Author Topic: Nosy Neighbors  (Read 18065 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Nosy Neighbors
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
how many chickens do you have?  like, more than a million?

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »
do you live, like, on a farm?

Nope, a few acres just outside the city limits.

HA!  I knew it. farm.

Indeed. The crop of bluegrass has already been cut twice this year.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
Not all "rich" people want to live on farms, wear overalls, and raise pigs.  Sorry.

HOA's aren't a question of being rich or poor, it's a question of middle class vs. upper class. This is probably lost on a board with such low class inhabitants though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
Not all "rich" people want to live on farms, wear overalls, and raise pigs.  Sorry.

HOA's aren't a question of being rich or poor, it's a question of middle class vs. upper class. This is probably lost on a board with such low class inhabitants though.

Quote from:  your prized show pig
oink, oink

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »
hey guys quit derailing this thread

the topic at hand is NOSY NEIGHBORS, not where wildcat06 lives ok

i swear sometimes i just don't know what to do about this place

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
I have a HOA and it's awesome. Never have to do anything to the stupid lawn.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »

Name the absolute nicest, highest end, neighborhood in your city.  They have an HOA.  Guarantee.  

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »

you've lost, again.  i like you though because you don't know when you've lost and fail to give up.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 02:16:45 PM »

Name the absolute nicest, highest end, neighborhood in your city.  They have an HOA.  Guarantee.  

Stop conflating wealth with class, dumbass.

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 02:18:13 PM »
I had a nosy neighbor that tried to put up a camera aimed at our garage!  I told her to take it down or I'd call the cops.  She didn't, so I called the cops and she took it down.  Then, she started calling the cops on our dog who slept INSIDE every single night.  So, the cops told us to file a complaint against her.  Then one day, my dog was in the backyard....and then she wasn't.  Have never seen the dog since.  We moved promptly.  

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »

you didn't really say that and if you did you're a dumbass.  one of the few things men have in this world is their lawn, make it rough ridin' nice.  do it.  your neighbor was right.  /thread

My neighbor is a dumbass. This isn't the first time I've spoken to him. His yard isn't even that nice, and if he wants to tell his neighbors how to manage their homes, he should move somewhere with an HOA.

FWIW, living in a HOA is essentially admitting you're living in a middle class trailer park.

Proponent of ending the use of "the R word"?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »
I had a nosy neighbor that tried to put up a camera aimed at our garage!  I told her to take it down or I'd call the cops.  She didn't, so I called the cops and she took it down.  Then, she started calling the cops on our dog who slept INSIDE every single night.  So, the cops told us to file a complaint against her.  Then one day, my dog was in the backyard....and then she wasn't.  Have never seen the dog since.  We moved promptly.  

:surprised:

When ever my wife and I get in the hot tub at night, my neighbor immediately goes into his back yard and around his back fence(next to our back fence) where he is hidden in the dark but has a full view of my back yard*.

*do not live next to Fitz.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
HOA's are the devils spawn.  Often it's not the association that's the problem. It's usually the property management companies are run by morons.  

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »
anybody in here know 06wildcat?  he left his barn door open, the animals are getting out.

:lol:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »

:surprised:

When ever my wife and I get in the hot tub at night, my neighbor immediately goes into his back yard and around his back fence(next to our back fence) where he is hidden in the dark but has a full view of my back yard*.

*do not live next to Fitz.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
HOA sound bad until you visit a neighborhood without them. My HOA is pretty hands off, but I don't have to deal with people parking their cars in the lawn, 1e6 gnomes and flamingos spicing up the front, or 10 bags of trash by the back porch.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

you didn't really say that and if you did you're a dumbass.  one of the few things men have in this world is their lawn, make it rough ridin' nice.  do it.  your neighbor was right.  /thread

My neighbor is a dumbass. This isn't the first time I've spoken to him. His yard isn't even that nice, and if he wants to tell his neighbors how to manage their homes, he should move somewhere with an HOA.

FWIW, living in a HOA is essentially admitting you're living in a middle class trailer park.

If your HOA has rules in it about the height of your grass, where your vehicle can be parked, what color you can paint your house etc. You live in a middle class trailer park.

I realize that the definition of upper class is quite different in Kansas than it is back east, but I actually know people that are appalled at the thought of living among people for which such rules would be though necessary.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
you didn't really say that and if you did you're a dumbass.  one of the few things men have in this world is their lawn, make it effing nice.  do it.  your neighbor was right.  /thread

Did you mean KOA?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »
who rents a house?

lol, poor people do.

Young people who don't want to hassle with buying a house that they'll probably only live in for 3-4 years do, too.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »

If your HOA has rules in it about the height of your grass, where your vehicle can be parked, what color you can paint your house etc. You live in a middle class trailer park.

I realize that the definition of upper class is quite different in Kansas than it is back east, but I actually know people that are appalled at the thought of living among people for which such rules would be though necessary.

:opcat:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 02:41:36 PM »

Pfft.

once you get to a certain level, you are splitting hairs, bro.  If you are trying to make this about the Kennedy Compound, or some crap you are just twisting the subject.  You find one group of "upper class" people who live in close proximity of each other and I will show you an HOA that gives more than a crap about what goes down in their neighborhood and how it goes down.  Has absolutely zero to do with where you live in the country.  

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
who rents a house?

lol, poor people do.

Young people who don't want to hassle with buying a house that they'll probably only live in for 3-4 years do, too.

Bro, buy a house.  Do it now.  you will not find a cheaper time to do so and will def make money on it in 3-4 yrs.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
HOA sound bad until you visit a neighborhood without them. My HOA is pretty hands off, but I don't have to deal with people parking their cars in the lawn, 1e6 gnomes and flamingos spicing up the front, or 10 bags of trash by the back porch.
please tell me you did this to mean a million.  :crossfingers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 02:49:31 PM »

you just pile your cow crap wherever you want bro, nobody there to stop you.  

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »
who rents a house?

lol, poor people do.

Bro, buy a house.  Do it now.  you will not find a cheaper time to do so and will def make money on it in 3-4 yrs.

I'm only about 1.5 years out of college and don't have a ton of money saved up for much of a down payment. Pretty  :ohno: about moving and having to leave the house on the market for 6+ months when I move, but maybe I shouldn't worry as much.

It just seems to me that the interest paid on $90,000 plus the cost of all of the appliances, actually upkeeping the yard and maintaining the house would pretty much break even with paying rent for a couple of years. I would make money if I could sell the house easily, but aren't prices low right now because houses are hard to sell?