Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936104 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2550 on: April 17, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
Hey guess what rams lick my sweaty nut sack you cac sacker!!!! bahahahahah  your prob. a guy who claims to be a fan thats never played a sport in your life go figure!!!

Wrong board, bro.   

He should be directed to www.gopowercat.com.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 17, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
Guys, I love Frank. 

But if we get Pearl out of this, we are better off.  Although, oscar would probably get upset his tan isn't pristine year round and heads for Pepperdine after a few years.

So if we get Pearl, even for just a few years, that's what I want.   If no Pearl, I want Frank.  I can get over this ordeal, it's business.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #2553 on: April 17, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »
oscar Pearl is contaminated. It would be fun and hilarious and I'd love to see the guy in a purple jacket.

But he's contaminated. Unhireable. At least for a year or two.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 17, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
Anyway, it seems like all is well. There's probably no need to worry at this point.

-rob@gpc

:lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 17, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
BHHCFM...butt hurt head coach Frank..

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 17, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
i dunno, maybe im in the minority...but this really won't change how i look at Frank. I mean, wgaf.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 17, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »
i dunno, maybe im in the minority...but this really won't change how i look at Frank. I mean, wgaf.
Me too. I'm not near as butt hurt as Frank is. I'm a little embarrassed for him, but I don't dislike him now.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 17, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »
so he's staying?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 17, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
once we all go through another shitty football season, we won't remember any of this crap.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »

Yeah, a bunch of dipshits are acting like they didn't know Frank was from Miami or that he says stupid things sometimes. I mean, who could be butthurt over him exploring the Miami job? I mean honestly.

catzacker

« Reply #2561 on: April 17, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »

Yeah, a bunch of dipcacs are acting like they didn't know Frank was from Miami or that he says stupid things sometimes. I mean, who could be butthurt over him exploring the Miami job? I mean honestly.

i could have done w/out the public begging. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: April 17, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »

Yeah, a bunch of dipcacs are acting like they didn't know Frank was from Miami or that he says stupid things sometimes. I mean, who could be butthurt over him exploring the Miami job? I mean honestly.

This. He's making everyone look bad in this except Miami

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: April 17, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
if you're butthurt over this, it means that you badly want a coach who will love you and want to be with you forever and are pretty much a giant rough ridin' powerespect.  

if you think frank is butthurt, it probably also means you're a giant rough ridin' powerespect because you can't even comprehend that he wants to leave you for someone else and is doing what he needs to do to make it happen.  

somewhere in the transition from ksufans to goEMAW, tucks became the enemy instead of powertards and this place is now full of powertards.

catzacker

« Reply #2564 on: April 17, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »

it's not about making people look bad, at least not directly.  it's knowing that a large portion of the fan base was going to get pissed about this, thus giving dipsh*t currie leverage and further deepening the divide between him and frank which will ultimately lead to frank walking out the door (before he might have otherwise) and at that point, unless pearl is available, I have zero faith in currie hiring anyone worth a sh*t and then we got back to playing on the first day of the big 12 tourney. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: April 17, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »

yup. I'm dreading the hell i'm gonna catch from KU and Nub fans at work. They're just pointing and laughing at little 'ole kstate. jfc.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 17, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »

It's not really butthurt.  He's begging for a crap job, and it's bad PR.

Basically, it's putting our job on a level with a program that completely shut down their basketball program for a while within the last few decades.  I know some people around here will try to say that they are equal jobs (they aren't) because Miami is great (which it's not) and Manhattan sucks (which isn't completely true), but if you polled a bunch of coaches and put the two jobs on paper, I'd bet you a significant majority would rather coach here.

Frank can go explore other jobs all he wants.  And I get that Miami is where he's from, and it holds a special place in his heart, blah, blah, etc.  But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a crap about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

I don't think anyone here really wants or expects a coach that will just fall in love with Kansas State and spurn all other opportunities because they just love it here so much.  I think most people would just prefer their coach not do everything but offer to suck dick for a crap job all over the damn media.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: April 17, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »

yup. I'm dreading the hell i'm gonna catch from KU and Nub fans at work. They're just pointing and laughing at little 'ole kstate. jfc.

