Author Topic: Between the Lines with BITB  (Read 205387 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #400 on: March 14, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
When discussing Soren Petro, if he's not talking about pro sports betting, you can pretty much ignore everything he says.  When he discusses college athletics, it eventually morphs into something related to professional sports and/or betting.

All of that is fine, but if you're looking for intelligent, in-depth analysis of Big 12 Basketball, Soren isn't very good at it.  Well, it isn't until he gets Gottleib on the phone.

That is the one saving grace of 810.  They get pretty good guests/contributors. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 14, 2013, 01:57:29 PM »
Yes, like Decoursey for example.  He seems like a reasonable person.  Which shouldn't be a big deal but that's rare it seems.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 14, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
Yes, like Decoursey for example.  He seems like a reasonable person.  Which shouldn't be a big deal but that's rare it seems.

:sdeek:

I enjoy hating on Drew because he seems really douchy but in his defense Baylor was as bad as it gets when he got there.

I don't hate on Drew, but he has long reached the expiration date on that Dave Bliss grace period.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2013, 07:34:40 AM »

Now wait just a minute emo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Between the Lines with BITB
« Reply #404 on: March 19, 2013, 07:42:24 AM »

Now wait just a minute emo

Right? Weird comment, he clearly meant Sunvold.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2013, 08:13:49 AM »
Yeah, Decoursey is a moron.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:55 AM »

:sdeek:

I enjoy hating on Drew because he seems really douchy but in his defense Baylor was as bad as it gets when he got there.

I don't hate on Drew, but he has long reached the expiration date on that Dave Bliss grace period.
I think that Skipper44 was replying to Belvis, who said that Drew's 2003-2007 was garbage, no postseason and using that to evaluate him. Drew walked into an incredibly difficult situation and should be given a pass for his first 2-3 years, imo.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »
When discussing Soren Petro, if he's not talking about pro sports betting, you can pretty much ignore everything he says.  When he discusses college athletics, it eventually morphs into something related to professional sports and/or betting.

All of that is fine, but if you're looking for intelligent, in-depth analysis of Big 12 Basketball, Soren isn't very good at it.  Well, it isn't until he gets Gottleib on the phone.

petro is a giant dumbass.  people say he's a facts guy.  he's not.  more often than not, he's wrong when he tries to discuss anything outside of his subjective opinions.  he relies on doug and curtis to provide the information that he's unable to, who often are just googling it.  just listen to him anytime he tries to have any fact based discussion.  on par w/ jason king for biggest rough ridin' dork in KC.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
I like him.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »
petro is a giant dumbass.  people say he's a facts guy.  he's not.  more often than not, he's wrong when he tries to discuss anything outside of his subjective opinions.  he relies on doug and curtis to provide the information that he's unable to, who often are just googling it.  just listen to him anytime he tries to have any fact based discussion.  on par w/ jason king for biggest rough ridin' dork in KC.

Right you are, pissclams, right you are.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
since this is the BITB thread, i will just mention that tonight at the 810 zone they have some great great drink specials, or if you want to bring the kids down tonight there will be plenty of TVs and it will be just a great great time

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 19, 2013, 09:59:07 AM »

He's good at memorizing stats and nothing else. If I want to stump the chumps by asking what the batting average was of the 8th guy in the lineup for the 1987 Pittsburgh Pirates, he'll probably get it. Other than that,  :flush:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 19, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
since this is the BITB thread, i will just mention that tonight at the 810 zone they have some great great drink specials, or if you want to bring the kids down tonight there will be plenty of TVs and it will be just a great great time
I'll be there tonight with Kamdence and Brickstyn!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »

He's good at memorizing stats and nothing else. If I want to stump the chumps by asking what the batting average was of the 8th guy in the lineup for the 1987 Pittsburgh Pirates, he'll probably get it. Other than that,  :flush:

fair enough, that's a valid point. but i still guarantee you he couldn't name the starting 5 of the syracuse orange this season.  or who and where they lost this season.  and yet he's a big "SU guy" and doesn't have a dog in the b12 fight.

also, i forgot to mention, he says "uhhh..." after every word.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »
AND HE'S COMING ON NOW!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 19, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
Nothing says bring the kids like fantastic drink specials.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
it will be a great great time, great great place

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:01 AM »
I like soren's show.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2013, 02:29:39 PM »
This Bill Self-aggrandizing and telling him how he's worth at least $10M a year is the most BITB stuff I've ever heard.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »
yeah

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 19, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »

You know his producer just googles that crap in the background, right?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »

You are the least silky or bouncy bbs'er on goEMAW

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 19, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »

:eye:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 19, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »

No, denied.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
Don't know if anyone else heard yesterday but BITB was just railing on Myron Medcalf form ESPN and his reseeding of the sweet 16.  He was going off about how having KU as the 11th best team remaining made no sense and that Myron must just watch college basketball for style points and not understand or appreciate how good KU's defense was.  He then went on to say that having Arizona ranked ahead of KU was crazy and that Arizona would be lucky to get more than 40 points against KU.  BITB did not stop there though, no he went on to say KU does not want high scoring games, but they want to muck it up and keep it low scoring.  It came across as a back handed compliment to piss off and make KU listeners happy.  Just glorious stuff from BITB