Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356678 times)

sys and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #5425 on: November 11, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »
costs less
free bags
a1-15
free tv

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: November 11, 2014, 06:32:34 PM »

If you know you're flying coach and won't fly enough for status/upgrades, everything about southwest is better than the legacy carriers. Choosing your seat is a blessing*.

Names things that are better. I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Also I don't understand the choosing seat is a blessing thing.

best flight change policy
Entertainment(free)/wifi on every flight and it always works (at last I've had better luck than United)
Best domestic flight options (unless you're going to Wyoming or something)
no rj's
if you see a fat smelly person in a seat, you can walk past them and find another (again, this assumes you aren't a dumbass)
no baggage fees
free snacks

again, their biggest knock is status and upgrades. Getting a10 or better is a pretty worthless perk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: November 11, 2014, 06:36:27 PM »
Also, choosing your own seat is great if you book late, because you can basically guarantee yourself a window or aisle by checking in before you get to the airport while the assigners will stick you in the aisle and you have to ask to change every time you see an employee

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: November 11, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »
a10 or better is great, i sit in bulkhead or that extra long exit row every flight

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: November 11, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »
Pretty sure a1-a15 is reserved for business class

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: November 11, 2014, 06:53:06 PM »

it is, and no one pays to fly business class on swa so there's always empty spots available for purchase.   the price of the ticket is still less than other carriers.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: November 11, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

it is, and no one pays to fly business class on swa so there's always empty spots available for purchase.   the price of the ticket is still less than other carriers.

did this on sunday. was $40 to move up to A9. worth it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »

did this on sunday. was $40 to move up to A9. worth it.

:lol:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: November 11, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »
I don't understand how cattle heading in order into the plane is worse than groups 1-6 or whatever. If you don't have any status SW is better

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: November 11, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »
The lining up A1-60 is actually far less of a clusterfuck than your typical United boarding process. All five zones line up at once and usually three of the United zone lines extend into the seats where non-dumbasses were waiting until their zone was called.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: November 11, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
I don't understand how cattle heading in order into the plane is worse than groups 1-6 or whatever. If you don't have any status SW is better

ya it's not.  swa haters gonna hate.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »

If you know you're flying coach and won't fly enough for status/upgrades, everything about southwest is better than the legacy carriers. Choosing your seat is a blessing*.

Names things that are better. I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Also I don't understand the choosing seat is a blessing thing.

best flight change policy
Entertainment(free)/wifi on every flight and it always works (at last I've had better luck than United)
Best domestic flight options (unless you're going to Wyoming or something)
no rj's
if you see a fat smelly person in a seat, you can walk past them and find another (again, this assumes you aren't a dumbass)
no baggage fees
free snacks

again, their biggest knock is status and upgrades. Getting a10 or better is a pretty worthless perk

Good list I think. Comparing exclusively coach products anyway. I wish they had additional stretch seating on top of the exit and bulkhead rows. I think the biggest knocks are no first or business class product, no lounges, no alliance participation, and no real international redemption option. That's not their market though.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: November 11, 2014, 08:31:24 PM »
You know what's great about flying sw during the week?  If you're heading east to a mid-sized city from the west coast at the end of the day the flights are always only 60-70% full.  Makes the pick your own seat thing great.  Walk on 3 minutes before the door shuts and still have no one sitting next to you.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »

I think it's worse now because everybody is fighting to get their little too big carryon on and not pay the $25 check bag fee.

I'm not a fan of Southwest honestly but it goes where I want to go out of KCI direct and their cancel/change policy is pretty great.  Having companion pass was pretty fun as well.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »

I think it's worse now because everybody is fighting to get their little too big carryon on and not pay the $25 check bag fee.

I'm not a fan of Southwest honestly but it goes where I want to go out of KCI direct and their cancel/change policy is pretty great.  Having companion pass was pretty fun as well.

Hey dumbass, if there isn't enough room for your carry on they'll check your bag for free.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

Hey dumbass, if there isn't enough room for your carry on they'll check your bag for free.
No crap.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: November 12, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »
Just mailed ten of these to mocat. Have another ten that will expire 12/31/14 if anyone will be flying Delta.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: November 12, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »
Just mailed ten of these to mocat. Have another ten that will expire 12/31/14 if anyone will be flying Delta.

i just slid into your dm's

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: November 12, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »
I don't hate southwest fwiw. I just didn't like my flight on Sunday. The dude was huge. I should have stopped partying and checked in earlier on saturday. You live and learn you guys!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: November 12, 2014, 04:33:33 PM »

So tapatalk doesn't like your new handle and won't let me DM you back. You want your name on that letter or just 'blast?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: November 12, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »

So tapatalk doesn't like your new handle and won't let me DM you back. You want your name on that letter or just 'blast?

'blast would make me giggle but just to be safe let's do the name. check dm. by the way, THANKS! :thumbs:

looks like i can start the binge early for free on my way to morgantown next thursday :gocho:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: November 12, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
it's a trap!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile