Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936196 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1925 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
Gonna be fun as hell to boo Frank and cheer Currie this coming season  :pbj:

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
the last 24 hours have been really interesting.  surprising how many of you became Currie lovers

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 12, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »
the last 24 hours have been really interesting.  surprising how many of you became Currie lovers

I'm not 100% certain you know what's going on

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 12, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »
You know, at the end of the day even if Frank doesn't get his dream job he should be proud of himself for the amazing effort he put forth.

At this point, I'm kind of rootin' for him.  

This is truly one of the great performances.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 12, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »
eff John Currie for making Frank's job so unbearable.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 12, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »
You know, at the end of the day even if Frank doesn't get his dream job he should be proud of himself for the amazing effort he put forth.

At this point, I'm kind of rootin' for him.  

This is truly one of the great performances.

It has been great. 

And Trim . . . big props to John Currie for showing Frank who is boss.   Otherwise we're headed down the same path we got put on by OB.

Hey Frank . . . go recruit somebody worth a damn will ya!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »
And Trim . . . big props to John Currie for showing Frank who is boss.   Otherwise we're headed down the same path we got put on by OB.

I don't care if Frank gets fired because he sucks at being a basketball coach.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 12, 2011, 11:29:25 AM »

:surprised: :horrorsurprise: :surprised: :horrorsurprise: :dubious:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 12, 2011, 11:30:08 AM »
the last 24 hours have been really interesting.  surprising how many of you became Currie lovers

I'm not 100% certain you know what's going on

nobody is.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 12, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
And Trim . . . big props to John Currie for showing Frank who is boss.   Otherwise we're headed down the same path we got put on by OB.

Yeah, bad enunciation.  I wouldn't care if Frank got dumped should it be determined he's running the program into the ground.  I care that Currie makes things difficult for Frank because he doesn't fit into the tuck mold.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: April 12, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »
And Trim . . . big props to John Currie for showing Frank who is boss.   Otherwise we're headed down the same path we got put on by OB.

Yeah, bad enunciation.  I wouldn't care if Frank got dumped should it be determined he's running the program into the ground.  I care that Currie makes things difficult for Frank because he doesn't fit into the tuck mold.

Currie knows the tucks pay the bills. He's really done an incredible job when you compare him to our past AD's.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 12, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »
Kind of cool how much the national media loves Frank.  What a team effort for their darling!

I'm gonna really miss that when this new AD tells this dumbass search committee to eff off and hires him.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1937 on: April 12, 2011, 11:35:13 AM »
It's hard to hate Currie given that Schulz hired him.

Schulz is just amazing.  :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 12, 2011, 11:36:44 AM »
It's hard to hate Currie given that Schulz hired him.

Schulz is just amazing.  :love:

Tier 1! :emawkid:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 12, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »
eff John Currie for making Frank's job so unbearable.

Trim gets "it."
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 12, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »

Yeah, it's a tough call.  

Hey, more props to Frank if he's praying on non tuck fears and hoping that the administration has non tuck/anti tuck fears as well.  

Wabash . . . but I am secretly holding out for a Frank move to Miami, and then a Pearl hire.   That's almost full time midnight BBS'ing right there son.

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 12, 2011, 11:41:04 AM »
Ok - seriously.  I love Frank, but even he has to understand that some people may actually not want him as their coach.

It is like the girl you have a mad crush on that you would do anything to go out with, but she is not interested.  You can act like a dipcac and look all stupid OR you can start working it more, get a better car, etc.  

Then come back to her when you are more awesome.  Frank is not even close to matching his potential in awesomeness.  

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 12, 2011, 11:50:43 AM »

If Pearl isnt' given a "show cause" thingy ma-jig and we hire him, then he would totally alleviate any "Frank is gone" anxiety that I may experience.

Yeah, it's a tough call.  

Hey, more props to Frank if he's praying on non tuck fears and hoping that the administration has non tuck/anti tuck fears as well.  

Wabash . . . but I am secretly holding out for a Frank move to Miami, and then a Pearl hire.   That's almost full time midnight BBS'ing right there son.

I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

catzacker

« Reply #1943 on: April 12, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
Kind of cool how much the national media loves Frank.  What a team effort for their darling!

I'm gonna really miss that when this new AD tells this dumbass search committee to eff off and hires him.

dunno.  he's boys with shalalalala so one would assume that they've already discussed the hire in the interview process.  but frank is putting the full court press on for miami.  an interview (when he said he wouldn't do one) and now telling rome to lobby for him, all while a new ad gets announced.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 12, 2011, 12:10:21 PM »
If Martin doesn't get Miami and pearl is cleared to coach with no penalties then I am starting a fire Martin and hire pearl campaign.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 12, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »
Yeah, it's a tough call.  

Wabash . . . but I am secretly holding out for a Frank move to Miami, and then a Pearl hire.   That's almost full time midnight BBS'ing right there son.

I was all for bumping Frank's pay if someone was making a legitimate move to get him. That doesn't appear to be happening and he has for whatever reason reacted poorly or at least didn't convey very well what he really wanted to with the AP reporter. So even if he just wanted Miami to be interested, really wanted to go home, or if he's ticked at Currie, it doesn't matter now because he has no leverage unless Miami changes course and comes after him. Probably his best choice now is to just remain quiet, let this play out, make sure he gets Rodriguez signed, then have an informal sit down with the local media guys and get this thing over. Then figure out how he's going to piece next year's team together to hopefully contend for an NCAA birth.

In the unlikely scenario that Frank leaves, I'd be all for going after Pearl.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 12, 2011, 12:19:33 PM »
If Martin doesn't get Miami and pearl is cleared to coach with no penalties then I am starting a fire Martin and hire pearl campaign.

yeah, I would be for doing this mid-summer or whenever this rough ridin' stupid show clause thing dipshits keep talking about is cleared up.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »
Yeah, it's a tough call.  

Wabash . . . but I am secretly holding out for a Frank move to Miami, and then a Pearl hire.   That's almost full time midnight BBS'ing right there son.

I was all for bumping Frank's pay if someone was making a legitimate move to get him. That doesn't appear to be happening and he has for whatever reason reacted poorly or at least didn't convey very well what he really wanted to with the AP reporter. So even if he just wanted Miami to be interested, really wanted to go home, or if he's ticked at Currie, it doesn't matter now because he has no leverage unless Miami changes course and comes after him. Probably his best choice now is to just remain quiet, let this play out, make sure he gets Rodriguez signed, then have an informal sit down with the local media guys and get this thing over. Then figure out how he's going to piece next year's team together to hopefully contend for an NCAA birth.

In the unlikely scenario that Frank leaves, I'd be all for going after Pearl.

I think _FAN and I are the only ones that realize this is just one big misunderstanding. He was taken out of context. This will blow over. Everyone keep loving Frank ok.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »
 :bawl: why Frank?  Why???  :bawl: we loved you so much.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »