Author Topic: If you hate Sean Snyder as a coach then you hate KSU  (Read 13782 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
If you hate Sean Snyder as a coach then you hate KSU
« on: April 08, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
I've had it with some of you posters who spend all of your time talking negatively about the Sean Snyder hiring.  You know nothing.

Sean Snyder bleeds purple and has been around football his entire life.  Dare I ask some of you haters why is he NOT qualified?  Because he's weird looking?   Does not compute.

He's an All-American and is in our Ring of Honor.  He won more bowl games than any other player to wear a K-State uniform.  The man is a spawn of a coaching legend and has spent more time than anyone learning what it takes to win at Kansas State.  Personally I cannot wait to see the fruits of Sean's labor for many years to come and hopefully,  :pray:  hopefully, he takes over if and when his old man decides to step away from the purple playbook and take a seat in the stadium which bears his name.

A message to all the haters:  Step the **** back and go route for some other team because you're no Wildcat that I know. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: If you hate Sean Snyder as a coach then you hate KSU
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »
 :dubious:

I see what you did there.

Offline Branson Bound

• Good Christian Fan
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
I trust LHC Bill Snyder. If Bill thinks Sean can do the job, then he can do the job.
GET WELL SOON RANDY!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:35:22 AM »
I trust LHC Bill Snyder. If Bill thinks Sean can do the job, then he can do the job.

Bill thinks Cosh can do his job.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
I like fake clams better

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »
Fantastic post pissclams, thanks for shutting up the haters! Thoughts and prayers.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13:16 AM »

Agreed. LHC Bill Snyder has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know.  Mainly because he has forgotten almost everything.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

Not ready to throw Cosh completely under the bus just based upon last years D.  He really was working with very little when you consider the 2 corners were walk-ons, 2 safeties were QB converts, best LB was a walk-on (and got injured), best DT was a TE convert out of Juco, and there was no LB & DL depth.  Can some of this be balmed on Cosh & Co recruiting whiffs? Yes.  But a lot can be blamed on the Prince Juco recruiting 2 years earlier.  Keoning left, but also some of the best players from the prior year's D graduated.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »

Not ready to throw Cosh completely under the bus just based upon last years D.  He really was working with very little when you consider the 2 corners were walk-ons, 2 safeties were QB converts, best LB was a walk-on (and got injured), best DT was a TE convert out of Juco, and there was no LB & DL depth.  Can some of this be balmed on Cosh & Co recruiting whiffs? Yes.  But a lot can be blamed on the Prince Juco recruiting 2 years earlier.  Keoning left, but also some of the best players from the prior year's D graduated.

You should do more riding of buses rather than talking about throwing people under, you drunk bad person.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
No hate here, only anger...and if your not angry then you are not a cat fan!!!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »

Not ready to throw Cosh completely under the bus just based upon last years D.  He really was working with very little when you consider the 2 corners were walk-ons, 2 safeties were QB converts, best LB was a walk-on (and got injured), best DT was a TE convert out of Juco, and there was no LB & DL depth.  Can some of this be balmed on Cosh & Co recruiting whiffs? Yes.  But a lot can be blamed on the Prince Juco recruiting 2 years earlier.  Keoning left, but also some of the best players from the prior year's D graduated.

just the booze talking.  I am sure of it.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »

Not ready to throw Cosh completely under the bus just based upon last years D.  He really was working with very little when you consider the 2 corners were walk-ons, 2 safeties were QB converts, best LB was a walk-on (and got injured), best DT was a TE convert out of Juco, and there was no LB & DL depth.  Can some of this be balmed on Cosh & Co recruiting whiffs? Yes.  But a lot can be blamed on the Prince Juco recruiting 2 years earlier.  Keoning left, but also some of the best players from the prior year's D graduated.

You should do more riding of buses rather than talking about throwing people under, you drunk bad person.

Beware of overpasses.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »

Beware of overpasses.

:horrorsurprise:     :popcorn:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »
Yup, 1000%.
Sure it's fun for me to come over to the football board every 6 months or so and read the posts of our collection of arm chair quarterbacks and Madden football experts.  Their opinions are so valuable and translate into so much when our, o-u-r, team puts the pads on. 

