Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332223 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: EPL Thread For Arsenal Fans And I Guess Other Fans As Well
« Reply #2300 on: May 04, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »
Anfield? It's "a field", you illiterate gobshite fucks :dance:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »
Anfield? It's "a field", you illiterate gobshite fucks :dance:

Lol

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #2302 on: May 04, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
Also, you must have a pretty short memory if you already forgot we just had a 545 minute shutout streak which is the fourth best in league history (if I remember correctly).

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 04, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »
According to Robb, it's in his contract that if he were to return, he would retire a Sporting Kansas City player. :D :D

Sucks for Kei if that is true because he can play at that level in England and would make a lot more money too. Also surprised Norwich didn't keep him.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 04, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »
According to Robb, it's in his contract that if he were to return, he would retire a Sporting Kansas City player. :D :D

Sucks for Kei if that is true because he can play at that level in England and would make a lot more money too. Also surprised Norwich didn't keep him.

If Kei returns in May, his contract is extended and we will work in earnest to sign him to a deal that keeps him with the club through the end of his career.

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2013/01/letter-robb-heineman

So I guess not in stone. That's Robb's goal.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 04, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »
Another thing that makes this interesting is that Norwich are only three points clear of the relegation zone. Letting a forward go for the final two games seems risky even though he only has one goal.

EDIT: Guess I'm misreading the situation...

Mike Kuhn ?@downthebyline 15s
That said w/ Norwich still in the heat of the relegation battle they don't wanna lock up another player if they're gonna relegate
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:55:20 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 04, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
JoeHallsTutor and other Tottenham fans:

Do you think Bale will move if you don't qualify for the Champions League? Do you think he moves even if you do? Where do you think he'll will move to? Real Madrid?

Also, do you think you'll try to get Modric back? I've heard rumblings of that. Seems like a Real Madrid bust, and he was a total stud at White Hart Lane.

i'm operating on the assumption he's gone soon, any additional season(s) we get out of him are a gift.  not entirely sure if it matters even if we do sneak in this year - i can't see this squad making any waves in the CL next year anyways.  no idea where he'd go, but hard to picture him leaving the epl.  someone will throw some ridiculous money at him.

don't see us taking modric back, but would take in a second.  never been bashful about saying it, but probably my favorite spur ever.  top 3 definitely.

i'll be curious to see what we look like for next season.  defensively i don't mind some of the changes in personnel & formation, but i've been underwhelmed by the middle & final third this year.  just never seems to be anything too creative going on when it's not bale, lennon, or walker streaking up the wing.  i like our personnel (bringing in dembele after modric's departure was great), but don't like this reliance on speed/brute force.  totally different team when they're not available.

i guess at the end of the day, being in contention for a top 4 finish at this point in the year isn't all bad tho  :cool:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 04, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »
It's May 2nd. We find out Kei's fate in four days...  :ohno:

even in Norwich doesn't keep him he will be sold to an English side, but i have a feeling Norwich is keeping him.

WHAT NOW [redacted] :excited: :excited: :excited:

Also is ticketmaster my best bet for tickets or are there discount avenues? I'm thinking of possibly driving to KC for my first visit to Sporting Park tomorrow.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 04, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
man, what a great freaking day!  :party:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 04, 2013, 03:11:59 PM »

even in Norwich doesn't keep him he will be sold to an English side, but i have a feeling Norwich is keeping him.

Also is ticketmaster my best bet for tickets or are there discount avenues? I'm thinking of possibly driving to KC for my first visit to Sporting Park tomorrow.

What section are you thinking? South Stand or Cauldron? Cauldron is out of tickets on their website.

I would go South Stand if this is your first visit. I usually go Cauldron and buy my tickets way ahead of time off their website.

Idk of any other good way of getting tickets. You'd have to wait for someone else to respond.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: May 04, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »

What section are you thinking? South Stand or Cauldron? Cauldron is out of tickets on their website.

I would go South Stand if this is your first visit. I usually go Cauldron and buy my tickets way ahead of time off their website.

Idk of any other good way of getting tickets. You'd have to wait for someone else to respond.

South Stand I guess although I'm surprised to see tickets available in every section outside of the Cauldron available, I just don't want to pay the absurd ticketmaster fees. I suppose I can buy at the window. Who is going? If there is pak potential I won't bring my intern because I don't particularly care for him.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 04, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »

South Stand I guess although I'm surprised to see tickets available in every section outside of the Cauldron available, I just don't want to pay the absurd ticketmaster fees. I suppose I can buy at the window. Who is going? If there is pak potential I won't bring my intern because I don't particularly care for him.

I will not be there. The reason I buy from the Cauldron's site is they waive the ticketmaster fees if you pay a 20 dollar member ship fee. 24 dollar Cauldron tix is a great deal. Look into that in the future. It's a blast. We're allowed to buy a maximum of two that way. I usually only buy one cause when I go, I sit with my buddy who has season tix. I could use my second to buy you one if you wanted. :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 04, 2013, 05:09:47 PM »

I will not be there. The reason I buy from the Cauldron's site is they waive the ticketmaster fees if you pay a 20 dollar member ship fee. 24 dollar Cauldron tix is a great deal. Look into that in the future. It's a blast. We're allowed to buy a maximum of two that way. I usually only buy one cause when I go, I sit with my buddy who has season tix. I could use my second to buy you one if you wanted. :dunno:

ooh I may take you up on that, when do you need to know by?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 04, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »

ooh I may take you up on that, when do you need to know by?

I can't get one for you tomorrow. They're sold out. I meant for a future game. I would just need to know before they sellout here:

https://www.kccauldron.com/cauldron-shop/tickets.cfm

I could just email you the ticket and you could pay me via PayPal I guess? (If you ever want to do that)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 04, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »
great, thank you!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 04, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »
He did say, though, that Kansas City would be weighing other offers from abroad if Norwich decided not to exercise its option.

“There are other teams out there that have contacted the league and are interested,” Vermes said. “So I think what will happen is that we'll be dealing with those situations. But in the meantime, that then becomes a discussion with Kei and what he wants to do. And then the other piece of it is whether or not the offers are worthwhile for us as well. But in the meantime, he's back playing with us, which was always the plan from the beginning.”

Scott may end up being right after all...  :blindfold:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 04, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
He did say, though, that Kansas City would be weighing other offers from abroad if Norwich decided not to exercise its option.

“There are other teams out there that have contacted the league and are interested,” Vermes said. “So I think what will happen is that we'll be dealing with those situations. But in the meantime, that then becomes a discussion with Kei and what he wants to do. And then the other piece of it is whether or not the offers are worthwhile for us as well. But in the meantime, he's back playing with us, which was always the plan from the beginning.”

Scott may end up being right after all...  :blindfold:

We will have him until the European transfer window opens back up.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 04, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
http://epltalk.com/2012/10/30/after-losing-epl-to-nbc-what-will-happen-to-fox-soccer/

Also it looks like beIN had the rights to the Championship.

RIP Fox Soccer.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 04, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
League Championship Playoffs:

Watford vs. Leicester
Brighton vs. Crystal Palace
I like Crystal Palace because I mean that name is just beautiful.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 04, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »
I wish broXcore still posted here. He would've loved that Bale howler today.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 04, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
I really missed the "because we got Kai" song at SP.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 04, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »
I wish broXcore still posted here. He would've loved that Bale howler today.

Ya why did he stop posting?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
http://epltalk.com/2012/10/30/after-losing-epl-to-nbc-what-will-happen-to-fox-soccer/

Also it looks like beIN had the rights to the Championship.

RIP Fox Soccer.

Wow, who will pick up the FA Cup, UCL and CCL??

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 04, 2013, 10:10:02 PM »
Goddamn, I wish Cox got beIN Sport. Sounds like a great channel. I may be switching to ATT U-Verse in the fall. Maybe they'll have it.  :ohno: