Author Topic: crap that white midwesterners like...  (Read 180782 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: crap that white midwesterners like...
« Reply #775 on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
Calling miracle whip mayonnaise

I use to think mayonnaise was just a gross midwesterny thing itself, but it is way worse in DC.

mayonnaise is probably the single most disgusting thing in the world.  also, lol @ michigancat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 05, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
lol

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 05, 2013, 03:45:17 PM »

I use to think mayonnaise was just a gross midwesterny thing itself, but it is way worse in DC.

mayonnaise is probably the single most disgusting thing in the world.  also, lol @ michigancat.

I like you sys, but you're wrong about mayonnaise.  Flat rough ridin' wrong.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 05, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »

tied with pickles
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 05, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
I've been to Illinois and Arizona weddings and there were no dollar dances.  Never heard of it.  Sounds terrible.

Why only those 2 places?

I've been to Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, California off the top of my head and each one had a dollar dance. It's not really a big deal. Everybody who wants to just comes up and dances with the bride or groom for 30 seconds. The best man/maid of honor collect a dollar or whatever you want to give. This is a pretty established tradition that comes from European immigrants.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 05, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
I've been to Illinois and Arizona weddings and there were no dollar dances.  Never heard of it.  Sounds terrible.

it is.

I've never been a part of this. A dance only costs 1 buck? What costs 1 buck anymore? Good deal for the buyer assuming the bride isn't some phat break dancer that just humiliates you on the d floor.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 05, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
Guys, you know what is really good with Siracha sauce?  Mayo.

WMW'ey?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 05, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »

Why only those 2 places?

I've been to Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, California off the top of my head and each one had a dollar dance. It's not really a big deal. Everybody who wants to just comes up and dances with the bride or groom for 30 seconds. The best man/maid of honor collect a dollar or whatever you want to give. This is a pretty established tradition that comes from European immigrants poors obviously.

How does that not sound terrible to you?  I wouldn't have wanted to do it at my wedding even if I knew it was a thing at the time.  Just awful for guests and marrieds alike.  I don't want to dance with the bride or groom when I'm a guest.  Never crossed my mind.  I want to get them a nice gift and party hardy. 

As far as why only those two places, I'm not the boss of where people I know get married. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 05, 2013, 04:20:50 PM »

Why only those 2 places?

I've been to Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, California off the top of my head and each one had a dollar dance. It's not really a big deal. Everybody who wants to just comes up and dances with the bride or groom for 30 seconds. The best man/maid of honor collect a dollar or whatever you want to give. This is a pretty established tradition that comes from European immigrants poors obviously.

How does that not sound terrible to you?  I wouldn't have wanted to do it at my wedding even if I knew it was a thing at the time.  Just awful for guests and marrieds alike.  I don't want to dance with the bride or groom when I'm a guest.  Never crossed my mind.  I want to get them a nice gift and party hardy. 

As far as why only those two places, I'm not the boss of where people I know get married.

Maybe no one wants to dance with the selfish married couple but then no one goes up there so people are forced to go pay $1 to dance with your sweaty asses just so you don't think your marriage is cursed and cry about it later.

I'm with Bread on this one, how dumb.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:32 PM »
i've been to a bunch of weddings in ok and ks and never witnessed a dollar dance thing

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 05, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »
My wife made over $1200 dollars on our dollar dance. I thought they should do it again! Also, if you are only giving a buck, then you are a jayhawk outted.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 05, 2013, 04:25:51 PM »
Yeah it's kind of a fun thing, I don't know why people are being stupid about it. gE.c I guess

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #787 on: June 05, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »
My wife made over $1200 dollars on our dollar dance. I thought they should do it again! Also, if you are only giving a buck, then you are a jayhawk outted.

It's called a dollar dance for a reason.  Anything more than that and your wife has a secret menu..

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 05, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
I was at a wedding where one of my friends married a stripper.  The dollar dance was VERY ironic.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 05, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
It's awkward to be a part of (as the groom) but I've willingly been a part of it many times as a midwesterner attending a bro's wedding.  Always give like $20 and if I can get the groom looking I squeeze her butt.   :fatty:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 05, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Sounds like a well-dressed gang rape. I wouldn't subject my made-up wife to this.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 05, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »
instead of giving the bride/groom a $1 bill to dance with them for 30 seconds you should give them a kick in the balls because thats what marriage is going to be like and theyre going to hate it.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 05, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
It's just a nice way to say hi to the bride (or groom) and give them a little honeymoon cash. Looking down on it is a wannabe White Coastener thing.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 05, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »
Guise did we discuss how midwesterners love "Chi-pol-tay" ??

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 05, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »
"Chi-pol-tay"

Mispronounced words thread.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 05, 2013, 04:48:09 PM »
It's just a nice way to say hi to the bride (or groom) and give them a little honeymoon cash. Looking down on it is a wannabe White Coastener thing.
agreed.. and we all know those crazy kids could use the cash, amirite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »

Rusty is right here.  People can't possibly dislike things that they don't find enjoyable.  Clearly an attempt by all involved to be cool and something that they're not.  Bunch of posers.  I regret my involvement, don't know what I was thinking. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 05, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »

Rusty is right here.  People can't possibly dislike things that they don't find enjoyable.  Clearly an attempt by all involved to be cool and something that they're not.  Bunch of posers.  I regret my involvement, don't know what I was thinking. 

to be fair, you did say it was for "poors". But I'm sure that was just about disliking an activity.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 05, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »

I used to say it that way until someone pointed out I was wrong. Now I call it "Chi-Pot-uhl" when I'm around them.