Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936054 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2150 on: April 13, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »
sgorten Steve Gorten
Frank Martin: new #UM AD says EVERYONE will be considered Whatever u do, just don't let Donald Trump write angry note on your behalf. #Leach

Looks like Frank's media maneuvering has worked.  'grats Frank.

That said, please stay.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 13, 2011, 11:01:36 AM »
pretty great chance frank just copied and pasted that tweet and sent it to Currie with in an email with the title: "I'M GOING TO DO IT! DON'T TRY TO STOP ME!"

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 13, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
i'm totally on team frank right now....i keep checking "the wires" to see if miami has contacted him yet.  go get 'em, marty!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 13, 2011, 11:10:53 AM »
 :pbj: :pbj: :pbj: :pbj:  :pbj:

Frank right about now ^

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entries/frank-martin-miami-speculation-heres-fact-may-surprise-you/

He wants Frank to leave so bad.

It is unhealthy to hate Frank and KSU so much.  But I guess all of DG county is disgustingly unhealthy.   :barf:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 13, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »
Does Frank get any sleep tonight, or is he up waiting by the phone?

#pleasedontleavefrank

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 13, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
876-5309

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
All eight University of Miami fans are  :emawkid: on the streets of South Beach right now.

Hold on, Frank!  It's so close you can taste it!!!!!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »
he's going to be so, so sad when he still doesn't get interviewed  :cry:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: April 13, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »

The "who's gonna want you now" talk from Currie will be an awkward one. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 13, 2011, 11:34:04 AM »
I give it two days before we're tracking planes.

:emawkid:

catzacker

« Reply #2162 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »
I give it two days before we're tracking planes.

:emawkid:

dear lord, if that would happen.  i'd pay $9.95 just to see that blood bath.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2163 on: April 13, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

That statement wasn't intended for Frank.  That statement was to make it seem like Miami wasn't completely resigned to hiring one of those scrubs on their current list.

Now the AD can say that they looked at all available applicants, and Jeff Capel was the best fit for Miami (because that's who the search firm told them to go with).

It's not like the interim AD was really holding up the process, here.  Whatever it was that prevented them from hiring Frank 48 hours ago is still in place.

catzacker

« Reply #2164 on: April 13, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »

That statement wasn't intended for Frank.  That statement was to make it seem like Miami wasn't completely resigned to hiring one of those scrubs on their current list.

Now the AD can say that they looked at all available applicants, and Jeff Capel was the best fit for Miami (because that's who the search firm told them to go with).

It's not like the interim AD was really holding up the process, here.  Whatever it was that prevented them from hiring Frank 48 hours ago is still in place.

stupidity is correctable, even by stupid people and even if by accident.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 13, 2011, 11:55:43 AM »

You're making the assumption that the AD has power in this scenario.

It sounds like Shalala (or someone else) has been pulling the strings for some time.  Hence why they hired Al Golden, why Hocutt left for Tech, and why their list of applicants looked like a list you'd see at Wichita State.

I'm sure the AD has been briefed on what they want to see in a coach hired at UM, and Frank Martin does not fit that mold.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 13, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »

It sounds like Shalala (or someone else) has been pulling the strings for some time.  Hence why they hired Al Golden, why Hocutt left for Tech, and why their list of applicants looked like a list you'd see at Wichita State.

I'm sure the AD has been briefed on what they want to see in a coach hired at UM, and Frank Martin does not fit that mold.

Isn't saying this similar to saying that Currie will have no control over Sean being the next FB coach?  Surely the new AD will have finger prints all over the first hire of his tenure.

It's going to be his first official action.  Could be the one his career is initially, if not ultimately, judged on.  No way an AD takes a job just to lay down on things like this.

catzacker

« Reply #2167 on: April 13, 2011, 11:59:30 AM »

That statement wasn't intended for Frank.  That statement was to make it seem like Miami wasn't completely resigned to hiring one of those scrubs on their current list.

It's not like the interim AD was really holding up the process, here.  Whatever it was that prevented them from hiring Frank 48 hours ago is still in place.

there was a time when Weiser wasn't even thinking about Huggins.  All it takes is an Eddie Fogler. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 13, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
Isn't saying this similar to saying that Currie will have no control over Sean being the next FB coach?  Surely the new AD will have finger prints all over the first hire of his tenure.

