Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356452 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #5400 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:10 PM »
i've been on about 10 vacations to mexico and the caribbean. half have been spent at all inclusives and half haven't. i've had crap tons of fun every time.

Where did you have the most crap ton fun in the 1/2 that are all-in trips?  That's the question in front of us.

i mean there are roughly 1,000 all inclusives in the cancun to playa del carmen area. pick a decent one and go have a blast. what is important to your group and who is in it? all adults? adults and kids? good food? good beach? party scene? laid back?

The Big Train

« Reply #5401 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
"i use excessive force on perps and get monetary rewards and promotions and stuff, half of those arrest were without a warrant but i beat the suspects so hard they wouldnt talk.  love my vacations."

- Rick Daris

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: November 09, 2014, 10:26:59 PM »
i've been on about 10 vacations to mexico and the caribbean. half have been spent at all inclusives and half haven't. i've had crap tons of fun every time.

Where did you have the most crap ton fun in the 1/2 that are all-in trips?  That's the question in front of us.

i mean there are roughly 1,000 all inclusives in the cancun to playa del carmen area. pick a decent one and go have a blast. what is important to your group and who is in it? all adults? adults and kids? good food? good beach? party scene? laid back?

Yeah I know, why I'm asking for any person experiences from my bros.  All adults.  Good food.  good beach.  party scene.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: November 09, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »

Yeah I know, why I'm asking for any person experiences from my bros.  All adults.  Good food.  good beach.  party scene.

hotel riu palace peninsula. next!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:49:23 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: November 09, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »
The Hyatt doesn't have much of a "party scene" but other than that it's great. Beach is perfect, pool is perfect, food is good. Mostly couples, kids aren't allowed. I haven't left and haven't wanted to. Yes it's lazy, that's the point.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: November 09, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
glad you are enjoying your vaca michcat
emaw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: November 10, 2014, 08:26:21 AM »
The Hyatt doesn't have much of a "party scene" but other than that it's great.

i don't think many/any do, but some are within walking distances to night life if you really need to get your party on.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: November 10, 2014, 10:25:16 AM »
The Hyatt doesn't have much of a "party scene" but other than that it's great. Beach is perfect, pool is perfect, food is good. Mostly couples, kids aren't allowed. I haven't left and haven't wanted to. Yes it's lazy, that's the point.
Thanks. Nothing wrong with being lazy in Mexico.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: November 10, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »

hotel riu palace peninsula. next!
You're the best.!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: November 10, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »
i hadn't flown southwest in a while but did last week because direct to vegas. my goodness, what a nightmare.

will be in seat 1A on delta to LAX this afternoon though :gocho:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: November 10, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »
i hadn't flown southwest in a while but did last week because direct to vegas. my goodness, what a nightmare.

You're telling me. My flight home yesterday was awful. I ended up with B58 to board and found a window seat. We had the middle seat open until a 6-6, 300 lbs dude sat in our middle seat and took up both armrests while his fat bulged onto my side. I'm 6-4 myself, so I had to try and pretzel myself into a coasterphobic state. Longest flight of my lfe. He was also a TCU fan who was fat and smelly.  :frown:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: November 10, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

You're telling me. My flight home yesterday was awful. I ended up with B58 to board and found a window seat. We had the middle seat open until a 6-6, 300 lbs dude sat in our middle seat and took up both armrests while his fat bulged onto my side. I'm 6-4 myself, so I had to try and pretzel myself into a coasterphobic state. Longest flight of my lfe. He was also a TCU fan who was fat and smelly.  :frown:

:confused:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: November 10, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »

loves condensation, this guy

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: November 10, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »
i fly southwest a fair bit, it's pretty great

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: November 10, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »

loves condensation, this guy
*Claustrophobic

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5415 on: November 10, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
How do you even end up in the b's on sw? I've never been higher than a30's.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: November 10, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
How do you even end up in the b's on sw? I've never been higher than a30's.
Every flight i've ever taken has A1-C60. I literally checked in 10 minutes past the amount of time I could first check in and I was already that far back. Mainly cause, I usually travel with sw for K-State events and there's a bunch of us on those flights.  :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: November 10, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »

If you are baller enough to be A-list it's fab.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: November 10, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »
of course I never fall below A10

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: November 10, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »

If you are baller enough to be A-list it's fab.

guess this is why I don't get the bitching about sw
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: November 11, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
southwest is fine if you fly it all the time and get a-list, and are <a30 when you fly. also the point system is great, tons of direct flights, i get its perks. but after flying delta for a while i'm just used to knowing my seat when i walk on the plane and with status being able to get more leg room and the occasional first class upgrade. the sw 'cattle herding' process when you're in the B's is just awful.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: November 11, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »
southwest is fine if you fly it all the time and get a-list, and are <a30 when you fly. also the point system is great, tons of direct flights, i get its perks. but after flying delta for a while i'm just used to knowing my seat when i walk on the plane and with status being able to get more leg room and the occasional first class upgrade. the sw 'cattle herding' process when you're in the B's is just awful.

life is hard for dumbasses, no matter the airline they fly

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: November 11, 2014, 12:31:29 PM »

100% with you 'blast.  During my days of travel i used delta all the time.  My first trip with sw just sucked overall, likely because i am so used to how other airlines do it (admittedly i didn't really give sw a chance).  I switched over to United since i use the UR point system now (thanks to SD).  Will only do ws for direct flights to NOLA/Chicago or when it's the only option, i'll pay the extra few dollars otherwise.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: November 11, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »
If you know you're flying coach and won't fly enough for status/upgrades, everything about southwest is better than the legacy carriers. Choosing your seat is a blessing*.

*this assumes you aren't a complete dumbass as clams alluded to.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: November 11, 2014, 06:20:43 PM »

If you know you're flying coach and won't fly enough for status/upgrades, everything about southwest is better than the legacy carriers. Choosing your seat is a blessing*.

Names things that are better. I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Also I don't understand the choosing seat is a blessing thing.