Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936046 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2225 on: April 13, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
Miami officials still haven't reached out to Kansas State's Frank Martin now that Amaker is out of the running, according to multiple sources. If Miami can only offer close to $1 million or $1.1 million, that's $500,000 less than what Martin will receive at K-State. According to sources, even if Martin were approached, he wouldn't go for a major pay cut.

wtf?  martin just covered this.  pay attention, fake katz!

Heh heh.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 13, 2011, 04:07:52 PM »
Miami officials still haven't reached out to Kansas State's Frank Martin now that Amaker is out of the running, according to multiple sources. If Miami can only offer close to $1 million or $1.1 million, that's $500,000 less than what Martin will receive at K-State. According to sources, even if Martin were approached, he wouldn't go for a major pay cut.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/6345670/tommy-amaker-content-harvard

Other item to note:

Credit Florida's Billy Donovan for making sound hires for his staff this week. Donovan added experience in Norm Roberts, formerly of St. John's, and his good friend and former assistant John Pelphrey, formerly of Arkansas.

So, it would appear that Pelphrey isn't on Miami's radar any longer either.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 13, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »
miss fake katz picking on the recruiting guys

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 13, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
Tommy Amaker is such a snob.

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:45 PM »
PTI just gave their two cents on the topic. Kornheiser says K-State is a better team with him, but that our AD should tell Miami's AD to call Frank and make the offer because we shouldn't want him anymore. Wilbon responds by saying "When's the last time they were in a championship? There's a school up the road that has."

'grats beems!  :cheers:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:31 PM »
PTI just gave their two cents on the topic. Kornheiser says K-State is a better team with him, but that our AD should tell Miami's AD to call Frank and make the offer because we shouldn't want him anymore. Wilbon responds by saying "When's the last time they were in a championship? There's a school up the road that has."

'grats beems!  :cheers:

I may be stupid, or it may be Kornheiser being a rambling idiot, but I don't know what he's trying to say here.

We shouldn't want Martin because he makes us better?  Am I getting that right?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 13, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »

'grats beems!  :cheers:

I may be stupid, or it may be Kornheiser being a rambling idiot, but I don't know what he's trying to say here.

We shouldn't want Martin because he makes us better?  Am I getting that right?

even though KSU is better with Martin, we should tell Martin to F off.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 13, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »

'grats beems!  :cheers:

We shouldn't want Martin because he makes us better?  Am I getting that right?

Not sure, really. Assuming he meant if our coach is openly lobbying for another job that we should go after him with pitchforks and fire until he's gone.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 13, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Fantastic advertising to our national following.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 13, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
Anyone can see what has taken place, the way I have seen it has been like this...coaches talk, Martain has known either through coach talk or his sources in Miami that Haith was going to be on the first job out of Miami, thus the reason why Angel did not sign immediately at kstate. I'm sure Frank expected a coronation ceremony the day Haith left simply because he was Frank Martin from Miami, he expected that job to be his, but when he wasn't contacted I'm sure he felt like wtf? Miami put a clog in his plan, so yes, he had to use the media to get his message out. Frank probably told angel to wait until April, because he had some inside information. Funny how people kept saying that angel intended to play for Frank, so if Frank had any intention of staying with kstate, than angel would of signed on signing day. Frank isn't stupid, he used Beasley and walker to jump start his coaching career, pullen was a unexpected bonus, lets be honest without pullen this year's team probably wouldn't of even made the nit.....I could care less about the Frank Martin side show, I only care about Winning, and quite honestly I think Franks smoke and mirrors show at kstate is coming to a end.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: April 13, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »
Anyone can see what has taken place, the way I have seen it has been like this...coaches talk, Martain has known either through coach talk or his sources in Miami that Haith was going to be on the first job out of Miami, thus the reason why Angel did not sign immediately at kstate. I'm sure Frank expected a coronation ceremony the day Haith left simply because he was Frank Martin from Miami, he expected that job to be his, but when he wasn't contacted I'm sure he felt like wtf? Miami put a clog in his plan, so yes, he had to use the media to get his message out. Frank probably told angel to wait until April, because he had some inside information. Funny how people kept saying that angel intended to play for Frank, so if Frank had any intention of staying with kstate, than angel would of signed on signing day. Frank isn't stupid, he used Beasley and walker to jump start his coaching career, pullen was a unexpected bonus, lets be honest without pullen this year's team probably wouldn't of even made the nit.....I could care less about the Frank Martin side show, I only care about Winning, and quite honestly I think Franks smoke and mirrors show at kstate is coming to a end.

