an all time high when I was there because of all the pick pockets/lady boys. Also a decent portion of lady boys in Thailand are actually pretty attractive.
I got scammed at a bar in Paris like this, gals(strippers) come and sit by you, mutter something unintelligible in broken English, and walk off to order themselves €100 drinks

Did you get out of it?  I told him to fight it with his CC company but not sure if that will work.
I called the cc company right when I got back to the hostel, couldn't help me

Are you hooligans saying that someone ran up charges on your card and you just accepted it?  Bc if that's what you're saying then that's weird bc you shouldn't have done that fyi.
Eh, it's something I've thought on a time or two since.
 At the time, in the scetchy and mostly empty establishment we were in, we had concerns about the bouncers, the heavy door at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the place, and our safety. 
Making a run for it was discussed but we decided paying what they ask and disputing the charges was more prudent.
With the benefit of hindsight and visa telling us we were SOL (we both signed our name "duress") I might have behaved differently, but with a few years reflection I just think on it as an expensive $115 (going exchange rate) story to tell.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: March 30, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
115 bucks is nothing.  I said thousands of dollars.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: March 30, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »
115 bucks is nothing.  I said thousands of dollars.
I'd agree, in hindsight its not as big a deal (On our shoestring backpacking around europe budget we were pretty pissed about it, at the time, though)

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: March 30, 2016, 03:30:13 PM »
Hang with me here guys...

I have never seen so many "disabled" people than in airports these days. Seems like people will use preboard or a wheelchair for any ailment. Runny nose? Wheelchair and preboard. Hurt feelings? Come on wheel that chair up here and board early! Fat? Take the front seat. I mean GMAFB. Then, when the flights land, they pop right up and walk like Jesus himself healed them while they sipped on Cranberry Apple and ate 5 salted peanuts from the front row of their SW flight that they probably booked a Wanna Get Away fare for when I had to book a Business Select ticket one day in advance for work. This lady (probably 5'6" or so and 140lbs) beside me literally just lifted her feet from the floor to up on her lap to put on Stelletos (sp?) and she is in a wheelchair with preboard. I literally saw her walk perfectly fine through security and from the car she got out of earlier. I would take pics for proof if she didn't already ask me to move because I questioned her disability.

/rant

I feel better... #GoEmawTherapy

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: March 30, 2016, 03:32:58 PM »
Who cares
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: March 30, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »
Who cares

God dammit I do! It's infuriating at the very least. There are people with legislate disabilities that need those passes. If the 90 year old lady can walk herself on the plane, you should too unless you have a broken leg.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7665 on: March 31, 2016, 08:31:24 AM »
does anybody else :insertTayDNR.gif: every time ShellShock posts?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: March 31, 2016, 08:33:00 AM »
everyone but TBT does

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: March 31, 2016, 08:42:13 AM »
He's got a point about fake or pseudo disabilities on flights.  Lady, we all know that Corgi isn't your service dog you selfish $!#*.
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:05 AM »
He's got a point about fake or pseudo disabilities on flights.  Lady, we all know that Corgi isn't your service dog you selfish $!#*.
My coworker faked a service dog license!

I would be annoyed if an untrained dog was wandering the aisle during a cross country flight (which happened to this dog!) but do not give half a eff about people preboarding thanks to suspicious disabilities.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: March 31, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »

I would be annoyed if an untrained dog was wandering the aisle during a cross country flight (which happened to this dog!) but do not give half a eff about people preboarding thanks to suspicious disabilities.
Yes, pre-boarding doesn't bother me, but I rarely fly SW where boarding order matters significantly.  It's mostly the dogs, multiple flights have been diverted because of the fake untrained service dog shitting on the flight. People are selfish.
:adios:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:39 AM »

my best bud did this with his dog when he moved to England. I told him it was a super shitty thing to do, esp because his dog is insane and weighs like 110 lbs

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: March 31, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »
I don't even care on SW, because it doesn't really make a difference in your seat unless you absolutely have to have an exit row or bulkhead.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: March 31, 2016, 10:01:16 AM »
pre-boards aren't allowed in exit rows

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: March 31, 2016, 11:35:48 AM »
SdK and I are going to road trip to Lexington, Kentucky next weekend. His cousin is having an event at his gym. Anyone been there?  Suggestions for eating Saturday night?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: March 31, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »
I've just done Louisville, but Kentucky is a beautiful state. Lexington is like an hour from there, so I'd imagine it's close to the same experience. Maybe drive through church hill downs on your way.