Author Topic: Favorite Professor at Kansas State University  (Read 21167 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Professor at Kansas State University
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »
Safe to assume there are no Hotel and Restaurant Management Major's on here?

I'm pretty sure all of the Professors I have had are insane.    

Not a hotel and restaurant management major, but took a class taught by Dr. B. You haven't lived until you've taken a college class about alcohol, taught by a wino...
I took a class called drugs and behaviors phsyc200 level and the professor came to class drunk a couple of times.  The first day of class he asked who in the room liked the tast of alchohol?  3/4 of the class raised their hand and he told them they were full of crap.

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
Tom Roberts taught the worst class I've ever taken, but he's not really a professor, so I don't know if that counts.
That professional development crap? (for engineers)

PPD (DEN325). Worst class on earth.

Yea that class was pointless for someone born with common sense.  Great for the nerds who thought khaki pants, white socks, and brown shoes were acceptable to wear in a job interview.

I have never worn a suit to an interview and gotten a number of offers.  Its an interview not a fashion show.  That is what I tell any candidate I interview at my current job, nobody cares if you own a suit.

They may not care, but for many larger companies this is not true.  Interview for a position at a large company wearing khaki's and a polo, and lets see if they pick you over the guy with the exact same credentials who wore a suit and tie. 

Also, congrats that your company looks past all that.  It's not the common.  If this were a perfect world, people could walk into an interview showing all their tats and piercings without the interviewer using it as judging criteria. 

You will never get a job that you aren't qualified for by looking great, but could easily lose the opportunity for one you are qualified for by being under dressed.  Every man should own a suit irregardless of the need for one in an interview. 

I love wearing suits. Every day at my office is like casual Friday, so I think it would be awesome if we had formal Fridays instead.

I feel the same way.  Love suiting up.  I also look damn good in a suit.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:15:18 PM by EveryManAWildcat33 »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »
Lymann baker

Baker was a trip.

Uncanny ability to talk in a gigantic circle and then come back to the point that he started the class with. 

Offline J.EMAW33

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 01:17:38 PM »
Tom Roberts taught the worst class I've ever taken, but he's not really a professor, so I don't know if that counts.
That professional development crap? (for engineers)

PPD (DEN325). Worst class on earth.

Yea that class was pointless for someone born with common sense.  Great for the nerds who thought khaki pants, white socks, and brown shoes were acceptable to wear in a job interview.

I have never worn a suit to an interview and gotten a number of offers.  Its an interview not a fashion show.  That is what I tell any candidate I interview at my current job, nobody cares if you own a suit.

They may not care, but for many larger companies this is not true.  Interview for a position at a large company wearing khaki's and a polo, and lets see if they pick you over the guy with the exact same credentials who wore a suit and tie. 

Also, congrats that your company looks past all that.  It's not the common.  If this were a perfect world, people could walk into an interview showing all their tats and piercings without the interviewer using it as judging criteria. 

You will never get a job that you aren't qualified for by looking great, but could easily lose the opportunity for one you are qualified for by being under dressed.  Every man should own a suit irregardless of the need for one in an interview. 

I love wearing suits. Every day at my office is like casual Friday, so I think it would be awesome if we had formal Fridays instead.

I feel the same way.  Love suiting up.  I also look damn good in a suit.

Who the eff doesn't love suiting up?

Oh, yeah, poor people don't.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »
Lymann baker

Baker was a trip.

Uncanny ability to talk in a gigantic circle and then come back to the point that he started the class with. 

Yes. Like in every single class.

Offline Patrick Bateman

• Fan
  • I need to return some videotapes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »

Charles Sanders

History with the blood in it!!!

dr. charles "all that is man" sanders had me pretend to amputate a leg in his class once...it was wonderful.

Don Mrozek was my favorite history professor (in case you were about to ask).  When did Dr. Charles start at K-State?

Offline Patrick Bateman

• Fan
  • I need to return some videotapes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »

Not a hotel and restaurant management major, but took a class taught by Dr. B. You haven't lived until you've taken a college class about alcohol, taught by a wino...
I took a class called drugs and behaviors phsyc200 level and the professor came to class drunk a couple of times.  The first day of class he asked who in the room liked the tast of alchohol?  3/4 of the class raised their hand and he told them they were full of crap.

Dr. Uhlarik or Dr. Griffitt perhaps?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »
Scott Gadekin (sp?) was a Beta who taught my weight training class.  Pretty much let me do what I wanted including awesome high dives over at the Natatorium.

There was a TA who taught my public speaking class that I hooked up with, she was a g-phi and I felt compelled to go to some suitcase party with her in order to assure my grade.  She was a good teacher also though.  

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
Scott Gadekin (sp?) was a Beta who taught my weight training class.  Pretty much let me do what I wanted including awesome high dives over at the Natatorium.

There was a TA who taught my public speaking class that I hooked up with, she was a g-phi and I felt compelled to go to some suitcase party with her in order to assure my grade.  She was a good teacher also though.  

I used to bang my RA.

Which brings up the question. . .
Which is better, banging your RA, or your TA?  You can get away with basically anything if you are banging your RA.

Did you have to do anything in that class to get an A?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »
I never banged anybody in a position of power.

Both would be amazing to me, even now. 

:cry:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »

Uhllarik sounds right

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
Is Oldfather still around? I had him for Money & Banking. Awful class.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »

His kid was a decent dude.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »

His kid was a decent dude.

Oldfather was a good dude too, that class was hard as balls though. I think I just put the Supply and Demand curve on one of his tests and walked out.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »

Uhllarik sounds right

Didn't he have stalking issues a few years back?

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2011, 03:31:47 PM »

Uhllarik sounds right

Didn't he have stalking issues a few years back?
Yes he did. I think he was stalking my neighbor.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
I never banged anybody in a position of power.

Both would be amazing to me, even now. 

:cry:

It was a good feeling to be as loud as I want and have all sorts of alcohol in my dorm and when someone would be like, "Guys, quiet!  We can't get in trouble!"  I'd say, "It's not a problem, dude.  I'm nailing the RA.  :gocho: "  They'd be all  :surprised:

Every time I'd see her she'd tell me I need to slow down on the parties because she gets all kinds of complaints about noise in my room.  I'd tell her I'd keep it down.  But then, get this, I wouldn't.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
Todd Simon

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
definitely Craig Parker.  :gocho:

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »
Never had Knox for studio. Heard some horror stories though. Liked him well enough in computing.

My favorites-

Hoag- Most thought he was crazy. Thought his seminar was great. Studio was pretty good.
Howe- Awesome professor.
Torgier- Badass. Pure badass.

never had hoag for studio, would've loved though.
Howe wasn't there before I graduated.
I almost wrote the exact same thing about Torgeir Norheim.   Honestly though, he didn't teach me as much about design as he did about how to look goddamn amazing while designing.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
You gotta love Smethers. True EMAW right there.

Offline BrotherDDay

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2011, 08:28:13 AM »
Dr. Wayne Norvell.  Any prof that holds chalk like he's smoking a cigarette and bags on ku and Stanford business schools at any opportunity is tops.  He was EMAW to the core... RIP.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »
You guys and your suit crap and just spouting bullshit that people have told you.  When interviewing for software engineering positions many places including Google and Microsoft discourage wearing of suits.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
You guys and your suit crap and just spouting bullshit that people have told you.  When interviewing for software engineering positions many places including Google and Microsoft discourage wearing of suits.
lol :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.