It's going to be his first official action.  Could be the one his career is initially, if not ultimately, judged on.  No way an AD takes a job just to lay down on things like this.

If Wefald were still the UP, yes.  With Schulz, no.

I go back to something Dayton Moore said when he was hired with the Royals.  There are only 30 GM jobs in MLB.  When one comes open, you need to take it.  Conversely, there are ~70 BCS Jobs out there.  When you get a chance to have (AD - University of Miami) on your resume, you can pretty much live on that for the rest of your life if that doesn't work out.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 13, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

That statement wasn't intended for Frank.  That statement was to make it seem like Miami wasn't completely resigned to hiring one of those scrubs on their current list.

It's not like the interim AD was really holding up the process, here.  Whatever it was that prevented them from hiring Frank 48 hours ago is still in place.

there was a time when Weiser wasn't even thinking about Huggins.  All it takes is an Eddie Fogler. 

I'm not disagreeing, but you're assuming that this guy wants Frank, and that the administration wants Frank.

We know that UM and Frank have talked already through intermediaries.  So they know Frank is/was interested if that's the case. If the administration wanted him, they would have told their lackey AD to draw up an offer.  However, it never even got close to that point.  I don't see how a new AD is going to sell this.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 13, 2011, 12:05:43 PM »
So is Katz to blame here?  Can't get his client in the mix so his client hail mary's something in the media?

Kinda sounds like it is time for a new agent.

it doesn't take some genius agent representation to know that approaching the situation in the way he did was an awful business decision.  some things Frank should probably be able to figure out on his own. 

I am talking more about Katz not being able to get Miami talking than I am Frank doing the interview.

they hired a search committee.  frank didn't meet their criteria.  what more can you do?

Ya, cheating his ass off at Miami high is cool if you don't ever won't to work in that town again.  No rough ridin' way Miami was going to bring him back and let the local gator/Seminole/bulls/knights/international-whatevs  just tee off on their coach.  

Let me give you an analogy that will help convey what I am saying;  If you go kill a baby ina  village in africa, you probably cannot go coach basketball later in that same village in africa...BUT you CAN go coach in Manhattan, KS and get butt hurt about baby killer questions loads less.  Same thing.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
So is Katz to blame here?  Can't get his client in the mix so his client hail mary's something in the media?

it doesn't take some genius agent representation to know that approaching the situation in the way he did was an awful business decision.  some things Frank should probably be able to figure out on his own. 

I am talking more about Katz not being able to get Miami talking than I am Frank doing the interview.

they hired a search committee.  frank didn't meet their criteria.  what more can you do?

Ya, cheating his ass off at Miami high is cool if you don't ever won't to work in that town again.  No effing way Miami was going to bring him back and let the local gator/Seminole/bulls/knights/international-whatevs  just tee off on their coach.  

Let me give you an analogy that will help convey what I am saying;  If you go kill a baby ina  village in africa, you probably cannot go coach basketball later in that same village in africa...BUT you CAN go coach in Manhattan, KS and get butt hurt about baby killer questions loads less.  Same thing.

Allegedly kill a baby in Africa.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »

Ya, cheating his ass off at Miami high is cool if you don't ever won't to work in that town again.  No rough ridin' way Miami was going to bring him back and let the local gator/Seminole/bulls/knights/international-whatevs  just tee off on their coach.  

What if you won a bunch of championships and put a few kids in the NBA while killing said baby  :dunno:

catzacker

« Reply #2173 on: April 13, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »

Ya, cheating his ass off at Miami high is cool if you don't ever won't to work in that town again.  No effing way Miami was going to bring him back and let the local gator/Seminole/bulls/knights/international-whatevs  just tee off on their coach.  

i dunno.  sherron would be/is welcomed back to chicago and  he actually did what you're talking about.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 13, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
I'm not disagreeing, but you're assuming that this guy wants Frank, and that the administration wants Frank.

We know that UM and Frank have talked already through intermediaries.  So they know Frank is/was interested if that's the case. If the administration wanted him, they would have told their lackey AD to draw up an offer.  However, it never even got close to that point.  I don't see how a new AD is going to sell this.

And that's even assuming the new AD would want Martin.

I agree that very little has changed in the Miami/Martin drama. The new AD just gives media something to stir up again, and this will quickly go away when Miami starts looking at candidates that were on their original list from last week. Unless Martin decides to get something out there again.