Author Topic: Drinking and Driving.  (Read 6589 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Drinking and Driving.
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
You're pulled over, what do you do?

I say you keep two empties and one full can of beer in your car.  When you get pulled over, stop, turn your engine off, drop your keys out the window onto the ground so that the officer can clearly see you do it.  Pretend to pound the two already open beers.  Open and drink the remaining beer.  Hey, officer, prove I was drunk while I was driving.  Boom.

Would that work?  I think it would.

EDIT:  Of course, you'd probably get a drunk in public or something, but that is way better than a DUI.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking and Driving.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
make a run for it  :drink:  :driving:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
fool proof plan, you probably saved some d00ds a lot of future trouble.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
It's called "The Cabrera" and it is a bold manuever.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
This would work especially well if you are in a state that doesn't have an open container law.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
KSUBrian punched a wall after reading this thread.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »
Lawyer buddy told me a few years ago that if you have any possibility of failing, you should never submit to a test.  Never.

Said that if you refuse, they take your license for a year but that it won't damage your insurance or go on your record as a DUI.

If you fail a test, you still lose your license, get royally mumped on your insurance, and get a DUI on the record.

Thankfully, I haven't had to make this decision myself.   :crossfingers:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:36:27 AM »
Lawyer buddy told me a few years ago that if you have any possibility of failing, you should never submit to a test.  Never.

Said that if you refuse, they take your license for a year but that it won't damage your insurance or go on your record as a DUI.

If you fail a test, you still lose your license, get royally mumped on your insurance, and get a DUI on the record.

Yeah, but some people can't lose their license.  This way I'd say the worst case scenario is that you are in jail for 8 hours or whatever, you pay a fine for drunk in public, then they let you go.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 11:46:34 AM »

Yeah, but some people can't lose their license.  This way I'd say the worst case scenario is that you are in jail for 8 hours or whatever, you pay a fine for drunk in public, then they let you go.

Agreed on the public drunken charge being the absolute best possibility, but that seems pretty unlikely.

also, most people that lose their license are able to drive for work and school still on a restricted.  They issue you a piece of paper that says so, but take your actual license.  I know this because I know someone at KSU that pulled a check scheme at the mall immediately after getting a DUI.  Wrote a bunch of checks, used the piece of paper as ID, then reported check book stolen.  Boom, bank took care of the "fraud", she kept a bunch of free stuff, and she could still drive to work and school.   

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
also, most people that lose their license are able to drive for work and school still on a restricted.  They issue you a piece of paper that says so, but take your actual license.  I know this because I know someone at KSU that pulled a check scheme at the mall immediately after getting a DUI.  Wrote a bunch of checks, used the piece of paper as ID, then reported check book stolen.  Boom, bank took care of the "fraud", she kept a bunch of free stuff, and she could still drive to work and school.   

Hope it was all at Dillard's
:adios:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
Curious what actually happened with that girl because KS does not allow for restricted driving privileges after a DUI.  Not to work, school, AA, etc.  Unless my probation officer, attorney, judge, etc were all just playing a joke on me...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
Curious what actually happened with that girl because KS does not allow for restricted driving privileges after a DUI.  Not to work, school, AA, etc.  Unless my probation officer, attorney, judge, etc were all just playing a joke on me...

its been about ten years our more but I knew another person who actually got two dui's and didn't lose all driving rights until the second one.  same stitch after the first one, he got a paper license for work and school.  laws may have changed since then.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Buddy of mine got pulled over in the parking lot at Tanner's on 119th after opening day at the K a couple years ago. He was trashed.  (female cop) had him get out of the car and sit on the sidewalk in front of Tanner's while she called in his junk and got things ready to test him.  My other buddies ran in and bought him three shots of rumple and a pitcher of beer.  They ran outside with the booze. he did three shots and was deep into the pitcher before the (fat ass female cop) tackled him spilling beer everywhere. 

It went to court.  The judge ripped the cop's ass for not cuffin him or putting him in the car.  The judge then ripped my buddy's ass for being a lucky little prick and gave him a ticket for speeding or noise or something like that. 

He got off.   :driving: :drink:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 02:04:08 PM »

Said that if you refuse, they take your license for a year

Not always the case.  Should definitely refuse. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
Had a buddy get pulled over leaving aggieville in the afternoon...he had drank a pitcher or so, plus a couple wells. The cop pulled him over for not wearing a seatbelt, but said that some people have been leaving aggieville drunk. So the cop asked if he would take a breathalyzer. Buddy said he would. Cop came back with his license and insurance, but said there was no need for a breathalyzer. :dunno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »
My attorney buddy told me to never refuse.  Said he can get me off on the DUI but can't do crap about the automatic loss of license deal.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
I remember reading the Collegian blotter in '99-'00 or so.... some hooker got pulled over for DUI at about 10pm. Aaaaaand then again at 4am, 6 hours later. I thought that was pretty neat at the time.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »
I got mine at like 1030 (pm), spent about 45 minutes in jail, had a buddy pick me up and went to Old Towm for a few more beers before last call.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
My attorney buddy told me to never refuse.  Said he can get me off on the DUI but can't do crap about the automatic loss of license deal.

I got mine at like 1030 (pm), spent about 45 minutes in jail, had a buddy pick me up and went to Old Towm for a few more beers before last call.

So you got out of it? 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
Diversion.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 03:20:17 PM »
Grumblings that another MHS Ihnd (NOT SkinBen) was once given a DUI but the officer who arrested him couldn't testify against him because the cop was in the army reserves and got deployed to Afghanistan before the court date.

I bet that emaw was probably all after that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:22:22 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Ive always heard it's best to blow.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
You really just have to  :cool: your way through it

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »
You're pulled over, what do you do?

I say you keep two empties and one full can of beer in your car.  When you get pulled over, stop, turn your engine off, drop your keys out the window onto the ground so that the officer can clearly see you do it.  Pretend to pound the two already open beers.  Open and drink the remaining beer.  Hey, officer, prove I was drunk while I was driving.  Boom.

Would that work?  I think it would.

EDIT:  Of course, you'd probably get a drunk in public or something, but that is way better than a DUI.

This is a pretty incredible idea.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »
I've got a sure fire way to never get a DUI.

STOP DRIVING DRUNK ASSHOLES!!!! 
:shakesfist:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:43:57 PM by HeinBallz »
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.