Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1356791 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #3350 on: March 13, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
do you love getting blasted on wine or beer? jk, both have tons of great booze to get wrecked up on. HAVE FUN BRO!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »
If you don't have this on your boarding passes yet, go apply.  Now.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: March 14, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
why is it worth $85?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: March 14, 2014, 01:29:55 PM »
why is it worth $85?

Short line (unless they eff it up and put normal schlubs in it), keep shoes on, keep laptop and liquids in bag. It's 5 years and....  :kstategrad:

edit:  added necessary )
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:44:13 PM by Phil Titola »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: March 14, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
Budapest in May, anyone?  :gocho:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: March 14, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »
It's weird they don't let normal schlubs in it because it's perfect for normal schlubs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: March 14, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »
It's really perfect for everyone. Taking your shoes off is the dumbest rough ridin' thing in the world. Especially when you don't need to do it in other countries even when you have a US destination.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: March 14, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »
It's weird they don't let normal schlubs in it because it's perfect for normal schlubs.

They will pull "low risk" schlubs from the normal line into the precheck line...then they don't know the drill of not removing shoes, etc. and slow it down for us normal schlubs that paid the $85/100 for the line.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: March 14, 2014, 02:11:48 PM »
i don't wear laces to the airport so the whole shoes thing is not worth $85, imo

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: March 14, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »
i can't identify which ones are the schlubs anymore! :runaway:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:57 PM »

They will pull "low risk" schlubs from the normal line into the precheck line...then they don't know the drill of not removing shoes, etc. and slow it down for us normal schlubs that paid the $85/100 for the line.

My point is every line should be that way.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 14, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »
i don't wear laces to the airport so the whole shoes thing is not worth $85, imo

Fancy pants.  The laptop and liquids in the bag are pretty awesome...and the fact that nobody has to do this crap makes the line move lickey split.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 14, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »

My point is every line should be that way.

they will be in less than 5 years

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 14, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
Precheck lines are longer than normal lines on weekdays at a lot of airports. Weekends, doe.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 14, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
I always LOL @ people who fancy themselves as pro-travelers getting visibly annoyed w/ schlubs at security. I mean, there's always an old guy that doesn't realize he left his watch on or something but people like roll their eyes and stuff. Good grief, your first time flying, bruh?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: March 14, 2014, 02:23:23 PM »
Precheck lines are longer than normal lines on weekdays at a lot of airports. Weekends, doe.

I've only had it for one flight so far and KCI and EWR had nobody in the precheck lines...but I have heard this report.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: March 14, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »

I always LOL @ people who fancy themselves as pro-travelers getting visibly annoyed w/ schlubs at security. I mean, there's always an old guy that doesn't realize he left his watch on or something but people like roll their eyes and stuff. Good grief, your first time flying, bruh?

I would have an amazing pocket knife collection if I worked there.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 14, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »
pocket knives...reminds me of ole KSU/ISU tuck fans getting all bent out of shape at Sprint Center for not being allowed in with a knife.  Great people watching.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: March 14, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »

strollers drive people insane

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 14, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »
my mom accidentally took a box cutter through security in her purse on the way to the holiday bowl 15 months after 9/11.  wichita completely missed it and she took it to san diego and didn't realize it was in the purse until san diego security found it and almost arrested her and then took it.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 14, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »
I know a lady who got her purse gun through security and realized it only after they were about to board. Ended up just mailing it back to herself.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 18, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 18, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »
SeaPort Airlines has announced its first interline partnership -- with Alaska Airlines -- that will allow "seamless" connections, SeaPort President and CEO Rob McKinney said.

He shared the news with Salina Airport Authority officials Monday. The partnership, made possible by SeaPort's Amadeus Altea reservation system, goes into effect Sunday.

The partnership means that passengers can buy one ticket and fly from Salina to Seattle, McKinney said. Because there is no Transportation Security Administration screening at Salina Regional Airport, luggage will have to be checked at Kansas City International Airport, the first stop on journeys to the northwest United States. But coming back, he said, travelers won't have to touch their luggage until after landing in Salina.

During a visit to Salina in October, Tim Sieber, SeaPort executive vice president, spoke about the company's high expectations for Amadeus.

The Alaska Airlines partnership is a first step toward one day being able to book one ticket from Salina to South Africa, McKinney said, and other points around this nation and the world.

"It puts Salina back on the map," he said. "It's a huge step for us."

The new system should make it easier for customers to book flights, and for more of them to notice options from such places as Salina, where it's free to park, said Melissa McCoy, Salina Airport Authority spokeswoman.

"SeaPort is the first American carrier on this platform," McKinney said. "You can sit at your computer or go to a local travel agency and see that 'I can go anywhere in the world.' "

Boardings in Salina are still not what SeaPort would like, but he's confident the new system will improve those numbers.

McKinney said taht SeaPort will announce a new tagline May 1: "Hometown Airline; Worldwide Connections."

McKinney also mentioned that the Pilatus PC-12 aircraft that belly landed Feb. 14 at Salina Regional Airport is the last of that model in the SeaPort fleet of owned and leased planes.

The airline has opted to use only Cessna Caravans, which also offer nine seats, but with more baggage space. Passenger luggage can now total 50 free pounds instead of 35.

The Caravans are easier to work on, train on and get parts for, McKinney said.

"They're more reliable and cheaper to operate," he said.

SeaPort fired a pilot and co-pilot for landing the Pilatus at Salina on Feb. 14 without the landing gear deployed. The plane contained no passengers, and there were no injuries. The company determined that the landing mistake was attributable to pilot error.

The National Transportation Safety Board has labeled the gear-up landing an incident, McKinney said, but no final conclusions have been released.

To "inspire" people to use the interline connection, SeaPort is giving away a free weekend in Seattle during late April. To learn more, text "fly" to 313131 for SeaPort updates on the promotion.

SeaPort has been selected as the Essential Air Service carrier at Great Bend. Starting in May, Salina passengers can connect with Wichita, with a stop in Great Bend. Other connections can be made to fly to Denver, Dallas and other destinations. The lowest one-way fare is $69. Salina to Kansas City flights -- three daily, one Saturdays and two on Sundays -- can be booked in advance for $49 one way.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:15 AM »
pictures from a lounge club in the same airport i took the other picture. lounge opened at 730am. got there at 815am. was told at 915am that they had a six drink maximum and that the rule was in place to help ensure people were sober enough to make their flights.  :lol: