Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 510131 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #700 on: January 03, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
So it's not cool to like AV anymore?  Or is everybody just being silly here.  I mean, I've been away for awhile but...

Ps, coco bolos was gross last time I was there.  Is this becoming a thing there.

daris is just trying too hard to be edgy again
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 03, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
So it's not cool to like AV anymore?  Or is everybody just being silly here.  I mean, I've been away for awhile but...

Ps, coco bolos was gross last time I was there.  Is this becoming a thing there.

daris is just trying too hard to be edgy again

i'm not saying aggieville is bad. i'm just saying that if we have the opportunity to have a nicer version of it that doesn't include tubbys and rustys and drinxs and kites and whatever the bomb bar is now or whatever then hey let's go do it. i mean unless you guys are opposed to a nice area to go eat and drink in.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 03, 2014, 08:49:45 AM »
No, you are right. Sounds like a great place for the olds to have a relaxing evening.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 03, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »
No, you are right. Sounds like a great place for the olds to have a relaxing evening.

if i were the type of person that liked to give advice i'd tell you to watch your mouth because you are about five years away from needing a place like this. but i'm not so hey have fun tearing up aggieville w/ your bros after some random cats game in 2018, wooderson.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 03, 2014, 08:54:10 AM »
omg :lol:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 03, 2014, 08:55:01 AM »

if i were the type of person that liked to give advice i'd tell you to watch your mouth because you are about five years away from needing a place like this. but i'm not so hey have fun tearing up aggieville w/ your bros after some random cats game in 2018, wooderson.

Just joshin', ricky baby, take it easy.

Also, who is wooderson?

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 03, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »
man.. when gramps is right.. he's right.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 03, 2014, 09:01:14 AM »
rick daris destroying people on here is one of my favorite things

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 03, 2014, 09:02:27 AM »
rick daris destroying people on here is one of my favorite things

do you think KSUblacklab has any body bags left over?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »

Just joshin', ricky baby, take it easy.

Also, who is wooderson?

Clams, Piss

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:43 AM »
we get it, RD wants an Oldieville.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 03, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »
has anyone ate wheat state pizza? is it any good?

The one is lawrence is really good, imo.  Assuming they are the same company.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »
Looked up Wooderson, apparently he was a character .in a movie from when I was like 5 years old.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 03, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
Looked up Wooderson, apparently he was a character .in a movie from when I was like 5 years old.

:facepalm:  kids. 

My brother in laws gf had never seen or heard of any of the Chevy Chase National Lampoon movies.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2014, 10:58:12 AM »

:facepalm:  kids. 

My brother in laws gf had never seen or heard of any of the Chevy Chase National Lampoon movies.

Hey, remember that scene in Gone With the Wind? No, no I don't, and nobody gives a crap

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »

i'm not saying aggieville is bad. i'm just saying that if we have the opportunity to have a nicer version of it that doesn't include tubbys and rustys and drinxs and kites and whatever the bomb bar is now or whatever then hey let's go do it. i mean unless you guys are opposed to a nice area to go eat and drink in.

Gotcha, thought you were saying that downtown would replace AV (i.e. "downtown just starts kicking aggieville ass. was fun while it lasted though.")

downtown and AV aren't mutually exclusive.  I'm quickly becoming an old, recognizing kickass downtown with places like B&B is great for MHK.  But, at same time, AV is where I'll be on gameday.     

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 03, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »

being completely serious here for a second-if you haven't seen dazed and confused and it's kind of hard for me to believe that you haven't, i mean my goodness go watch it today. it is at 94% and 90% on rotten tomatoes, launched matthew mcconaugheys career, contains a young and somewhat chubby and indiscernable ben affleck as well as a pre multipass milla jovavich and a fun drinking game that was probably only played by daris and three other people which is that you have to take a shot or do something similar every time wiley wiggins touches his nose before/after or during saying a line. it is a very enjoyable movie and one of only a handful that gets better with repeated viewings. also you guys the new tallgrass brewpub going in, in dtmhk? wow what a destination it's going to become.

mall? check, mtc.
hotels? check, fairfield, candlewood, hilton garden.
conference center? check.
best grade school? check, ww.
amazing eating places? check. harrys, b&b, 4olives, etc.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 03, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »
Yeah, I love Dazed and Confused, although it really did come out when I was 5 :sdeek:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 03, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »

being completely serious here for a second-if you haven't seen dazed and confused and it's kind of hard for me to believe that you haven't, i mean my goodness go watch it today. it is at 94% and 90% on rotten tomatoes, launched matthew mcconaugheys career, contains a young and somewhat chubby and indiscernable ben affleck as well as a pre multipass milla jovavich and a fun drinking game that was probably only played by daris and three other people which is that you have to take a shot or do something similar every time wiley wiggins touches his nose before/after or during saying a line. it is a very enjoyable movie and one of only a handful that gets better with repeated viewings. also you guys the new tallgrass brewpub going in, in dtmhk? wow what a destination it's going to become.

This may have been mentioned before, but what is the timeline/location for this?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: January 03, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »

This may have been mentioned before, but what is the timeline/location for this?

no clue. not even 100% sure that it's going to happen. although  :crossfingers:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 03, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »
Rick, I don't get why you like Woodrow Wilson so much. Did you vote for him?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 03, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »
more great bars in mhk is a good thing not a bad thing.  so i spose i'm with ofc. Daris.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 03, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »
more great bars in mhk is a good thing not a bad thing.  so i spose i'm with ofc. Daris.

feels pretty great to have support from upstanding youngsters like you, dlew

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 03, 2014, 12:49:21 PM »
also and while we are at it... if the trashy part of the student population, the ft riley rats and the townie fast food workers want aggieville i say we just let them have it. take the last of the freestanding non "drinx" type establishments and turn them into more taco places and cheap gross hamburger places and maybe even add a second buffalo wild wings and then just let them ufc it 24/7 down there with their bl pounders and their last chance patios. meanwhile we go build something better. something different. something...downtown.

What an excellent post.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12