Author Topic: John Fracking Currie and his line of bullshit  (Read 11418 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
John Fracking Currie and his line of bullshit
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
More proof that he is greasing the skids to push Frank right the eff outta town.
http://www.1350kman.com/news/?p=3452

How in the eff is he firing the damn Director of Ticketing to save money, does he plan on not having anyone run the ticket office?  If it was just about money why were these people fired 3+ months before their contracts were up?  Couldn't these people be fired in May when the athletics season is over for all intents and purposes?  Football renuals are coming soon and he fired the ticketing director. :dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: John Fracking Currie and his line of bullshit
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
I've heard the ticket lady sucked. No?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
am I the only one who does not see the connection to rough ridin' over Frank? Any insight would be helpful...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »

I've never had a problem with her, but that's not the issue.  Did you read the article, he said the firing was not because of performance?  The issue is that he claims that it is a money decision, if this is the case then he isn't going to hire another ticketing director correct?  He fired the damn ticketing director right before NCAA Tournament ticketing and football renuals.  He fired her just before the busiest period in the office because of money although he still will be paying her to sit at home on her ass in this important time.  Would make sense if she sucked, he said she didn't.

He's full of crap folks

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:31:22 PM »
Who cares

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:34:12 PM »
am I the only one who does not see the connection to fracking over Frank? Any insight would be helpful...

He contradicted himself in his own release, confirming the reports that either he is stupid or full of crap.

eff did any of you read the damn article before commenting?  Too dense to see the obvious bullshit in the release?  Yes, lets trust Currie, he answers his email.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
Of course he's not going to give the actual reason he fired her if it's performance.   :users:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 11:40:35 PM »
am I the only one who does not see the connection to fracking over Frank? Any insight would be helpful...

He contradicted himself in his own release, confirming the reports that either he is stupid or full of crap.

eff did any of you read the damn article before commenting?  Too dense to see the obvious bullshit in the release?  Yes, lets trust Currie, he answers his email.
:blah: :zzz: :bawl:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 11:41:04 PM »
Of course he's not going to give the actual reason he fired her if it's performance.   :users:

This is the obvious answer.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 11:51:47 PM »

eff did any of you read the damn article before commenting?  Too dense to see the obvious bullshit in the release?  Yes, lets trust Currie, he answers his email.

yes i read it. But i guess i dont have it out for the guy. But feel how ever you want and act like a douchebag.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
Of course he's not going to give the actual reason he fired her if it's performance.   :users:

This is the obvious answer.

Agreed, I guess, but if she sucked why issue a press release that states she didn't suck?  She ran the damn ticket office, no one would have cared.  Again the focus should be on Curries inability to shoot straight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »

shazbot! did any of you read the damn article before commenting?  Too dense to see the obvious bullshit in the release?  Yes, lets trust Currie, he answers his email.

yes i read it. But i guess i dont have it out for the guy. But feel how ever you want and act like a douchebag.

I have no issue "having it out for the guy."  He sucks and that won't change if he signs Frank.

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »
Eight people?  Damn.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 12:06:33 AM »
it's kinda weird.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 12:09:19 AM »
Clearly, this is the only response:

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

:users:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 12:25:08 AM »
Ford is considering closing its Claycomo Auto Factory in North Kansas City.  The Claycomo Plant Manager's secretary's son was a Delt at K-State (which has since been closed - coincidence...).  That kid now grooms Kurt McGuffins dog who eats food purchased from the new Pet Smart in Manhattan.  The same pet store where Frank Martin bought his daughter's pet turtle.  And John Currie eats at the Little Apple Brewery every second tuesday of alternating months.  And so does Dalonte Hill.  So, John Currie is covertly trying to run Frank Martin out of town. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 07:14:50 AM »
The eventual net savings will be approximately $310,00 annually.

What did Frank want, $400k?  We're almost there!   :pbj:

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 07:25:57 AM »
FACT!...The economy is in shambles.
FACT!...State revenues are down.
FACT!...Decreased state revenues lead to lowered educational allocations
FACT!...Too many people were suckling the AD dept administrative teet
FACT!...Firing people saves money
Y.N.W.A.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »
Look no further than the newest additions to the AD, look at what they do, and then look at the people who were let go.

This really isn't rocket surgery folks.

I do feel badly for one person who got canned . . . because I think it was solely because her boss got canned as well, and IMO he did her no favors . . . plus the previous regimes did these people no favors. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 08:22:25 AM »
I don't know why everyone is so butt-hurt about this.  :dunno: My job is super slow and I might get laid off because of it. Secondly, I'm sure they can handle selling a few tickets to NCAA or whatever considering they're going to have to be able to do it w/o them in the future. Meanwhile, the people fired get to look for jobs while still being paid.

$300k added to Franks contract would probably be enough to make him happy
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »
ticket lady=MakeItRain's Mom

Offline Thread Killer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 08:56:03 AM »

I've never had a problem with her, but that's not the issue.  Did you read the article, he said the firing was not because of performance?  The issue is that he claims that it is a money decision, if this is the case then he isn't going to hire another ticketing director correct?  He fired the damn ticketing director right before NCAA Tournament ticketing and football renuals.  He fired her just before the busiest period in the office because of money although he still will be paying her to sit at home on her ass in this important time.  Would make sense if she sucked, he said she didn't.

He's full of crap folks

Shut up!  Step back from the computer and walk away now.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 09:43:01 AM »
this was a REORGANIZATION, which means these duties have been shifted to other personnel.

6 people lost jobs, 2 empty positions will go unfilled.

Curry is doing the responsible thing.

Good to see Cavello is gone, buyt I still wonder what the deal is with Epps.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »
this was a REORGANIZATION, which means these duties have been shifted to other personnel.

6 people lost jobs, 2 empty positions will go unfilled.

Curry is doing the responsible thing.

Good to see Cavello is gone, buyt I still wonder what the deal is with Epps.

Yep.  Same thing happened in my office recently, where they let go the Director of Sales who was pretty much a tiger shark simply because she made too much money.  Shifted a couple of people around and presto, instant savings (and more work for everybody!).   :users:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »
So, the athletic department you've taken over has just been fleeced by the tune of about $5 million by a corrupt former school president and his corrupt former athletic director, a former football coach, and the other former athletic director that was paid hush money to "go away" to Dallas to shuffle papers at the Big XII headquarters by the aforementioned corrupt former school president so he could replace him with the former athletic director.

You've got a basketball coach that needs a substantial raise and you're trying to fund a $20 million practice facility.

Yeah, I can think of a few reasons you may be wanting to take 300K in annual salary off the books right now, and none of them have to do with greasing the skids to push Frank Martin out the door right now.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008