covers a lot of stupid for a single run on paragraph.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:57:56 PM by sys »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 13, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »
Gotta think all this great press thanks to Frank is really helping our recruiting and national brand credibility as a basketball program.

Pretty cool to be perceived as a bigger dead end shithole than the perennial ACC bottom feeder that Tommy rough ridin' Amaker wouldn't even touch with a ten foot pole.

:cheers:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 13, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
The shitty thing is we can't even fire him without loading his pockets with $$$.  He just gets to jerk us off until he decides what he's going to do.  I hope Currie is making a list and getting crap lined up for his coaching search rather than contacting Frank about more $$ or an extension.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 13, 2011, 06:12:22 PM »
The cacty thing is we can't even fire him without loading his pockets with $$$.  He just gets to jerk us off until he decides what he's going to do.  I hope Currie is making a list and getting cac lined up for his coaching search rather than contacting Frank about more $$ or an extension.
AMEN!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »
I'm rough ridin' pissed at Frank but I also like being good at basketball.  I doubt we have a legit chance at finding a better coach so I guess I will just have to be butthurt for awhile.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »
The cacty thing is we can't even fire him without loading his pockets with $$$.  He just gets to jerk us off until he decides what he's going to do.  I hope Currie is making a list and getting cac lined up for his coaching search rather than contacting Frank about more $$ or an extension.
AMEN!

LOL Wut, overreact much.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »
AMEN!

LOL Wut, overreact much.

I agree.  Also don't think there's any chance in hell that we would hire anyone worth a damn if he left.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 13, 2011, 06:42:56 PM »
So why do Frank and Currie hate each other?  Is Currie just incompetent or Frank just petulant?  (Sorry I don't read every thread over here)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Nope-AD is from Wisconsin RT @BBryan75: @gottliebshow is Miami going to call Frank Martin?

this is funnier than a whore.

From Andy Katz:

• Milwaukee's Rob Jeter has been contacted by Miami officials and is expected to hear about a possible interview soon, according to sources. Jeter didn't work with new Miami athletic director Shawn Eichorst at Wisconsin, but both know each other well through contacts in the state. Jeter had already gone to Milwaukee (from Bo Ryan's Wisconsin staff) when Eichorst was hired to be Barry Alvarez's assistant athletic director with the Badgers. Eichorst said he is taking control of the search.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
Next bball season is going to be fantastic bbsing. Absolutely fantastic.  :driving:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 13, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Nope-AD is from Wisconsin RT @BBryan75: @gottliebshow is Miami going to call Frank Martin?

this is funnier than a whore.

From Andy Katz:

• Milwaukee's Rob Jeter has been contacted by Miami officials and is expected to hear about a possible interview soon, according to sources. Jeter didn't work with new Miami athletic director Shawn Eichorst at Wisconsin, but both know each other well through contacts in the state. Jeter had already gone to Milwaukee (from Bo Ryan's Wisconsin staff) when Eichorst was hired to be Barry Alvarez's assistant athletic director with the Badgers. Eichorst said he is taking control of the search.

Bitb was pimping this guy today

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 13, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »
Next bball season is going to be fantastic bbsing. Absolutely fantastic.  :driving:

I think football season will be pretty rewarding as well.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 13, 2011, 07:27:28 PM »

Yep. Great time to be a kayessyou cats fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 13, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

If you like your bbs'ing.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 13, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »

If you like your bbs'ing.

Which I do!