Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936163 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #2050 on: April 12, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
True.  It's pretty bad when a recruit wants to wait to sign until he figures out where Frank will be coaching next season.  Nice work bad person.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 12, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
Ben calling people insecure is absolutely hilarious.  You spend 99% of your time on this board seeking validation.  It's not even sad anymore, it's effing tragic.

He fights fire with fire!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 12, 2011, 08:17:47 PM »
If anyone followed Bob Fescoe last night on Twitter, you saw the pinnacle of low self esteem/constant need for validation in Bandwagonville in all its glory.

no crap, could not believe him yesterday.  hilarious.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 12, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
Miami hired an AD:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6337234

Don't care if repost.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
Miami hired an AD:

Don't care if repost.

well it's a rough ridin' repost anyway

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: April 12, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »
Miami hired an AD:

Don't care if repost.

Didn't feel like combing through the whole thread after a 10 hour work day  :curse:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 12, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
Miami hired an AD:

Don't care if repost.

well it's a effing repost anyway

Didn't feel like combing through the whole thread after a 10 hour work day  :curse:

Well other people don't feel like reading your old news.   :curse:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 12, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »
Miami hired an AD:

Don't care if repost.

Didn't feel like combing through the whole thread after a 10 hour work day  :curse:
BBS at work then  :rolleyes:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 12, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »
10 hour work day?  Most rich as Gates emaw fans don't work that many hours in a month.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 12, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
Miami hired an AD:

Don't care if repost.

Didn't feel like combing through the whole thread after a 10 hour work day  :curse:
can't blame you pike, this thread is a cesspool

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 12, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »
I bet Pike drives a kia to work every day.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 12, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »

I drive a truck god damn it  :chainsaw:

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »

I drive a truck god damn it  :chainsaw:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
Love how frank tried to use the local media, manbeck (who I really like), etc. To write pieces with quotes from shakey or whatever saying frank isn't leaving and then used a full fledged national media attack (Rome, ap writer guy) to get the whole frank to Miami should happen ball rolling. For anybody that questions that he might be new to this and doesn't know what he's doing with the media or quotes were taken out of context then wow, just wow. Using the media might be what frank is best at.

No doubt he's good at it and this is about Frank getting attention from Miami, but I don't think its just 100% he wants to go to Miami. I don't equate the AP story to the Brando interview and the early Meek and Cassidy pieces. At that point Frank had complete control. He orchestrated/agreed to the specific interview with Brando and got the quotes out there he wanted. He knew people would call Shakey/Art, he didn't orchestrate those completely, but he knew what they would say. And at that point he probably thought the Miami call was imminent, it just didn't come. Like I said, I'm not going to say 100% that he definitely wants to go there or not, that's still unclear to me, but no doubt he at least wants the call. I think when Miami started looking seriously at Amaker (!), then it got real to Frank. So then Tucker calls or he calls Tucker and a new twist is added to the whole thing.

I think Frank is trying to control the information out of his side of things as best he can, just much different from how Anderson and many others do things. But in Frank's case he isn't getting the type of attention he likely wanted and he is seeing these guys he no doubt thinks he's much better than getting paid $2 mil a year without some sort of yearly increase or large base of incentives and his ego is hurt.

Either way, with an offer from Miami Frank would've looked great. He's either going home to rebuild a bad program or he's staying at the program that gave him a chance. More Frank love from the media. But now he's sitting there seeing Miami go after this list: UAB’s Mike Davis, Auburn’s Tony Barbee, Murray State’s Billy Kennedy, Harvard’s Tommy Amaker, Richmond’s Chris Mooney, as well as former Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel and former Arkansas coach John Pelphrey. I really can't blame Frank for wondering what the heck is going on here.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 12, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »
Love how frank tried to use the local media, manbeck (who I really like), etc. To write pieces with quotes from shakey or whatever saying frank isn't leaving and then used a full fledged national media attack (Rome, ap writer guy) to get the whole frank to Miami should happen ball rolling. For anybody that questions that he might be new to this and doesn't know what he's doing with the media or quotes were taken out of context then wow, just wow. Using the media might be what frank is best at.

No doubt he's good at it and this is about Frank getting attention from Miami, but I don't think its just 100% he wants to go to Miami. I don't equate the AP story to the Brando interview and the early Meek and Cassidy pieces. At that point Frank had complete control. He orchestrated/agreed to the specific interview with Brando and got the quotes out there he wanted. He knew people would call Shakey/Art, he didn't orchestrate those completely, but he knew what they would say. And at that point he probably thought the Miami call was imminent, it just didn't come. Like I said, I'm not going to say 100% that he definitely wants to go there or not, that's still unclear to me, but no doubt he at least wants the call. I think when Miami started looking seriously at Amaker (!), then it got real to Frank. So then Tucker calls or he calls Tucker and a new twist is added to the whole thing.

I think Frank is trying to control the information out of his side of things as best he can, just much different from how Anderson and many others do things. But in Frank's case he isn't getting the type of attention he likely wanted and he is seeing these guys he no doubt thinks he's much better than getting paid $2 mil a year without some sort of yearly increase or large base of incentives and his ego is hurt.

Either way, with an offer from Miami Frank would've looked great. He's either going home to rebuild a bad program or he's staying at the program that gave him a chance. More Frank love from the media. But now he's sitting there seeing Miami go after this list: UAB’s Mike Davis, Auburn’s Tony Barbee, Murray State’s Billy Kennedy, Harvard’s Tommy Amaker, Richmond’s Chris Mooney, as well as former Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel and former Arkansas coach John Pelphrey. I really can't blame Frank for wondering what the heck is going on here.

Interesting take, hadn't really thought of it like that.  You're right too. Franks got to be wondering how he doesn't even get a look.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 12, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »
Maybe just maybe this works out in our favor. Frank doesnt get the Miami job since he is perceived to be a hot head who abuses his players(only good thing Energy was for). The chip on his shoulder grows exponentially and he rededicates himself to recruiting and winning enough games to make Miami look foolish for passing on him for his perceived faults?   :ck:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2066 on: April 12, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

I think Kitchen's piece may have pinpointed why they're going with that particular list.

It could be that the current Miami administration isn't really looking at hiring a guy with a controversial disposition and the New Times up his posse's ass.

This isn't going to change with the new AD.  If they wanted him and wanted to have a serious conversation by now, they would have had it.  Hell, they'd have announced him as the HC already, and he'd be picking out a nice home in a gated community somewhere.  This has to be coming down from Shalala and/or the big money at Miami, and not even Ginger McWhitebread is going to come in swinging for the fences to make a splash in his first week.  I'm sure he's had a conversation with the administration, and "No Frank Martin" has probably already been discussed.

That's why Frank's move doesn't seem calculated to me.  Maybe he's just venting to Tucker for the reasons you mentioned, but you HAVE to think that Katz has already called him and told him to STFU.  He's screwing things up with his current employer for a job he isn't going to even get a serious look at.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 12, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »
he's far too calculating to merely be pouting.  

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 12, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
Interesting take, hadn't really thought of it like that.  You're right too. Franks got to be wondering how he doesn't even get a look.

Tommy Amaker!?!? I bet that alone had Frank steaming.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2069 on: April 12, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »

Tommy Amaker!?!? I bet that alone had Frank steaming.

That should have been the big, flashing "NO VACANCY" sign right in his face.

It's not happening there.  Period.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: April 12, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »

I think Kitchen's piece may have pinpointed why they're going with that particular list.

It could be that the current Miami administration isn't really looking at hiring a guy with a controversial disposition and the New Times up his posse's ass.

This isn't going to change with the new AD.  If they wanted him and wanted to have a serious conversation by now, they would have had it.  Hell, they'd have announced him as the HC already, and he'd be picking out a nice home in a gated community somewhere.  This has to be coming down from Shalala and/or the big money at Miami, and not even Ginger McWhitebread is going to come in swinging for the fences to make a splash in his first week.  I'm sure he's had a conversation with the administration, and "No Frank Martin" has probably already been discussed.

That's why Frank's move doesn't seem calculated to me.  Maybe he's just venting to Tucker for the reasons you mentioned, but you HAVE to think that Katz has already called him and told him to STFU.  He's screwing things up with his current employer for a job he isn't going to even get a serious look at.

While not fair, the "hot head" pictures are the one's that make it in news media outside of MHK.  So, when any story about Frank gets out it always has him yelling, stompin, complainin', etc.  Doesn't paint a realistic 24/7 image.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 12, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »
I really can't blame Frank for wondering what the heck is going on here.

But in your scenario Frank openly risks alienating his entire fan base by involving the media because he didn't get attention from a school he would have turned down with the world watching.

Thats pants-on-head Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) on Frank's part. Seems well beyond a matter of just ego to risk that much for the satisfaction of turning down a job you don't really want. How much could that really do for your ego?

I'm not sure that jives well when so many people, before Frank's little diatribe, were saying Frank would kill his first born for the Miami job. He can't be a master at media manipulation and yet a colossal moron at the same time as some of the narratives spouted here seem to imply. Seems more like desperation than pure ego. He sees his chance fading away and makes a seemingly subtle (although not so much) attempt at changing Miami's perspective on hiring him.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: April 12, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »
I'll bring it up again.  This has to be the reason that Kirby Hocutt bailed on Miami.  He most likely had Jon Gruden signed, sealed, and delivered and then some higher up said: "wait a second, he left the Raiders under odd circumstances."

If Jon Gruden is too dirty for Miami, then Frank has absolutely zero chance.

Hocutt hired the squeaky clean Temple coach and then got the hell out of there as soon as he could. He understood that his potential was severely limited there.  And what was the first thing he did at Texas Tech?  Hire Billy Gillespie.  A home run.  Think that could have happened at Miami?

Frank needs to get over his butt hurt and make this his home.  We give second chances at Kansas State.  Miami does not.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 12, 2011, 09:40:52 PM »
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Nope-AD is from Wisconsin RT @BBryan75: @gottliebshow is Miami going to call Frank Martin?

this is funnier than a whore.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 12, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »
GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
Nope-AD is from Wisconsin RT @BBryan75: @gottliebshow is Miami going to call Frank Martin?

this is funnier than a whore.

Cause they ran off their AD from K-State who wanted to hire Jon freaking Super Bowl Champion Gruden and made him take a loser from Temple instead.  The joke is on Miami.