Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 205323 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
I honestly haven't heard a KU fan complain about sharing the title, although I've seen plenty of K-State fans respond to things they think KU fans are going to say.

same. i do think there's a good portion of their fans that are more on the casual side that probably just don't know that a couple were shared. doesn't really matter, was just funny to hear BITB lay into the softball that was this caller.
I think something happened in real life which provoked him.  There were a few hints.  He mentioned something about 'it' bleeding over between show and reality, mentioned something about an interaction in a bar (810 zone?) and there was one other hint.  I bet some tuck KU fan mouthed off to him and got under his skin.

Nope, I bet it was his in-laws or golfing buddies and it was in response to something stupid he said.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
I honestly haven't heard a KU fan complain about sharing the title, although I've seen plenty of K-State fans respond to things they think KU fans are going to say.

same. i do think there's a good portion of their fans that are more on the casual side that probably just don't know that a couple were shared. doesn't really matter, was just funny to hear BITB lay into the softball that was this caller.
I think something happened in real life which provoked him.  There were a few hints.  He mentioned something about 'it' bleeding over between show and reality, mentioned something about an interaction in a bar (810 zone?) and there was one other hint.  I bet some tuck KU fan mouthed off to him and got under his skin.

Nope, I bet it was his in-laws or golfing buddies and it was in response to something stupid he said.

He was probably just inspired by Dreiling's chart that showed you what to say when a KU fan attacks you about a shared title.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
If you are KU fan, you should be praying that you share the title with K-State, because you'll never ever have to listen to KSU fans giving you crap about "shared titles" again....AND you still get to hang a banner!!!!!!!!

That, my friends, is what they call a win-win.

They are way too stupid and defensive to figure this out.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

He was probably just inspired by Dreiling's chart that showed you what to say when a KU fan attacks you about a shared title.

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2013, 07:32:42 PM »
Part of the magic of BITB is that I'm not even sure he always knows when he's BITBing and when he's not BITBing.

That's what makes him BITB.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2013, 07:49:24 PM »
Part of the magic of BITB is that I'm not even sure he always knows when he's BITBing and when he's not BITBing.

that's probably true, i just like to imagine that he always knows what he's doing and is just sitting there grinning his ass off.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »

that's probably true, i just like to imagine that he always knows what he's doing and is just sitting there grinning his ass off.

probably shooting a hoop on his over the door nerf goal, looking at BITB sidekick clinkscale
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »
he's just a dumbass, he's not the best at anything.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »

sys, do you like fun?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »

His in-laws are pretty WT.  I doubt he cares much about them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
sys, do you like fun?

yes, fun is great.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »

His in-laws are pretty WT.

so they are KU fans, no? I know his mistress wife is

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2013, 11:51:39 PM »

ummm in college basketball the officials start the clock the last 2 minutes with that little box on their belt
[/quote]

Ummmm...no.

Section 9. Start Game Clock
Art. 1. After time has been out, the game clock shall be started when the official signals time in. When the official neglects to signal, the official timer shall be authorized to start the game clock unless an official specifically signals that time shall continue to be out.

What you are likely referring to is Precision Timing Technology which is not a "box on their belt" but a microphone that senses the frequency content and level of an official's whistle and starts/stops the game clock using a microprocessor operating on a wireless spectrum.  The NCAA is still evaluating this technology and it is not widely used and NOT in the tournament.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2013, 11:54:49 PM »

Did anyone else print that out, laminate it, and put it in their velcro wallet?  :dunno:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »

ummm in college basketball the officials start the clock the last 2 minutes with that little box on their belt

Ummmm...no.

Art. 1. After time has been out, the game clock shall be started when the official signals in. When the official neglects to signal, the official timer shall be authorized to start the game clock unless an official specifically signals that time shall continue to be out.

What you are likely referring to is Precision Timing Technology which is not a "box on their belt" but a microphone that senses the frequency content and level of an official's whistle and starts/stops the game clock using a microprocessor operating on a wireless spectrum.  The NCAA is still evaluating this technology and it is not widely used and NOT in the tournament.

[/quote]

Hmm, guess I had that backwards. The precision timer is a box on the belt of each official btw. The box is where the mic is that sends the signal to the scoreboard. I didn't know that the pts wasn't used during the tournament. Seems dumb given the system is used throughout the regular season and in conference tournaments, even some high schools use this technology.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2013, 08:58:32 AM »
If the title is shared so be it, those are the rules. Doesn't bother me.  I do wonder if in the future the big XII will change the title rule to have tiebreakers since the schedule is balanced now? Probably not, I think they just like giving out trophies.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
If the title is shared so be it, those are the rules. Doesn't bother me.  I do wonder if in the future the big XII will change the title rule to have tiebreakers since the schedule is balanced now? Probably not, I think they just like giving out trophies.

why would any coach or ad vote to change the rule?  they get paid to deliver trophs, not make changes to the conference that could cost them trophs.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »

sys, do you like fun?
No. He hates everything and everyone. I bet he PI's his wife in the sack.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »

why would any coach or ad vote to change the rule?  they get paid to deliver trophs, not make changes to the conference that could cost them trophs.

ku fans have no concept of job responsibilities. Except putting extra cheese on my sandwich.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2013, 10:44:25 AM »

Clams once again you nail it.  It does not make sense for their job security, but from a common sense stand point it makes perfect sense.  Oh, that is why it won't happen, it would require common sense.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »

Ummmm...no.

Art. 1. After time has been out, the game clock shall be started when the official signals time in. When the official neglects to signal, the official timer shall be authorized to start the game clock unless an official specifically signals that time shall continue to be out.

[/quote]

What whistle?   Clock starts on inbound when player touches the ball.  There isn't a whistle when the players first touch the ball.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2013, 01:10:15 PM »

sys, do you like fun?

This created a quite funny mental image.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »

sys, do you like fun?

"Your mom is a sock and I'm the foot"
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:21 PM »

sys, do you like fun?

"Your mom is a sock and I'm the foot"

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »
What whistle?   Clock starts on inbound when player touches the ball.  There isn't a whistle when the players first touch the ball.

Good point...to clarify:

The PRECISION TIME SYSTEM has three equally important components:

1. Base Station,which is designed to interface with all existing arena, stadium, coliseum and gymnasium time-keeping equipment.

2. Belt Packs, worn by on-court/on-field officials, to signal at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) the startings and stoppages of playing time.

3. Omni-Directional Microphone, worn by officials which are tuned to a specific whistle frequency, instantly stopping the game clock when the whistle is blown.

Time can be started by the floor officials by pressing a button on the Belt Pack or by the game timekeeper at the Base Station.  Time will be stopped by the official's whistle or manually by the game timekeeper at the table, at the discretion of the game official.