Enlightenment isn't this board's strong suit. 

Also, in my original post I put
A message to all the haters:  Step the **** back and go route for some other team because you're no Wildcat that I know.

I mean to type "root", i'm sure that slip up confused a lot of the board's resident haters.  Sorry for that, not. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »
I can't tell who is serious and who is not in this thread. It's like visiting a fake Christian fundamentalist website and not being able to tell it's a parody.  :confused:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »
I can't tell who is serious and who is not in this thread. It's like visiting a fake Christian fundamentalist website and not being able to tell it's a parody.  :confused:

You're gonna have to get that looked at.  May be terminal.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »

I just reported you to the mods.  Na na na boo-boo.   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
Stop being mean Trim.

//*no warning issued*//

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »
Stop being mean Trim.

//*no warning issued*//

Cornrich knows about what I'm dealing with over here.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 05:55:15 PM »
I firmly with Team Queso Completion Percentage on this one. Wherever that eff that is (prolly the endzone lol).
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »

Don't you dare.  Don't you rough ridin' dare.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »
MANHATAN, Kan. - You've heard of 4-3 and 3-4 defenses, but when it comes to coaching staffs, Kansas State has gone to a 4-4-1 system as opposed to last year's 5-4 look.

In 2010, K-State sent five offensive coaches to the practice field and four on defense. This year's look will have four on offense, another quartet on defense, plus a new special teams coordinator in Sean Snyder.

Keith Burns (secondary coach) and Ricky Rahne (tight ends coach) left the Wildcat camp after the 2010 season with Tom Hayes filling the vacancy on defense, and Snyder joining the staff to tutor the punters, kickers and return teams.

"This is something I've wanted to take a try at for a number of years, but the timing was never quite right for a smooth transition for the entire program," said Snyder, who has served as director of football operations for the last 16 years. "With Inge (Jorgensen, coordinator of football administration) accepting more and more responsibility over the last four years, and with the rest of the support staff doing a phenomenal job, the structure of the operation is now on very solid ground."

After punting for the Wildcats in 1991 and 1992, Snyder has grown in responsibilities through the years starting as a part-time assistant coach from 1994-96, director of football operations from 1996-99, assistant athletic director/football operations from 1999-2001, associate athletic director/football operations from 2001-2008 and senior associate athletic director/football operations in 2009-2010.

In addition, through the years Snyder has filled a coaching/recruiting void on occasion while the program was in the process of replacing an assistant coach who had left the program.

Coach LHC Bill Snyder said of his son's importance to the program, "Sean knows more about Kansas State football and how it fits in this environment, and in this community, and within this university than anyone, myself included."

With all of the above, the younger Snyder says, "I've enjoyed every bit of it. I love coaching kids, but I've also enjoyed the administration and operations side because there is such an array of things that you do in terms of problem solving whether that be helping a kid that has gotten in a bind, helping a kid with his professional future, to making sure the buses in New York City (Pinstripe Bowl) are where they need to be. When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best. I enjoy figuring out situations and preventing problems."

But being a fulltime coach is, in Snyder's words, "... something I've always wanted to take a full swing at."

That's especially true within a Wildcat program where the special teams area has carried an equal importance as offense and defense.

"Dad (coach LHC Bill Snyder) has always put a strong emphasis on special teams and that will never change," said Snyder. "It's been a point of emphasis to always have good kickers, good punters and good snappers. It's been a point of emphasis that the players have bought in to. When it's important to the players then you have a good chance of being successful."

He continued, "It's that part of the game if you overlook it, it can kill you. You can win games with it, but just as quickly you can lose games with it."

A year ago, Dana Dimel handled the kickoff returns, Burns coached the kickoffs, Joe Bob Clements tutored the punt and punt return games, Charlie Dickey the field goals and Chris Cosh the field goal blocks. This year all areas will be under Snyder's watch.

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »
That article is rough ridin' terrifying.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »
"When bullets are flying, that's when I am at my best..."

Spotless rims.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »
That article is effing terrifying.

:ohno: