Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357553 times)

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #6175 on: April 27, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »

Adding one these to a London trip....Ireland or Scotland?  I think I'm leaning Scotland but I would appreciate any feedback from you bros.
Just got back from 11 days in Ireland. Planning on putting together a trip report I will post. How many days are you thinking it would be?  We loved the west coast.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: April 27, 2015, 09:44:13 PM »
And what all are you planning on for London?  Depending on what you like, there are tons of great day trips from there to fill up a full trip.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:34 PM »
And what all are you planning on for London?  Depending on what you like, there are tons of great day trips from there to fill up a full trip.

Haven't really decided....more of a city traveler than the country day trips but up for anything....

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:13 AM »
Well Ireland might not be for you if city traveling is your thing. Dublin isn't very big and the next best "city" we saw was Galway, which was great, but is more of a college town with only 75k people. 4th biggest Ireland.  Our favorite parts were the natural beauty of some of the country. An amazing variety of landscapes in small areas. You could fly london to Shannon and see a decent amount of the west coast driving(best way to see the ireland) for a few days.  Google the ring of Kerry for examples.

Tons to see in London with tower bridge, Big Ben, Westminster, museums, St. Paul's, Hyde park, sport venues, or just wandering the city. Harrods is worth a visit. Some great day trips easily done by train in order are Windsor, Brighton, and Bath.  In my experience London is more about the history and the culture of a huge mixed city and ireland is more about the natural sites and breathtaking views.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6180 on: May 06, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
Headed to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek this weekend with Mrs. WonderMeal.

Any tips on non-skiing things to do in the area? Any tips for Park Hyatting? Feeling pretty jazzed.

Thanks, credit card thread!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: May 07, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: May 07, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
:barf:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: May 07, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »
what is wrong w/ people?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: May 07, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
I know right?  Polo brand socks with New Balance sneakers?  Makes no sense.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: May 07, 2015, 05:35:36 PM »

Any tips on non-skiing things to do in the area? Any tips for Park Hyatting? Feeling pretty jazzed.

Vail / Beaver Creek tips? Anyone? Hiking/food/etc?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: May 07, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
I take shoes off on long flights, but I always wear socks. (Ideally smartwools)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: May 07, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
rough ridin' California hippies
:adios:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: May 08, 2015, 08:27:06 AM »
I'm heading down to Norman for my cousin's graduation tomorrow.  Is there actually anything to do or see in Norman when a KSU and/or OU sporting event isn't happening or should I just punch Bob Stoops in his goiter and leave town as soon as the graduation ceremony is over?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: May 08, 2015, 09:02:18 AM »
I'm heading down to Norman for my cousin's graduation tomorrow.  Is there actually anything to do or see in Norman when a KSU and/or OU sporting event isn't happening or should I just punch Bob Stoops in his goiter and leave town as soon as the graduation ceremony is over?

Probably be a great weekend to see multiple tornadoes in Norman.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: May 08, 2015, 09:07:01 AM »
They have a decent bbq place there and you can walk the streets with an open container. Enjoy!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: May 08, 2015, 09:10:48 AM »

avoid suicide bombers

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: May 08, 2015, 09:14:24 AM »
They have a decent bbq place there and you can walk the streets with an open container. Enjoy!

Are you referring to the one Billy Sims has or is there another good BBQ place.  We are going out for lunch afterwards but not sure where yet.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: May 08, 2015, 09:18:39 AM »

Vail / Beaver Creek tips? Anyone? Hiking/food/etc?
Went to Beaver Creek in October and it was a ghost town.  Luckily we like doing out doors activities so we found a local trail book and hiked around. A lot of the shops and restaurants keep really weird hours off season so be aware of that.  If you have a hotel room with a kitchenette it might be useful to buy some groceries.  There is a small nature center outside of Avon called Walking Mountains Science Center which might be good if you have kiddos, that is actually where we got our trail book.  Depending on the time of your trip there is a growing mountain bike industry growing in these resorts.  Some you can rent bikes, but they mostly start in the summer.  There is a large mix of trails in the area.  Some are easy day hikes, others you should be well prepared. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »

Are you referring to the one Billy Sims has or is there another good BBQ place.  We are going out for lunch afterwards but not sure where yet.
Honestly, I'm not sure. It was in their strip of college bars. It seemed like their kites.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: May 08, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »
Peru?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: May 13, 2015, 01:03:26 PM »
Just booked my flight with Delta to head up to MSP for the Royals' series there the first weekend of October! I'm excited.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: May 13, 2015, 01:07:01 PM »
Just booked my flight with Delta to head up to MSP for the Royals' series there the first weekend of October! I'm excited.

You should maybe tell your travel partner the dates because he doesn't seem to know.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: May 13, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
Where should my 8manGF and I eat dinner in NYC on Memorial Day?  Staying in Midtown / Hell's Kitchen, but doesn't have to be right there.  Would prefer to keep it around or under $100 (excluding booze, duh) for the two of us.
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: May 13, 2015, 02:07:15 PM »
Where should my 8manGF and I eat dinner in NYC on Memorial Day?  Staying in Midtown / Hell's Kitchen, but doesn't have to be right there.  Would prefer to keep it around or under $100 (excluding booze, duh) for the two of us.