Author Topic: Nosy Neighbors  (Read 18066 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nosy Neighbors
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »
Does anybody else have to deal with this? If so, how do you deal with it?

I had a neighbor show up at my door yesterday to tell me that my yard wasn't green enough and that I was driving his property value down. I told him he should go grow cucumbers and eff himself. Did I handle this correctly, or should I have done something different?

Thanks.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Nosy Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
you didn't really say that and if you did you're a dumbass.  one of the few things men have in this world is their lawn, make it rough ridin' nice.  do it.  your neighbor was right.  /thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
fescue or blue grass?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:12:19 PM »
I would just reply with something like, "Yeah, well then I want you to replace your shingles."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
fescue or blue grass?

I don't even know. I rent. I'll be damned if I'm going to worry about the value of a property I don't even own.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
you didn't really say that and if you did you're a dumbass.  one of the few things men have in this world is their lawn, make it rough ridin' nice.  do it.  your neighbor was right.  /thread

My neighbor is a dumbass. This isn't the first time I've spoken to him. His yard isn't even that nice, and if he wants to tell his neighbors how to manage their homes, he should move somewhere with an HOA.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »
fescue or blue grass?

I don't even know. I rent. I'll be damned if I'm going to worry about the value of a property I don't even own.
sorry Nuts Kicked, I thought you owned the damned place.  eff that guy.  you did the RIGHT thing.  /thread

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »
fescue or blue grass?

Surely he knows that your joint is a rental.  What a dumbass.

Also, some Fescue is still dormant.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »

My neighbor is a dumbass. This isn't the first time I've spoken to him. His yard isn't even that nice, and if he wants to tell his neighbors how to manage their homes, he should move somewhere with an HOA.

FWIW, living in a HOA is essentially admitting you're living in a middle class trailer park.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 01:20:02 PM »
How big is your back yard?  Are there many utilities back there?  Do you own a shovel?  Do you own a gun or do you know how to choke some one out, maybe Trim will help.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 01:20:09 PM »

FWIW, living in a HOA is essentially admitting you're living in a middle class trailer park.

:facepalm:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »

ya, that's a good one. well done 06.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »
who rents a house?

lol, poor people do.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »
I have people.  they do a bang up job.  thanks people. 

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 01:47:48 PM »

If you're so worried that your neighbors are the type of people who will create neighborhood eyesores that you agree to give up property rights to a HOA, you're essentially admitting you live in an area that is in no way exclusive. It's middle class people pretending to be upper class. Upper class people don't worry about crap like that because they live in places that Redneck Joe could never afford/want to live.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
My hood has a HOA.  I agree it's basically blood in the streets gang warfare around here.  Hopefully some day I can get out. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »

If you're so worried that your neighbors are the type of people who will create neighborhood eyesores that you agree to give up property rights to a HOA, you're essentially admitting you live in an area that is in no way exclusive. It's middle class people pretending to be upper class. Upper class people don't worry about crap like that because they live in places that Redneck Joe could never afford/want to live.

LOL at you for thinking that rich don't deal with HOAs.  Rich neighborhood HOA's are damn near police states. 

When you get a job, ask your boss about his HOA(assuming you aren't going to be working in a hayseed-oriented industry).

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

LOL at you for thinking that rich don't deal with HOAs.  Rich neighborhood HOA's are damn near police states. 

When you get a job, ask your boss about his HOA(assuming you aren't going to be working in a hayseed-oriented industry).

I have a nicer house than my boss  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 01:58:10 PM »
do you live, like, on a farm?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
double wide?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »
Go buy some fertilizer for your lawn.  Don't worry about what kind because you don't give a crap anyway and it would be better if you bought the wrong kind.  Put the spreader on a high number so it comes out nice and heavy.  Make sure that when you fertilize the fertilizer goes in his lawn too.  When your lawn starts to burn up and turn yellow in a couple of days be sure to  practice the "man, I must have over fertilized" look.  Use this look when he comes over bitching that your lawn is yellow.  Tell him that you tried to do what he wanted.  He won't bug you again.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
or burn his house down with him in it

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »

Nope, a few acres just outside the city limits.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »

Nope, a few acres just outside the city limits.

HA!  I knew it. farm.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 02:03:59 PM »
Not all "rich" people want to live on farms, wear overalls, and raise pigs.  Sorry.