Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread  (Read 142760 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread
« Reply #1025 on: May 13, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »
Did anyone see my "cords" suggestion?

Guess it didn't really strike a chord

Still, not very cordial.  It took me 35 minutes to think of that.

It's alright, there are multiple duds in this threads.
That is sew terrible! You have me all stitched up! I might bust a seam over here! My laughter has in-creased.  The iron-y is too high!  I am going to have to pattern my posts after yours. It's just so injeanious.  I can't catch my breath, I am panting!  I am zigzagging like a piece of cloth that has been cut with pinking shears. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 13, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »

That is sew terrible! You have me all stitched up! I might bust a seam over here! My laughter has in-creased.  The iron-y is too high!  I am going to have to pattern my posts after yours. It's just so injeanious.  I can't catch my breath, I am panting!  I am zigzagging like a piece of cloth that has been cut with pinking shears.

How long did that take you to compleat?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1027 on: May 13, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »

How long did that take you to compleat?
Oh I hemmed and hawed for about 2 minutes.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 13, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
If I just tuck the shirt in, am I good to go?

No.

I'm pretty sure I am.

One tricky part is most of the executives are women in this company.

Just my opinion, but tucked in shirts to jeans looks real dumb.

It really does.

I disagree. I feel bad for anyone that can't pull this off.

Yes, I can tell by the way you post that you look fantastic with your shirt tucked into your jeans and not at all like a rough ridin' idiot who dresses like crap and doesn't know it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 24, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
just got home from buying this guy.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-navy-plain/P2778I.html?start=1&cgid=Suits&prefn1=collection&prefn2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Napoli&prefv1=Spring%2FSummer

I feel pretty good about the deal. the guys that work there seem to actually know what they are doing. If you live in a city that has one i would recommend checking it out.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 26, 2014, 01:13:38 AM »
Almost pulled the trigger on these yesterday. I regret not getting them.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 26, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »
I went shopping yday too Meister :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 23, 2014, 08:36:05 AM »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 23, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »
what is that thing?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 23, 2014, 11:39:48 AM »
what is that thing?

Rutgers new bball warm ups.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 23, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 23, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-navy-plain/P2778I.html?start=1&cgid=Suits&prefn1=collection&prefn2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Napoli&prefv1=Spring%2FSummer

I feel pretty good about the deal. the guys that work there seem to actually know what they are doing. If you live in a city that has one i would recommend checking it out.

OK--is the suit on the model at that link intended to be 4 sizes too small?

What happens if you need to bend your knees or elbows? Or inhale?

When did it become fashionable for pants to stop 2" above the ankles?

(Note to Reidrolled I am not messing with you I just don't understand fashion and since this is the fashion thread thought I would ask)

edit: SOCKS?  http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits?prefn1=collection&prefv1=Spring%2FSummer
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:39:53 PM by massofcatfan »
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 23, 2014, 12:45:39 PM »

most people wear their pants too long. it's very difficult to transition. I used to wear mine so very little sock showed when sitting. after I shortened it up I felt naked for awhile but got used to it.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread
« Reply #1038 on: June 23, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »

OK--is the suit on the model at that link intended to be 4 sizes too small?

What happens if you need to bend your knees or elbows? Or inhale?

(Note to Reidrolled I am not messing with you I just don't understand fashion and since this is the fashion thread thought I would ask)

edit: SOCKS?  http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits?prefn1=collection&prefv1=Spring%2FSummer

this is what I imagine massofcatfan wears

http://www.purecostumes.com/halloween-costumes/RG80133/zoot-suit-adult-costume.html

what do you do in your suits? play basketball?

In all seriousness, I think there is a big difference between a suit being tailored to fit you and a suit being too small. I imagine things fitting tighter is a direct reaction to the early and mid 2000's trend of people wearing clothes that were way too big.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:09:20 PM by reidrolled »

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 23, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 23, 2014, 03:33:39 PM »
FWIW, IF YOU BUY THE CORRECT SIZE Suit Supply has some great suiting. Their recommendation (via their size helper thingy) essentially suggests a 38R for your typical 40L guy, etc. I bought a 40L (what I normally wear) and had it slightly adjusted from there. It's just a really nice suit and doesn't fit me like that (dorky). No offense to the original suit supply poster who probably fell for it and thought it would be a good idea to wear a suit that slim in any sort of professional setting. If you wear suits in anything but a formal or professional setting you're also a dork FYI.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 23, 2014, 05:02:36 PM »

FWIW, IF YOU BUY THE CORRECT SIZE Suit Supply has some great suiting. Their recommendation (via their size helper thingy) essentially suggests a 38R for your typical 40L guy, etc. I bought a 40L (what I normally wear) and had it slightly adjusted from there. It's just a really nice suit and doesn't fit me like that (dorky). No offense to the original suit supply poster who probably fell for it and thought it would be a good idea to wear a suit that slim in any sort of professional setting. If you wear suits in anything but a formal or professional setting you're also a dork FYI.

So you are really trying to tell me that I can't expect this suit I bought to fit me the same as it fits the male model who gets paid to wear clothes for a living?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 23, 2014, 05:09:41 PM »

So you are really trying to tell me that I can't expect this suit I bought to fit me the same as it fits the male model who gets paid to wear clothes for a living?

Suit Supply sounds a lot like the baking chowder drug dealer of suits to me!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL: Fashion Thread
« Reply #1043 on: June 23, 2014, 05:13:01 PM »

Pssshhhh maybe because you can buy a great suit but still have enough money left to get funky
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:12:27 PM by reidrolled »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 23, 2014, 06:58:44 PM »
I bet spewmaw looks fabulous in his suits.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 24, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »

Not really what I'm saying. My point was that those models are given a size smaller than they should be. No one needing a suit should want that end result. So, if you can look past the company's awful product photography and order the correct size, I think you all* would be very pleased with their products. It's a very interesting business model.

*if you're a jacked bro and have a huge chest and shoulders compared to the rest of your stature, go ahead and find something that fits the shoulders well and have a good tailor fix the rest. Or, if you're :ksugrad: then have one made to measure.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »

Pssshhhh maybe because you can buy a great suit but still have enough money left to get funky

but you will be hosed if a basketball game breaks out

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 03, 2014, 11:33:09 AM »
http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/and-now-you-can-play-tetris-on-your-shirt

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dsi3bIHlKv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does it come with a mirror?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 03, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
When did embedded videos happen
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite