Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936058 times)

catzacker

Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2850 on: April 21, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »
dailythunder Royce Young
Kansas State basketball coach Frank Martin is in the crowd tonight. He's not wearing the blue shirt but did have it draped across his chest.
56 minutes ago

kstate hasn't been associated with any okc recruits that i know of.  could have come up from dfw or down from wichita, i suppose.  though gates reported underwood in wichita for ellis.  i would assume he would have reported martin too, if he had been there.

joannachadwick Joanna Chadwick
KU's Bill Self, Wichita State's Gregg Marshall and assistants from Oklahoma and K-State were at Heights for pickup games tonight.

that's good.  frank's too busy watching the thunder and texting Miami's new AD to make it to watch ellis.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 21, 2011, 08:23:11 AM »
dailythunder Royce Young
Kansas State basketball coach Frank Martin is in the crowd tonight. He's not wearing the blue shirt but did have it draped across his chest.
56 minutes ago

kstate hasn't been associated with any okc recruits that i know of.  could have come up from dfw or down from wichita, i suppose.  though gates reported underwood in wichita for ellis.  i would assume he would have reported martin too, if he had been there.

joannachadwick Joanna Chadwick
KU's Bill Self, Wichita State's Gregg Marshall and assistants from Oklahoma and K-State were at Heights for pickup games tonight.

that's good.  frank's too busy watching the thunder and texting Miami's new AD to make it to watch ellis.

he's been visiting better recruits

Offline rcjh88

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 21, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »
He's not going to get Ellis anyway, why waste his time?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »

this is true. I actually bitched about him paying so much attention to Ellis when he probably had a better chance with other elite recruits that he was ignoring. But now he's not ignoring the other elites!

:pbj:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:59 AM »

this is true. I actually bitched about him paying so much attention to Ellis when he probably had a better chance with other elite recruits that he was ignoring. But now he's not ignoring the other elites!

So, swinging for the fences again, with fall back positions of Te Irving and Canadian JC guard types.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 21, 2011, 08:42:27 AM »
The professionals that mow my lawn always wear jeans and ear protection.    :dunno:

Don't think they tuck in their shirts, but I'll pay more attention next time.

I'll always mow my own lawn.  ALWAYS.  I may eventually have a live in maid and personal chef, but I'm still going to mow my own lawn.  Matter of fact, I may pull a Forest Gump and sell my company for millions and just mow lawns all day for free.  There's some extremely cathartic about it to me.  Some people pray.  Some people meditate.  I mow.  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 21, 2011, 08:53:54 AM »
cd1015 Corey Dean
The Pig Out for Parkinsons is today at Cox Bro's BBQ. We're live from 11 - 1. Grab some grub for a great cause and meet Frank Martin

:users:

He'll cancel.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 21, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »
i mow myself with a rebuilt mower from craigslist.  it's self propelled, but i just push it for extra exercise.  yep.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
Even after that very informational thread, I can't figure out WTF Kstateo is.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kstateo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=945

It's pretty great that this pulls up the national ag safety database, too (complete with tuck)

looks shirtless to me :horrorsurprise:

Only a tuck would mow their yard with their shirt tucked in, or possibly even shirtless.  And of course wearing jeans while mowing.
ass-less chaps :horrorsurprise:

the god damn hearing protection is the biggest tuck part of the picture. yeah dumbass, you really need to protect your ears w/ that god damn push mower of yours. god damn jesus eff. i mean seriously. "oh my god, this sears craftsman of mine and all, i better put some hearing protection on."   :flush:

Quote from: Hank Hill
While safety goggles make you look cool, they also are a necessary piece of safety equipment
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 21, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
I'll always mow my own lawn.  ALWAYS.  I may eventually have a live in maid and personal chef, but I'm still going to mow my own lawn.  Matter of fact, I may pull a Forest Gump and sell my company for millions and just mow lawns all day for free.  There's some extremely cathartic about it to me.  Some people pray.  Some people meditate.  I mow.  :dunno:

Agreed. I have about 2 acres, most of which is mowed with a 42" Craftsman Lawn Tractor. Takes about 2 hours. Very enjoyable while listening to some Pandora radio on my Droid Incredible.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 21, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
Even after that very informational thread, I can't figure out WTF Kstateo is.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kstateo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=945

It's pretty great that this pulls up the national ag safety database, too (complete with tuck)

looks shirtless to me :horrorsurprise:

Only a tuck would mow their yard with their shirt tucked in, or possibly even shirtless.  And of course wearing jeans while mowing.
ass-less chaps :horrorsurprise:
Hey hayseed, chaps are inherently ass-less.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »

catzacker

« Reply #2862 on: April 21, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »

you make a case that any elite recruit that frank or his staff watch is a waste of time. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: April 21, 2011, 09:59:56 AM »

<------Has 2. Married into one and bought the second to distract my wife from wanting kids. Loved them before I had children.  Now free to a good home.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: April 21, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »

So, swinging for the fences again, with fall back positions of Te Irving and Canadian JC guard types.

It's better than swinging for the Te Irving and Canadian JC guard types.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: April 21, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
Irving was not a bad fall back option.  He had legit high valley offers. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 21, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
Irving was not a bad fall back option.  He had legit high valley offers. 

Fantastic BBS'ing right there.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 21, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »

they never really swung for the fences after the Judge and McGruder commitments. I mean, I know Boynton mentioned us, but I don't recall us being spotted in a gym where he was like they were with MANY elites earlier this week.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 21, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »
Irving was not a bad fall back option.  He had legit high valley offers.  

He did have an offer from and visited a Final Four team.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 21, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »

Is Richmond, VA, considered the Bible Belt?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 21, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »

Is Richmond, VA, considered the Bible Belt?
No it's in the slavery belt, well, at least according to some EMAJs.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
the crew that mows my yard are all high school/college aged kids.  they do a bang up job.  during their break time they pull their mowers up next to each other and smoke cigarettes.  now that everyone is finally starting to accept my 0% prognostication this thread has taken an interesting turn. 

I don't know who mows the grounds at my weekday residence.  It just gets mowed and looks fantastic.

I mow the yard at the summer lake house, for the exercise.  I do it shirtless so the neighbor's wife can pretend her husband is me.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 21, 2011, 10:34:41 AM »
Also: the smell of freshly cut grass is fantastic. As is the smell of spring rain.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 21, 2011, 10:43:15 AM »
This thread is  :goodbyecruelworld:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ChEtah

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 21, 2011, 11:38:35 AM »

Agreed. I have about 2 acres, most of which is mowed with a 42" Craftsman Lawn Tractor. Takes about 2 hours. Very enjoyable while listening to some Pandora radio on my Droid Incredible.

I mow with a 52 inch Hustler Super Z.  It is made is Hesston, Kansas, which qualifies it as an EMAW mower.  The admins should hit them up to sponsor this site.

Slightly off topic, but do we have a new coach yet?