Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 205263 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2014, 06:16:48 AM »
Embiid is a delightful, well-packaged gift to college basketball.

Oh, I learned basketball from Hakeem videos. No, elbow etiquette wasn't covered, but there was a wonderful segment on social media.

The guy is just fantastic. I'm gonna miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »
Embiid is a delightful, well-packaged gift to college basketball.

Oh, I learned basketball from Hakeem videos. No, elbow etiquette wasn't covered, but there was a wonderful segment on social media.

The guy is just fantastic. I'm gonna miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree. love how the announcers always point out that this is like his third year of playing basketball. just picks it up and dunks it and hes like did I do well there?  :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »
The reason I think this is so fantastic is that it's just another chapter in the same old story.   kuTuckdom whined for years about other teams playing rough, and how, "That just wasn't basketball." . . . and they slobbered all over Roy "These good kids" Williams, and said things like "we would never bring in THAT kind of kid at Kansas".

Now they fap it all day long replaying their "enforcers" over and over.

I also agree that Embiid story needs to be re-told, and re-told, and re-told and we won't have the whip cream and cherry on top until the Rinaldi piece (has that already happened?).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
Kietz saying Embiid obvious first overall pick, said Self will have no choice but to make him leave.

I expect some great calls about hos he needs another year under Self to develop.   :popcorn:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »
Kietz saying Embiid obvious first overall pick, said Self will have no choice but to make him leave.

I expect some great calls about hos he needs another year under Self to develop.   :popcorn:

KU pal o' mine quoted me a quote that the best centers of all time "Olojuwon, Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, etc... all stayed in college more than 1 year!!!"  I LOLd at him pretty hard...
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

KU pal o' mine quoted me a quote that the best centers of all time "Olojuwon, Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, etc... all stayed in college more than 1 year!!!"  I LOLd at him pretty hard...

You can spot a dumbass from a long ways away on this issue alone.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »

You can spot a dumbass from a long ways away on this issue alone.

That's just a paraphrasing of a quote from Joelbow himself that has been been popping up in articles the past week or so.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2014, 02:44:30 PM »
"If Embiid comes back next year to play college bball and is not jumping into the NBA Draft after being projected the #1 pick. He'd be the dumbest player of all time.
:lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »
can someone remind me where marcus smart was projected last year? gotta think if he declares this year he will be outside the top 5, right?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
can someone remind me where marcus smart was projected last year? gotta think if he declares this year he will be outside the top 5, right?
Top 3-5.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
Top 3-5.

thanks, wackster! ok so he lost money by waiting a year, pretty much. also... reminded embiid that marcus smart did this and got screwed seems like the best argument to get embiid to go to the league. he probs hates smart.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
Top 3-5.
I think it depends on how many more elbows Embiid throws. If that number gets too high, Embiid will drop out of the top 5 and then MS is a 2-4 pick.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:06:25 PM by dobber »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:34 PM »
Top 3-5.

thanks, wackster! ok so he lost money by waiting a year, pretty much. also... reminded embiid that marcus smart did this and got screwed seems like the best argument to get embiid to go to the league. he probs hates smart.
if you are actually good, getting the the second contract ASAP is much greater value than draft position.  Embiid is adding 12 months till he signs his 9 figure deal if he really is "Olojuwon, Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, etc".

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
Top 3-5.

if you are actually good, getting the the second contract ASAP is much greater value than draft position.  Embiid is adding 12 months till he signs his 9 figure deal if he really is "Olojuwon, Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, etc".

greg oden, tho.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »
Top 3-5.

But staying longer doesn't help you get a better second contract.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 21, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »
That shitty center for Baylor who is a giant pussy blew it and stayed another year. Millions lost.  But yeah go ahead and stay Joel. IDNGAF
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 21, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
Top 3-5.

greg oden, tho.
True, but I believe Embiid's legs are all the same length (insert Oden dick joke here)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
Who develops talent better, the League where it is full time, 24/7 with the best coaches, nutrition and medical supervision or some hicks in Lawrence Kansas who would rather you stay until you are a senior?

:zzz:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
Who develops talent better, the League where it is full time, 24/7 with the best coaches, nutrition and medical supervision or some hicks in Lawrence Kansas who would rather you stay until you are a senior?

:zzz:
This. I always think the "they should stay so they can get better prepared" crowd is wrong. If they can get the money, they'd better get it. 12 months in college isn't going to make you a better basketball player. 12 months in D league is probably a better option, but most of the guys we are talking about actually have a shot at big time.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »
KU pal also said... "watch the media and haters start blaming Bill Self for hurting Wiggins' draft stock because he's not tearing it up and try to use it against him in recruiting."  -  :'bye cruel world: :whistle1:

I didn't even respond...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »
KU pal also said... "watch the media and haters start blaming Bill Self for hurting Wiggins' draft stock because he's not tearing it up and try to use it against him in recruiting."  -  :'bye cruel world: :whistle1:

I didn't even respond...

If you are going to take credit for Embiid, you get blame for Wiggins

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2014, 03:33:59 PM »

I didn't even respond...

you can very easily say Wiggins just wasn't everything he was hyped up to be...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 21, 2014, 04:35:25 PM »

I didn't even respond...

you can very easily say Wiggins just wasn't everything he was hyped up to be...

A smart person would then say you are slamming your own recruit and sacrificing his future for your own ego.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 22, 2014, 08:39:17 AM »
I like seeing @RockChalkBlog melt down on random afternoons about something he heard from Kietz.  At least Beems @'s him, but it's kind of hard to follow because Beems @'s Kietz directly in response to what Kietz is saying but there's no conversation to click on and know the context.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2014, 12:27:13 PM »
BITB - KSU may be slightly better than Mizzou, it's really close and hard to say for sure.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14