Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936270 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2525 on: April 16, 2011, 10:52:59 PM »
Hey guess what rams lick my sweaty nut sack you cac sacker!!!! bahahahahah  your prob. a guy who claims to be a fan thats never played a sport in your life go figure!!!
:ck:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2526 on: April 16, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
I've finally come to closure on this.  Could care less if he stays or goes.

If he stays, I'll like him less.  I don't think there's any way I can't.  I mean, I'll get over it, but still.  It won't ever be the same.

If he goes, I'm interested to see John Currie lead a coaching search.

Regardless, I'm going to love seeing how the fans react to him if he does come back.  There are a few awkward nut fry's in his future.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 16, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
it never ends well when coaches flirt with other jobs and end up staying.  they either end up leaving anyway a few years later (roy, m.anderson) or start to suck (dana altman, glen mason). 

currie should probably tell frank he's done if he takes an interview...kinda like boston college did with their coach a few years ago.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 16, 2011, 11:23:34 PM »

If he stays, I'll like him less.  I don't think there's any way I can't.  I mean, I'll get over it, but still.  It won't ever be the same.

Regardless, I'm going to love seeing how the fans react to him if he does come back.  There are a few awkward nut fry's in his future.
Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 16, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »

Most of the tucks have zero idea how this is playing out.  He'll still be their favorite mexican.

Offline wildcat1979

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 16, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »

Exactly how I feel.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 17, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »
it never ends well when coaches flirt with other jobs and end up staying.  they either end up leaving anyway a few years later (roy, m.anderson) or start to suck (dana altman, glen mason).  

currie should probably tell frank he's done if he takes an interview...kinda like boston college did with their coach a few years ago.

Agree. Everyone thought the BC athletic director was nuts, but really he was just smart in foreseeing  what would happen if he stayed. Doesn't sit well with recruits, fan support, etc when it's a known fact that your coach is trying to GTFO.

edit:  :curse: at the whole situation
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:13:43 AM by pike »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 17, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
Are you anti-Frankites mad that he wants to have the same job he has now but in rough ridin' Miami and with no John Currie, or because he's let you know it?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 17, 2011, 12:23:29 AM »
Are you anti-Frankites mad that he wants to have the same job he has now but in rough ridin' Miami and with no John Currie, or because he's let you know it?

The same job of basketball coach, at the U who's bball program is 10 times worse than Nebraska's, and royally rough ridin' us over for God knows how long.

I can foresee powertards and goemawtards alike saying "Wow Frank just knocked of #1 Duke at the U!!! Good for him!!!" while our program sinks back to the Wooly days cause we're the last school on the coaching carousel and get stuck with some shitty bad person. I would/will curse Frank and Miami as long as I'm an EMAW, which will likely be a long time.

Plenty of reasons to be mad, mind you.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 17, 2011, 12:27:05 AM »
Are you anti-Frankites mad that he wants to have the same job he has now but in effing Miami and with no John Currie, or because he's let you know it?

Public pining for a job you're unlikely to get (and I'm still not 100% convinced he does want an offer; just so butthurt he's not wanted) is just tacky.

It's not that he's lobbying for the job, or he's being open about it, but more how his public begging is just so pathetic and reeks of desperation for whatever end he's trying to achieve.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: April 17, 2011, 12:33:28 AM »
WGAF if he looks like a clown right now?  This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: April 17, 2011, 12:36:03 AM »
WGAF if he looks like a clown right now?  This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

Yeah but this is like the John Wayne Gacy of clowning, and his 30 victims is the University of Kansas State.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:38:48 AM by pike »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:46 AM »
"hi.  i'd like to thank miami senior for inviting me back for some unknown award thing, and thank you all for coming out tonight.  it feels great to be back in stingaree country!

you know.  there's been a lot of of talk about the job down the street and how happy i am in manhattan, kansas where there is a cuban restaurant (go stingarees!), but i might still be just ol' coach and math teacher paco martin here at miami senior if it hadn't been for the miami new times and their meddling reporters.  and you know, i think i might be just as happy if i were still a stingaree!

but seriously, people, that brings me to what i really want to talk about tonight, something i'm very passionate about, and that's how much i hate sportswriters..."

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 17, 2011, 02:33:27 AM »
Assuming we can get a decent coach, I want him to leave.  I'm all for whatever makes things entertaining.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 17, 2011, 03:06:45 AM »
Assuming we can get a decent coach, I want him to leave. 

Myself, John Currie, SD, and Catzacker agree with you, but without the decent coach stipulation.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 17, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »
I'm all for whatever makes things entertaining.

after the winning>>>>>>drama post above, i thought to myself that, for all of the success texas football football and basketball have had recently, being a texas fan must be dullsville compared with being a kstate fan.  same crap year after year.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 17, 2011, 06:54:52 AM »

after the winning>>>>>>drama post above, i thought to myself that, for all of the success texas football football and basketball have had recently, being a texas fan must be dullsville compared with being a kstate fan.  same crap year after year.

I don't know, I'd imagine the meltdowns would be pretty fantastic

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 17, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »
"hi.  i'd like to thank miami senior for inviting me back for some unknown award thing, and thank you all for coming out tonight.  it feels great to be back in stingaree country!

you know.  there's been a lot of of talk about the job down the street and how happy i am in manhattan, kansas where there is a cuban restaurant (go stingarees!), but i might still be just ol' coach and math teacher paco martin here at miami senior if it hadn't been for the miami new times and their meddling reporters.  and you know, i think i might be just as happy if i were still a stingaree!

but seriously, people, that brings me to what i really want to talk about tonight, something i'm very passionate about, and that's how much i hate sportswriters..."

lol
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 17, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »

Yeah, the waters have been calm as glass here in Austin over the last year or so.  Might as well call this town "the reflecting pool".

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 17, 2011, 09:51:55 AM »

I don't know, I'd imagine the meltdowns would be pretty fantastic

The meltdown for football last year and for basketball the last two years was probably awesome.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #2545 on: April 17, 2011, 09:58:39 AM »
My dream scenario: Miami hires that dude from Milwaukee and then Currie fires Frank a day later.

It'd be the first time an AD essentially said to a successful coach, "You don't have all the power."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 17, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
My dream scenario: Miami hires that dude from Milwaukee and then Currie fires Frank a day later.

It'd be the first time an AD essentially said to a successful coach, "You don't have all the power."

It won't happen, but the countdown clock has officially started.  Frank will not be coaching here in three years.  He may be here after next season because the team will probably be down, but one way or the other, Frank won't be here much longer.

This has drug out too long, and Currie has to be absolutely fuming to see our coach opine for the Miami job, which in all reality is a crap gig.  It's bad PR.

I'd say the odds that Currie and Pearl have already had some form of communication are probably pretty high.

catzacker

« Reply #2548 on: April 17, 2011, 10:11:57 AM »

only if he hired oscar pearl on the same day.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 17, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Hey guess what rams lick my sweaty nut sack you cac sacker!!!! bahahahahah  your prob. a guy who claims to be a fan thats never played a sport in your life go figure!!!

Wrong board, bro.