I don't care about that at all.

I'm just really looking forward to Currie having to pound the pavement and try to get more money/donations for the program after all of this.  You know Frank won't even attempt to rationalize or justify this to the tucks.  It's just going to make things awkward for a while.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 17, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
Frank can go explore other jobs all he wants.  And I get that Miami is where he's from, and it holds a special place in his heart, blah, blah, etc.  But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a crap about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

Hey jackass. He's only begging for Miami. That's all he's ever begged for and it's probably all he'll ever beg for. And everyone knows frank is from miami so they know why he's interested and won't look down on poor wittle ksu. Get over your lame self.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:11:44 PM by michigancat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 17, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
You know Frank won't even attempt to rationalize or justify this to the tucks.

he will blame it on sportwriters and 80% of the active fanbase will believe.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 17, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »
But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a crap about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

I don't think anyone here really wants or expects a coach that will just fall in love with Kansas State and spurn all other opportunities because they just love it here so much.  I think most people would just prefer their coach not do everything but offer to suck dick for a crap job all over the damn media.

It hasn't been "all over the damn media" or "whore yourself to every outlet" though, right? Just Brando, and old balls Doug Tucker. Who knows what Frank is actually thinking. All speculation at this point. Miami taking its sweet time right now is the only thing making this whole deal a bitch. Just overreaction(great bbs'ing) is all it is, imo.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »
Frank can go explore other jobs all he wants.  And I get that Miami is where he's from, and it holds a special place in his heart, blah, blah, etc.  But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a cac about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

Hey jackass. He's only begging for Miami. That's all he's ever begged for and it's probably all he'll ever beg for. And everyone knows frank is from miami so they know why he's interested and won't look down on poor wittle ksu. Get over your lame self.

I'm sure John Currie and the rest of the big money folks are totally fine with this justification.

I don't care if he's a basketball coach or an accountant.  You can't openly beg for other jobs and not expect some form of negative feedback, no matter what the circumstance.

:jerk:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: April 17, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »
But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a cac about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

I don't think anyone here really wants or expects a coach that will just fall in love with Kansas State and spurn all other opportunities because they just love it here so much.  I think most people would just prefer their coach not do everything but offer to suck dick for a cac job all over the damn media.

It hasn't been "all over the damn media" or "whore yourself to every outlet" though, right? Just Brando, and old balls Doug Tucker. Who knows what Frank is actually thinking. All speculation at this point. Miami taking its sweet time right now is the only thing making this whole deal a bitch. Just overreaction(great bbs'ing) is all it is, imo.

Rome brought it up, there are all of the tweets from various sportswriters with quotes from Haslem, Shakey, etc.

Frank doesn't have to be the one doing all of the talking.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
Frank can go explore other jobs all he wants.  And I get that Miami is where he's from, and it holds a special place in his heart, blah, blah, etc.  But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a cac about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

I'm sure John Currie and the rest of the big money folks are totally fine with this justification.

I don't care if he's a basketball coach or an accountant.  You can't openly beg for other jobs and not expect some form of negative feedback, no matter what the circumstance.

I'm sure they are just fine with what frank has done. He wasted a little goodwill and negotiating power, but no one wants him gone. This isn't some out of the blue disaster. If it was NC State or DePaul he was lobbying for, you might have a point. But it isn't so you don't.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 17, 2011, 02:24:14 PM »
But to publicly whore yourself to every outlet that will listen for a school that A) doesn't give a cac about basketball and B) doesn't want you is kind of bad PR for your institution.

I don't think anyone here really wants or expects a coach that will just fall in love with Kansas State and spurn all other opportunities because they just love it here so much.  I think most people would just prefer their coach not do everything but offer to suck dick for a cac job all over the damn media.

Rome brought it up, there are all of the tweets from various sportswriters with quotes from Haslem, Shakey, etc.

Frank doesn't have to be the one doing all of the talking.

Well, if Frank was actually telling all his friends to put all that stuff out there, then i guess he deserves some crap come his way. But there is no way to know for sure. I think those people would talk no matter what.
- chunkles