Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936218 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2125 on: April 13, 2011, 09:13:27 AM »
LHC Bill Snyder hates K-State and wishes it was dead.  He's the most selfish POS that has ever walked the Manhattan streets.  If he wins football games I'm good with it though.  

Truth.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 13, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »
Frank is quite simply a coach that isn't good enough for a blue blood job but has built himself a situation that is better for him than virtually any non-blue blood job (Miami being the obvious exception, and they didn't even want to call him).

this is pretty true

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 13, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
Frank is quite simply a coach that isn't good enough for a blue blood job but has built himself a situation that is better for him than virtually any non-blue blood job (Miami being the obvious exception, and they didn't even want to call him).

this is pretty true

I missed this one, but Rusty is spot on here.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 13, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
Just saying, it made him look like a dumb ass...and like he was begging to get the eff out, which make kstate look like shipping as well, it could be perceived in many ways, but he hurts his cause by using the media simply because he comes across as a drama queen. eff that crap!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »
Just saying, it made him look like a dumb ass...and like he was begging to get the eff out, which make kstate look like shipping as well, it could be perceived in many ways, but he hurts his cause by using the media simply because he comes across as a drama queen. eff that crap!

you're an idiot

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: April 13, 2011, 09:29:14 AM »
So is Katz to blame here?  Can't get his client in the mix so his client hail mary's something in the media?

Kinda sounds like it is time for a new agent.

it doesn't take some genius agent representation to know that approaching the situation in the way he did was an awful business decision.  some things Frank should probably be able to figure out on his own. 

I am talking more about Katz not being able to get Miami talking than I am Frank doing the interview.

they hired a search committee.  frank didn't meet their criteria.  what more can you do?

Call Tucker, apparently.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 13, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
no one outside of k-state even has a clue what is happening or will remember it come November. Dumbass

Offline beefpac

• The Mexecutioner
  • Fan
  • The future is coming!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 13, 2011, 09:41:13 AM »
I have read through the past couple of pages of butthurt and cac and didn't see much on the new AD at UM.  I'm curious to see what peoples perception is on this new guy.  Is he going to come in and say "hey, no more search firm.  I'm going to make this hire.".  Don't you think he would want to make a home run hire (Frank or some other established coach) rather than limit himself to the firm?  Or, is he a "Yes" man.  Did he get the job because Shalala wants to run the show and he agreed to let her use the firm/pick the coach?  The reason I say that is becuase he has no AD experience (Correct me if I'm wrong) and is a relativly young so that makes sense on some level.  The same issues still apply (money, UM is football school/ small arena and so on), but I'm just wondering if this hire chages the direction UM is going.  Does this new AD come in and mix things up or just get his name associated to the firms hire?
"Ever heard of that one, Stan?"

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 13, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
I have read through the past couple of pages of butthurt and cac and didn't see much on the new AD at UM.  I'm curious to see what peoples perception is on this new guy.  Is he going to come in and say "hey, no more search firm.  I'm going to make this hire.".  Don't you think he would want to make a home run hire (Frank or some other established coach) rather than limit himself to the firm?  Or, is he a "Yes" man.  Did he get the job because Shalala wants to run the show and he agreed to let her use the firm/pick the coach?  The reason I say that is becuase he has no AD experience (Correct me if I'm wrong) and is a relativly young so that makes sense on some level.  The same issues still apply (money, UM is football school/ small arena and so on), but I'm just wondering if this hire chages the direction UM is going.  Does this new AD come in and mix things up or just get his name associated to the firms hire?

I think his hire makes Frank chances about the same. It went from 0% to 0%. He may indeed want to make his own hire, but I doubt it would be a guy he's seen Wisconsin handle twice in 4 years.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 13, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
Just saying, it made him look like a dumb ass...and like he was begging to get the eff out, which make kstate look like shipping as well, it could be perceived in many ways, but he hurts his cause by using the media simply because he comes across as a drama queen. eff that cac!
no one outside of k-state even has a clue what is happening or will remember it come November. Dumbass

And even if they did, they view us as a stepping stone anyway (i.e. Jim Rome).

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »

I think his hire makes Frank chances about the same. It went from 0% to 0%. He may indeed want to make his own hire, but I doubt it would be a guy he's seen Wisconsin handle twice in 4 years.

That and they've probably already outlined what they're looking for in a basketball coach should he choose to go outside of the firm.

They aren't targeting that particular murderer's row unless a strict set of criteria has been put forth (affordability, lack of controversy, clean image, etc.) by the upper administration (i.e. Shalala) and big money donors.

catzacker

« Reply #2136 on: April 13, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »

this is pretty true

qft.  and the same could be said for ksu.  we have a coach that, if he were at another school, we couldn't afford and/or he woudn't want to come here.  both sides have it pretty good (yet are unsure how long it will last).  if frank pulls an emaw out of his hat next year and gets to the tourney, will be interesting to see how much more currie pays him.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 13, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »

this is pretty true

qft.  and the same could be said for ksu.  we have a coach that, if he were at another school, we couldn't afford and/or he woudn't want to come here.  both sides have it pretty good (yet are unsure how long it will last).  if frank pulls an emaw out of his hat next year and gets to the tourney, will be interesting to see how much more currie pays him.

Frank will have earned a pay hike if he makes the tourney next year. Will be one of his best coaching jobs to date.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 13, 2011, 10:08:54 AM »
John Currie laughs at the silliness thought up by Frank Martin.
:flush:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 13, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »

this is pretty true

Frank will have earned a pay hike if he makes the tourney next year. Will be one of his best coaching jobs to date.

Frank put himself in that position.  If he doesn't make the tourn. it's his own fault.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 13, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »

this is pretty true

If Frank takes the team to the tournament next year Currie has to pony up; rework the deal and get Frank to $2 Mil. JMHO.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 13, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 13, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
how many coaches are good enough for a blueblood offer given that there are only a handful of bluebloods?  and uk hiring bcg makes a blueblood offering frank at least conceivable.  not sure why we're stroking ourselves off on that point.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 13, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
caneswatch Jorge Milian
Attention to Frank Martin: Eichorst says "everyone who has an interest (in UM job) will get consideration."

catzacker

« Reply #2144 on: April 13, 2011, 10:32:51 AM »

this is pretty true

If Frank takes the team to the tournament next year Currie has to pony up; rework the deal and get Frank to $2 Mil. JMHO.

hypothetically speaking, if frank gets next year's team to a top 4 finish, what the hell does that say that, regardless of the talent on his roster or the competition, he's going to finish 3 or 4? kinda bad and good I suppose.  also, 1.8M is prolly the number.  it's frank's decision to make 'te 450K rather than te 250K.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: April 13, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
sgorten Steve Gorten
Frank Martin: new #UM AD says EVERYONE will be considered Whatever u do, just don't let Donald Trump write angry note on your behalf. #Leach

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 13, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
UCONN will have an opening soon.  It will be interesting to see which member of the non-local media Frank calls to question their decision not to interview him.  

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 13, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
UCONN will have an opening soon.  It will be interesting to see which member of the non-local media Frank calls to question their decision not to interview him.  

Gotta be Jim Rome

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »
sgorten Steve Gorten
Frank Martin: new #UM AD says EVERYONE will be considered Whatever u do, just don't let Donald Trump write angry note on your behalf. #Leach

Things are looking up, Frank!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 13, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
Crying at the presser, telling all the shirt tucks what they want to hear, benching Kelly and whoever so the tucks can see that he's in charge, scolding the media so tucks can talk about how he sticks up for his players, using the media to go home, or to have the tucks get behind him, the whole season was a drama, Its funny how all you people could see that when things weren't going so well. All I care about is whether he wins games so if he doesn't want to be here than good luck and goobye...