Author Topic: crap that white midwesterners like...  (Read 180754 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: crap that white midwesterners like...
« Reply #800 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
It's just a nice way to say hi to the bride (or groom) and give them a little honeymoon cash. Looking down on it is a wannabe White Coastener thing.

Rusty is right here.  People can't possibly dislike things that they don't find enjoyable.  Clearly an attempt by all involved to be cool and something that they're not.  Bunch of posers.  I regret my involvement, don't know what I was thinking. 

to be fair, you did say it was for "poors". But I'm sure that was just about disliking an activity.

No I didn't.  I speculated it originated from poors.  Now it's just a stupid thing that people with or without money do. 

Everybody who wants to just comes up and dances with the bride or groom for 30 seconds. The best man/maid of honor collect a dollar or whatever you want to give. This is a pretty established tradition that comes from European immigrants poors obviously.

I dislike the dancing/imposition on both sides of the equation.  I would much prefer to give/receive a nice gift that can be opened later than have to be harassed on the dance floor in exchange for filthy paper money.  That's how strip clubs operate.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 05, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »
you still get the gift bread.

it's not an either/or.

(i still agree that it's not fun)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 05, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »

it's not an either/or.

I know.  I don't want their paper money or their dance touches.  Just gifts later and party rocking now.  I'm not sure I understand the board divide on this one honestly.  #liveandlearn #acceptance
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 05, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »

it's not an either/or.

I know.  I don't want their paper money or their dance touches.  Just gifts later and party rocking now.  I'm not sure I understand the board divide on this one honestly.  #liveandlearn #acceptance

the old people (parents/grandparents/aunts) LOVE it though.  so i can kind of see doing it for them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 05, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »
It's just a nice way to say hi to the bride (or groom) and give them a little honeymoon cash. Looking down on it is a wannabe White Coastener thing.

Rusty is right here.  People can't possibly dislike things that they don't find enjoyable.  Clearly an attempt by all involved to be cool and something that they're not.  Bunch of posers.  I regret my involvement, don't know what I was thinking. 

to be fair, you did say it was for "poors". But I'm sure that was just about disliking an activity.

No I didn't.  I speculated it originated from poors.  Now it's just a stupid thing that people with or without money do. 

Everybody who wants to just comes up and dances with the bride or groom for 30 seconds. The best man/maid of honor collect a dollar or whatever you want to give. This is a pretty established tradition that comes from European immigrants poors obviously.

I dislike the dancing/imposition on both sides of the equation.  I would much prefer to give/receive a nice gift that can be opened later than have to be harassed on the dance floor in exchange for filthy paper money.  That's how strip clubs operate.

backtrack

also you don't have to participate. also I don't really like it either (because of the paper money and I usually don't want to talk to people).

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 05, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »
good then

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 05, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »
good then

I still think you were being a prick

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 05, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »
Having low thresholds for entertainment (which this is) is very midwestern-y.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 05, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
good then

there is no way to politely crap on someone else's tradition you contrary sonofabitch.  of course i was being a prick. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 05, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
good then

there is no way to politely crap on someone else's tradition you contrary sonofabitch.  of course i was being a prick. 

Did you have a receiving line?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 05, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »
no.  nondenominational ceremony took less than fifteen minutes by design.  the sole focus was fun for everyone at the reception.  did the table rounds by way of thanks/greeting.  no garter toss or bouquet toss.  did cut cake and have a first dance.  limited fanfare.  only two speeches (maid of honor/best man) both concise and sufficiently funny/endearing.  i actually had fun.   

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 05, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
no.  nondenominational ceremony took less than fifteen minutes by design.  the sole focus was fun for everyone at the reception.  did the table rounds by way of thanks/greeting.  no garter toss or bouquet toss.  did cut cake and have a first dance.  limited fanfare.  only two speeches (maid of honor/best man) both concise and sufficiently funny/endearing.  i actually had fun.   

wow, great wedding bread, you correctly took out all the stupid crap!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 05, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »

speeches and cake cutting are pretty stupid

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 05, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »
oh and also we didn't have a wedding party.  best man was her younger/only brother/sibling.  maid of honor was my younger/only sister/sibling.  that way our besties could just relax, watch for a bit in their own sweet duds and then get right to eating/drinking/partying down for free.  we figured if we were going to impose on somebody it might as well be our younger siblings.  also no hurt feelings over inclusion/exclusion if you have a lot of friends.  i recommend it.  they all sat in the back part of the big ass church we rented and I was able to flip them all off as we walked out without any collateral damage.  was a great way to go out.  eff you brajjes and brajjettes, let's do this or something.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 05, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »
  they all sat in the back part of the big ass church we rented and I was able to flip them all off as we walked out without any collateral damage.  was a great way to go out.  eff you brajjes and brajjettes, let's do this or something.

sounds rad

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 05, 2013, 06:43:41 PM »

i see more value (to the wedding participants) in both of those than any of the other crap he cut.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 05, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »

i see more value (to the wedding participants) in both of those than any of the other crap he cut.

meh, we opened up the open bar during and had appies being walked around so people could officially not give a eff about whatever bullshit we were up to if they were so inclined.  watch if you want to watch or ignore it and have fun.   

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 05, 2013, 06:50:27 PM »
  they all sat in the back part of the big ass church we rented and I was able to flip them all off as we walked out without any collateral damage.  was a great way to go out.  eff you brajjes and brajjettes, let's do this or something.

sounds rad

felt rad

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 05, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
'twas a subtle, unplanned bird.  right hand near the hip.  was really excited and that's what felt right at the moment.  I also did a face like this guy :D.  you should have seen it rusty.  it was so damn organic to the situ.  yolo bud.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 05, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
I'm really glad you got that moment, Mr. Bread.

When you get right down to it, it's really hard to come up with any aspect of a wedding other than "free" food and booze that isn't complete bullshit. Well, that and special moments.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: crap that white midwesterners like...
« Reply #820 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »

Welp.  Evidently Mr. Bread is Mrs. CNS. 

Love you, Hon.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
I mean weddings with the NBA lineup-esque wedding party introduction? GTFO

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03:08 PM »
if you were my irl friend and were at my wedding and i flipped you off at the church we would have grinned big as crap at each other and really just been perfectly happy in that one tiny moment.  would have been great.  i just know it.  i wish we could know that joy together.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 05, 2013, 07:04:19 PM »
if you were my irl friend and were at my wedding and i flipped you off at the church we would have grinned big as crap at each other and really just been perfectly happy in that one tiny moment.  would have been great.  i just know it.  i wish we could know that joy together.

I probably would have done the WWF "suck it" move back at you. And winked.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 06, 2013, 12:38:56 AM »

I probably would have done the WWF "suck it" move back at you. And winked.

absolutely adorbs, you two.