Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 942871 times)

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1900 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:09 AM »
Frank with some angry eyes and some loud yelling when Tommy Amaker turns down Miami to stay at Harvard.

Gonna be interesting to see how many of UM's top candidates turn them down before Frank finally gets his call. 

Frank won't get a call.  Miami wants a guy that's squeaky clean.  Frank is shaky clean.

If they won't even call Frank, it doesn't seem like much of a leap to guess that Gruden wanted the football job but was rejected somewhere above the AD level.  Any of the other reasons that have been floated about what caused Hocutt to flee are ridiculous.  That one makes sense.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1901 on: April 12, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
DINNER GOT DANGEROUS!
Source: Night before AD's dismissal, Martin,
Currie threw down at Harry's Uptown

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
SNAKE OIL SNAILSMAN!
Even as Miami ups its offer to $501k, K-State
AD Currie slow to offer Martin new contract

You're terrible at these.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:24:46 PM by Gooch »

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »
I do agree that they are all the same, but Frank has always seemed to conceal it better.
Granted, it's a minor point.

well, I guess he did a good job concealing it to morons. No offense.

None taken......guess my primary comparison (until yesterday) has been Mike Anderson who did everything to get speculation out and about, and even he and his agent commented on it. Frank has obviously been speculating around, but he usually refuses to comment on it

Until yesterday.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 12, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
So I'm picturing Frank waking up every morning now with a big "sigh..."  Walking into the kitchen to make some coffee (kicks the cac out of the dog) and sitting down to a laptop to see what's happening with the Miami search.  After a few moments he mutters... "mother effers" a few times, slams the laptop shut, (kicks the cac out of that dog again) and limps off to take a shower.  (Cries in the shower)

You forgot - checks weather.com for zip code 33109, mumbles "you gotta be rough ridin' kidding me"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: April 12, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
Just a little reminder to the board at page fifty something.

All Frank has to do in order to make $1.55 million dollars in 2011-2012 is be alive, and be working as head men's basketball coach at K-State.   That's his salary plus a retention bonus.   For this year he'll make a minimum of $1.3 million, it could go over that depending the APR scores and what not.   Once you toss in all the other little perks, likely non on court related performance bonuses, Frank's total compensation package for 2011-2012 nears $1.7 million .   In addition, just last spring he got a signing bonus of nearly $500K.  

Upon reading that, maybe some of you "guys" will understand why Currie is probably letting Frank sit and stew on his angry chair for awhile.  

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: April 12, 2011, 09:32:39 AM »

All Frank has to do in order to make $1.55 million dollars in 2011-2012 is be alive, and be working as head men's basketball coach at K-State.   That's his salary plus a retention bonus.   For this year he'll make a minimum of $1.3 million, it could go over that depending the APR scores and what not.   Once you toss in all the other little perks, likely non on court related performance bonuses, Frank's total compensation package for 2011-2012 nears $1.7 million .   In addition, just last spring he got a signing bonus of nearly $500K.  

Upon reading that, maybe some of you "guys" will understand why Currie is probably letting Frank sit and stew on his angry chair for awhile.  

I agree and think more to blame than Currie is Arkansas, Missouri, and OU for paying stupid money for non-deserving coaches.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 12, 2011, 10:02:24 AM »

I agree and think more to blame than Currie is Arkansas, Missouri, and OU for paying stupid money for non-deserving coaches.

Absolutely.  How can Frank not want a raise with those 2 fruits getting one?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1908 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 12, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
So I'm picturing Frank waking up every morning now with a big "sigh..."  Walking into the kitchen to make some coffee (kicks the crap out of the dog) and sitting down to a laptop to see what's happening with the Miami search.  After a few moments he mutters... "mother fuckers" a few times, slams the laptop shut, (kicks the crap out of that dog again) and limps off to take a shower.  (Cries in the shower)

i think martin would say "what a joke" rather than "mother fuckers".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #1911 on: April 12, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »

not that it doesn't matter what he's being paid or will be paid but what matters more is how much someone else will pay him.  frank's basically saying "i've turned down jobs that were going to offer me more money, so maybe you (currie) should reconsider how much you pay me or I'm going to leave.  Also, tell miami that i'd run to that job for 1.3M".

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:40 AM »
Frank has done nothing this past year to warrent a raise or extention.  If Miami came calling he would have some leverage and he is pissed that they didn't even throw him a bone.  The salary talk is strange and probably a stupid ploy for who knows what reason but it really makes him look dumb. 

I'm kind of meh on the whole thing, he will have a below average season this next year due to the talent drop and learning curve for the new guys.  If he can pull something out of his back side and have a good run in the big 12 next year he could probably have a sit down with Curry and make demands for an extention (if that is what he wants) Still confused by his statements, but until I hear different, I assume he just did a bad job in the wrong place to create leverage.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 12, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »
frank's basically saying "i've turned down jobs that were going to offer me more money, so maybe you (currie) should reconsider how much you pay me or I'm going to leave.  Also, tell miami that i'd run to that job for 1.3M".

yeah, martin has made it pretty clear that when next year's renegotions open there's not much point in discussing money.  martin will be trying to get the campus relocated to miami, currie may open with keeping the campus in kansas, but if he decides to play hardball he'll push for chicago or eugene.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1914 on: April 12, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »
Well, this is interesting. The new Miami AD has seen Frank coach in person twice.

I'm sure Bo Ryan will give Frank a ringing endorsement.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1915 on: April 12, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »
Does the new Miami AD really want to have "hired Tommy Amaker" on his resume?

The guy is going to make an aggressive push for FRANK!

:ksu:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »
looks like a less scrawny john currie  :lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 12, 2011, 10:45:39 AM »
looks like a less scrawny john currie  :lol:

Very Wisconsin-y looking. Like he eats lots of cheese and could easily be Bruesewitz's uncle.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 12, 2011, 10:45:58 AM »

OMG that's saul's cousin!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 12, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
could easily be Bruesewitz's uncle.

bruesewitz is very attractive, this person is not.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: April 12, 2011, 10:56:11 AM »

If I lived in Miami I would be stocking up on a few years worth of sunscreen before this guy gets to town.   

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 12, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »
Great now national sport talk personalities are lobbying for Frank to the U. Everyone hates us  :bawl:

Quote from: Jim Rome
The U needs to hire Frank Martin. Fast.....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 12, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »

not that it doesn't matter what he's being paid or will be paid but what matters more is how much someone else will pay him.  frank's basically saying "i've turned down jobs that were going to offer me more money, so maybe you (currie) should reconsider how much you pay me or I'm going to leave.  Also, tell miami that i'd run to that job for 1.3M".

I understand, but he's probably not going to get any more money from K-State right now.   If he wants more money he should have taken those other jobs or found a better agent.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 12, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »
Rome talking about it now.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »
Rome talking about it now.

'Grats Frank!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008