Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 205401 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »
Don't know if anyone else heard yesterday but BITB was just railing on Myron Medcalf form ESPN and his reseeding of the sweet 16.  He was going off about how having KU as the 11th best team remaining made no sense and that Myron must just watch college basketball for style points and not understand or appreciate how good KU's defense was.  He then went on to say that having Arizona ranked ahead of KU was crazy and that Arizona would be lucky to get more than 40 points against KU.  BITB did not stop there though, no he went on to say KU does not want high scoring games, but they want to muck it up and keep it low scoring.  It came across as a back handed compliment to piss off and make KU listeners happy.  Just glorious stuff from BITB

ku fans love listening to Kietz.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:41 AM »
Don't know if anyone else heard yesterday but BITB was just railing on Myron Medcalf form ESPN and his reseeding of the sweet 16.  He was going off about how having KU as the 11th best team remaining made no sense and that Myron must just watch college basketball for style points and not understand or appreciate how good KU's defense was.  He then went on to say that having Arizona ranked ahead of KU was crazy and that Arizona would be lucky to get more than 40 points against KU.  BITB did not stop there though, no he went on to say KU does not want high scoring games, but they want to muck it up and keep it low scoring.  It came across as a back handed compliment to piss off and make KU listeners happy.  Just glorious stuff from BITB

Wow, that is great. Only way it would have been better would be if he said he wanted FGCU to play KU.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »

ku fans love listening to Kietz.

He is on the loop of podcasts I listen to at work, along with pretty much all shows from 610 and 810.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »

Did you hear yesterday when he told someone that "Bill has a lot of Frank Martin in him"?  Was fantastic. 

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »

Did you hear yesterday when he told someone that "Bill has a lot of Frank Martin in him"?  Was fantastic.

:lol: No I did not hear that, but that's awesome.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »

it was BITB

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »
I wish you all would remember to add the lowercase r to BITB

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
I wish you all would remember to add the lowercase r to BITB

The lowercase 'r' seems kind of implied when talking about Kietzman, no?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »
pretty good monologue today by BITB

trolling the phog like the master that he is

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=12610274

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »

post the gems

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »

MichaelJHox
Frosh
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
1469 posts this site
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 2:29 PM
Re: Keitzman: Self teaching Embiid to get technicals Post Rating (9 votes)

Missed it.  Is there a podcast somewhere?  Man, I hate that Keitzman guy.  I want to listen to it, and then post it to my Facebook page and talk to my friends about how Keitzman sucks.  Hopefully they'll tweet about it to their followers and then we can all of us - the thousands and thousands of us - talk about Keitzman together.  That'll show 'em!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »
Opening Monologue:

Bill Self has pulled the strings to get Joel Embiid to be dirty.  Bill Self has complete control of the program, challenged Embiid after Late Nite where he threatened to send him back to Cameroon and said he was soft.

Kevin says, he doesn't like it but he doesn't have to like it.  He knows we aren't supposed to say this about the nice, cute Jayhawks.  But we should call it what it is.  This is a deliberate decision to play this way.  They get a tech a game. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
This is learned behavior.  This works.  KU intimidates their opponents and takes them out of their game.  KU fans don't think there is a thing wrong, they just want to win games.  But I don't think you see this anywhere else.  6 Techs/Flagrants in 4 games!  KU is going to win the league, they may go to the Final Four and they may well win it all.  But they aren't the aww shucks Roy Williams squads that they used to roll out there.

They may be the most intimidating, nasty, physical team in the country.  They are the bad boys of college basketball and it works.  They are abusing these teams and teams know that they are going to get beat.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2014, 05:03:58 PM »
Smart did not get a technical in this game.  So before the KU fans come on here let's get that straight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »
Bill Self has pulled the strings to get Joel Embiid to be dirty.  Bill Self has complete control of the program, challenged Embiid after Late Nite where he threatened to send him back to Cameroon and said he was soft.

:sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
The bad boys  :drool:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
 :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
Oh and where does Danny Stinksdale, get off by saying Thomas Robinson was a thug.  I cannot believe he was ever a KU fan.  Biggest sock broadcaster EVAR!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »
What probably bothers me as much is watching the media pump up this "temper" myth.  It is self-perpetuating and baseless.  But it sells copy, which they value more than actually getting to know a kid who grew up in Africa and is still figuring out our culture.

technical fouls are a culture issue apparently.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »
In Africa, punching someone in the face is perceived as a sign of respect. No one knows how to break it to Embiid that that's not how it's seen here.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »
 :cool:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2014, 06:10:47 PM »
Pure ownership by BITB.  I said something similar after the NFC championship game last night. That Embiid has a little Richard Sherman, Bill Laimbeer, etc. in him. They refuse to see it, and for the most part, do still see their team as those nice "Roy's boys" they cheered on for so long. 

Hey, I'm not bashing it. KU is tough as hell. They've had a long line of guys who were legitimate enforcers from D. Robinson (prob the least of the line), to the Morris twins, to T. Robinson and now Embiid and Co. 

Anyway, hook, line and sinker again for BITB.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »
Pure ownership by BITB.  I said something similar after the NFC championship game last night. That Embiid has a little Richard Sherman, Bill Laimbeer, etc. in him. They refuse to see it, and for the most part, do still see their team as those nice "Roy's boys" they cheered on for so long. 

Hey, I'm not bashing it. KU is tough as hell. They've had a long line of guys who were legitimate enforcers from D. Robinson (prob the least of the line), to the Morris twins, to T. Robinson and now Embiid and Co. 

Anyway, hook, line and sinker again for BITB.

yes, i laughed my ass off at this tweet:

Jayhawk-Talk.com ?@JayhawkTalk 2h
Opposing fan bases are going to hate Cliff. Can't wait to hear all the whining about him. Oh man. Will be nice to have an enforcer again.

as though they haven't had an enforcer in a while.  last year's team was kind of soft, but that's one out of the last 7 years or whatever.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 20, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »
THIS IS LEARNED BEHAVIOR AT KANSAS....

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2014, 08:25:02 PM »
Its just so easy. Analyse the game? Na. Troll the fanbase? Yep. Phone lines are open. :Wha: