Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1357595 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #3500 on: March 26, 2014, 04:55:59 PM »
well pick the most convenient of these groups of (somewhat) midwestern hubs to avoid the cattle line and get yourself some worthwhile rewards:

group A
DFW
ORD
CLT
PHX

group B
DEN
ORD
CLE
IAH

group C
MSP
DTW
MEM
CVG
ATL
SLC

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: March 26, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »
Ms. wackysquak and I are going to fly down to Marco Island, FL this summer and stay at her grandparents condo off the beach. The pictures make it look amazing. I kinda want to drive to the keys for a couple of days. Has anyone been? Any pro tips?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 26, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »
well pick the most convenient of these groups of (somewhat) midwestern hubs to avoid the cattle line and get yourself some worthwhile rewards:

group A
DFW
ORD
CLT
PHX

group B
DEN
ORD
CLE
IAH

group C
MSP
DTW
MEM
CVG
ATL
SLC

Yeah those options kind of suck from Louisville, don't they? AA probably looks the best.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »
Ms. wackysquak and I are going to fly down to Marco Island, FL this summer and stay at her grandparents condo off the beach. The pictures make it look amazing. I kinda want to drive to the keys for a couple of days. Has anyone been? Any pro tips?

protips for marco island or the keys? i've been to the keys twice but not marco island. also if you have a free place to stay on marco island then i'd honestly just make the most of it and stay there. key west has to be at least a five hour drive from there and to stay where you would want to stay, not cheap. also the rest of the keys don't have anything going on except nice beach and water but you already have that at marco island.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »
go to Disney world. totally worth the drive.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »

protips for marco island or the keys? i've been to the keys twice but not marco island. also if you have a free place to stay on marco island then i'd honestly just make the most of it and stay there. key west has to be at least a five hour drive from there and to stay where you would want to stay, not cheap. also the rest of the keys don't have anything going on except nice beach and water but you already have that at marco island.
Thanks! :thumbs:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3506 on: March 26, 2014, 06:08:05 PM »

group A
DFW
ORD
CLT
PHX

group B
DEN
ORD
CLE
IAH

group C
MSP
DTW
MEM
CVG
ATL
SLC
Thanks. I'll make the most of it. Free vacation flights for the family will be nice.

group A
DFW
ORD
CLT
PHX

group B
DEN
ORD
CLE
IAH

group C
MSP
DTW
MEM
CVG
ATL
SLC

Yeah those options kind of suck from Louisville, don't they? AA probably looks the best.
Ya. Not real sexy choices.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 26, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »

I have spent a lot of time on Marco and have made the drive to the keys.  We took the back way on old 41 hwy and it was a solid 4 hours not including stops but was scenic.  There is not much for nightlife on Marco, especially in the summer so I might try to find a place in Key West for a night or two.

There are plenty of nice restaurants and bars on Marco and tons more in Naples but I like the kind of grungy places like the Tiki Bar http://dolphintiki.com/, the Capri Fish house http://www.caprifishhouse.com/ and the Little Bar in Goodland that is worth the short drive for steamed mussels alone http://www.littlebarrestaurant.com/lb30_menu.htm

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 26, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »
it might be just me but if i had never been to a place like marco island before and i was going with my gf and we had a free place to stay on the beach, the last thing i would want to do would be to make a boring as 4 plus hour drive to key west, stay a day or two and then drive four plus hours back. that's just me though. who knows.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 27, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »
it might be just me but if i had never been to a place like marco island before and i was going with my gf and we had a free place to stay on the beach, the last thing i would want to do would be to make a boring as 4 plus hour drive to key west, stay a day or two and then drive four plus hours back. that's just me though. who knows.
you are probably right if it is just a long weekend but I think our guy Wacky might get a little board after the third day of beach -> pool -> nice seafood dinner at a half empty restaurant. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
you are probably right if it is just a long weekend but I think our guy Wacky might get a little board after the third day of beach -> pool -> nice seafood dinner at a half empty restaurant.

well i don't necessarily disagree w/ that. looks like you are going to key west afterall wacks!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 27, 2014, 11:11:29 AM »
I like both advices, fellas. I haven't been to the beach since we played at Miami in 2012. I'll probably just stay put and enjoy the free stay. Thanks for everything.  :cheers:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 27, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »
I like both advices, fellas. I haven't been to the beach since we played at Miami in 2012. I'll probably just stay put and enjoy the free stay. Thanks for everything.  :cheers:
If you are going to be there over the weekend, you might look into renting a boat from Marco River marina and going to Keewaydin Island, that area's version of the party cove.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 27, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
If you are going to be there over the weekend, you might look into renting a boat from Marco River marina and going to Keewaydin Island, that area's version of the party cove.
That looks truly awful.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 27, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »
That looks truly awful.

I'd go chill somewhere roughly right beneath "might look"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: March 27, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
 :love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: March 27, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »
I want to catch a shark this summer and  :lol: right in his fat, mean, face.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 27, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »
I want to catch a shark this summer and  :lol: right in his fat, mean, face.
the Sunshine Ace hardware store on Marco has a great fishing dept- they can set you up to fish the beach at night, reportedly that is when the big sharks are caught.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: March 27, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »
Delta is going to start serving Sweetwater 420 on some flights. pretty great move.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »
Easy one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: March 27, 2014, 08:04:38 PM »
No

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: March 27, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
DFW

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: March 27, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »
DFW
Yes

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: March 27, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »
I can't tell if this thread is "guess the airport" or "let me brag about my vacation." (looking at fanning).

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: March 27, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »
that's obviously krypton
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite