Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331680 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
We're sticking with arsenal jvon. They are closer to the hotel I'm staying at in November.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
We're sticking with arsenal jvon. They are closer to the hotel I'm staying at in November.
I think a purple jersey would be a great auction item at Fattyfest 2013? Get it autographed?

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile

sold.  Huge arsenal fan over here.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
I went to the Roma game at Wrigley. It was neat. Micheal Bradley played  :eye:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This isn't a baseball thread squawk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
i don't give 2 craps about friendlies.
If you were as big of a fan of the Arsenal as sd is, you'd love the hell out of friendlies.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
montpellier tonight

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
montpellier tonight

I am not a fan of friendlies. Unless we bring in a team that I support in Europe such as Chelsea or Celtic I probably wouldn't go to a friendly. Maybe if i lived in KC, and not MHK I would think about it a little harder about going but...Montpellier....eh...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what do you guys plan on doing today to become better arsenal fans?  I'm going to study some of their best plays and draw up some of my own for them to use.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
First play:

my arsenal guys are driving down the middle of the field.  the middle guy has the ball.  he's doing a ton of medium kicks and running up behind the ball and doing another medium kick, etc. at full speed.  there are two arsenal guys next to him (one each side).  when the other team starts to bunch up their guys in the middle to stop our middle guy he pretends like, "here comes another medium kick!" and instead his foot goes right next to the ball and he barrels into the other teams guys knocking them all down.  my side guys then both turn towards the ball and each get to it at about the same time.  "which one of them will have it?" the other team asks.  that's for arsenal to know idiots.  whichever one gets the ball goes straight up the field for the score because all the other guys either got smashed by our middle guy or followed our side guy that fakes like he's going to get the ball.  also their goalie is all, "OH NO, MY DUDES ALL GOT SMASHED OR FAKED!" so he doesn't even try to stop the arsenal goal kick. 

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
First play:

my arsenal guys are driving down the middle of the field.  the middle guy has the ball.  he's doing a ton of medium kicks and running up behind the ball and doing another medium kick, etc. at full speed.  there are two arsenal guys next to him (one each side).  when the other team starts to bunch up their guys in the middle to stop our middle guy he pretends like, "here comes another medium kick!" and instead his foot goes right next to the ball and he barrels into the other teams guys knocking them all down.  my side guys then both turn towards the ball and each get to it at about the same time.  "which one of them will have it?" the other team asks.  that's for arsenal to know idiots.  whichever one gets the ball goes straight up the field for the score because all the other guys either got smashed by our middle guy or followed our side guy that fakes like he's going to get the ball.  also their goalie is all, "OH NO, MY DUDES ALL GOT SMASHED OR FAKED!" so he doesn't even try to stop the arsenal goal kick.
Clearly you have opened up the playbook. Arsenal will win the whole damned thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 24, 2012, 11:04:22 AM »
Say something saying that Colin wasn't going to be available.  We just gonna field the second teamers and Convey?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »
Say something saying that Colin wasn't going to be available.  We just gonna field the second teamers and Convey?

Colin, Zus, and Jimmy are in Philly for the All-Star game. You will see some of the first team for 45 minutes, Convey will go 60. Guys like Soony and Dom will get a lot of time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
second play:

free kick time.  our arsenal guy is doing one of those shoot out deals.  the goalie we are playing is some kind of freak goalie who nobody can score on.  well...until now.  our favorite team arsenal sends in their best kicker, Boots Lagrange.  he runs up to the ball like he's going to boot it hard but instead does a tiny little kick.  the goalie initially moves to block the hard kick but then realizes it's a tiny little baby kick and starts laughing while jogging up to the ball to grab it.  little does he know that Boots is still running full speed and gets to the ball before him and does ANOTHER kick this time right between his legs into the net.  arsenal party time once again bros. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chelsea FC--SW London

European Champions
FA Cup Champions
Pride of London

Playing in the UEFA Super Cup August 31st, FA Community Shield August 12th, FIFA Club World Cup all season, Champions League, EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup.

Most likely going to win 3 or more trophies this year. Are you sure Arsenal is your club steve dave?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chelsea FC--SW London

European Champions
FA Cup Champions
Pride of London

Playing in the UEFA Super Cup August 31st, FA Community Shield August 12th, FIFA Club World Cup all season, Champions League, EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup.

Most likely going to win 3 or more trophies this year. Are you sure Arsenal is your club steve dave?

is this team owned by the USA?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chelsea FC--SW London

European Champions
FA Cup Champions
Pride of London

is this team owned by the USA?

Russian Billionaire  :kstategrad:

But The USA has 12 different Chelsea FC fan clubs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pffftttt, russians.  the smelliest country.  jvon, what do you know about this team?  I think their colors are orange and white. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Champions!!

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
pffftttt, russians.  the smelliest country.  jvon, what do you know about this team?  I think their colors are orange and white.

They are the best looking team in London bar none.  I've never been a fan of Sagna's hair though

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They are the best looking team in London bar none.  I've never been a fan of Sagna's hair though

best looking huh....hmmmm.  should we switch to these guys?  I've already sent my secret plays to Arsenal but I can devise counter measures that could stop either one of them.  wouldn't even be hard.  kind of pud actually. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 24, 2012, 01:55:11 PM »
it's a meaningless exhibition.  no thx.  enjoy the heat.  sucker ass bitches.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 24, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »
The Yard House has gotta love the Friendlies, right?  I mean, I drop like $150 there before a regular game that I want to actually show up on time for.