Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 207632 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »
can someone remind me where marcus smart was projected last year? gotta think if he declares this year he will be outside the top 5, right?
Top 3-5.

thanks, wackster! ok so he lost money by waiting a year, pretty much. also... reminded embiid that marcus smart did this and got screwed seems like the best argument to get embiid to go to the league. he probs hates smart.

I've heard Gary Parrish & Jeff Goodman say, at completely different times, that they've talked to NBA guys and they wouldn't have been shocked if Smart fell out of the top 10 last year. I think he will be back next year too, if not he certainly won't be a top 10 pick. I just don't see him an an impact NBA guard. He isn't particularly athletic, he isn't great with setting up his teammates, and he isn't a consistent shooter. He's very good at getting to the basket in college but I'm not sure that will be a strength at the next level.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2014, 05:57:30 PM »
That shitty center for Baylor who is a giant pussy blew it and stayed another year. Millions lost.  But yeah go ahead and stay Joel. IDNGAF

Who are you referring to?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
That shitty center for Baylor who is a giant pussy blew it and stayed another year. Millions lost.  But yeah go ahead and stay Joel. IDNGAF

Who are you referring to?

I'm assuming Perry Jones III

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2014, 06:18:09 PM »
Has to be.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »
i didn't know isaiah austin only has one eyeball

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »
i didn't know isaiah austin only has one eyeball
I know. Crazy story. My dad texted me Saturday morning that mom was being rushed into emergency surgery on a torn retina and I saw that story an hour later. What timing. :frown: She's OK tho and I love Austin now. :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:39:29 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 23, 2014, 08:37:38 PM »
glad she's ok

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »
He's making fun of K-state and oscar for being shitty at closing games.  :frown:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
He's making fun of K-state and oscar for being shitty at closing games.  :frown:
OU and OSU don't count. Funny how people think we are shitty in close game but nobody thinks we are not good enough to win kenpom Top 50 road games.  :dunno:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »

That's pretty fair. 5 of our 8 losses were by two possessions or less or in OT.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »
He thinks we need to start fouling when we're up 3 in the final seconds, but our FT shooting is crap, so you can't really count on that.  :dunno:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:39 PM »
He thinks we need to start fouling when we're up 3 in the final seconds, but our FT shooting is crap, so you can't really count on that.  :dunno:
The only time you foul up 3 is under 10 seconds and usually around half court.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 17, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »
I melted down pretty hard saturday at the end of that game. Had been pak'in all day from an 11am wedding. I was not emotionally ready for that crap show.  :frown: However, I'm still feeling great about where we are from the start of the season. We missed a great opportunity tho.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
My personal favorite was when he talked about comparing Bill Self to Weber and Haith.  He said it was like Reagan sending troops into Grenade, a super power invading a tiny island.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 17, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
I liked it when he suggested a half court or more shot should be worth 5 points.  Quality stuff Kev.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 17, 2014, 03:35:15 PM »
Trying to compare those coaches is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) anyways. He was trying to give KU fans a pat on the back there and I have no clue what else he was trying to accomplish by that comparison. No crap, bitb?!

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 17, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »

In the OK St game, I would have preferred to have fouled Smart and not let give off a tough 3 at the buzzer.  Smart missed the shot badly, so no harm.

The other night the only time you really could have fouled is when Austin grabbed the rebound.   When Jefferson grabbed his rebound with about 7 secs left, he immediately went back up and shot the ball (foul him and he makes it and everyone is irate).   

Keitz is being Keitz, just stirring the pot.   He still brings up KState not doing a 2 for 1 at the end of the Iowa St game.  Isu turned the ball over with 50 seconds left.   Even if Ksu hurries, drive to the basket and score a layup, there is likely 40-42 seconds left and you are down 1.  Then the debate comes down to you foul or hope Isu misses a shot, hope you get the rebound and then have under 10 secs left.   

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »

In the OK St game, I would have preferred to have fouled Smart and not let give off a tough 3 at the buzzer.  Smart missed the shot badly, so no harm.

The other night the only time you really could have fouled is when Austin grabbed the rebound.   When Jefferson grabbed his rebound with about 7 secs left, he immediately went back up and shot the ball (foul him and he makes it and everyone is irate).   

Keitz is being Keitz, just stirring the pot.   He still brings up KState not doing a 2 for 1 at the end of the Iowa St game.  Isu turned the ball over with 50 seconds left.   Even if Ksu hurries, drive to the basket and score a layup, there is likely 40-42 seconds left and you are down 1.  Then the debate comes down to you foul or hope Isu misses a shot, hope you get the rebound and then have under 10 secs left.   
When did "the 2 for 1" become a big deal? I remember an announcer mentioning this like once before this year. Maybe it is just a Fran thing...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »
a lot of teams miss 2 for 1 opportunities at the end of the first half and it drives me nuts.  oh well tho.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »
2 for 1s are a much bigger part of the NBA game because of the shorter shot clock. They make a lot more sense at end of halves/quarters when you're trying to steal an extra possession. At the end of the game I'd rather get a quality look than a quick one just so we can get the ball back with 10 seconds.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 17, 2014, 04:15:17 PM »

under 5, although there is no discernable difference as to whether fouling or not is effective

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 17, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
There are certainly plenty of missed chances for 2 for 1 at the end of first halves in college basketball.  They are not that complicated to execute.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 17, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »
There are certainly plenty of missed chances for 2 for 1 at the end of first halves in college basketball.  They are not that complicated to execute.

it's complicated if you don't have a player who can get his own shot

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 17, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »

Also complicated because the game clock doesn't stop after a made basket in the first half. To assure that you would get the ball back with any time, you would have to shoot with 50-55 seconds left, or spend a timeout.
:adios: