Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 926243 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1850 on: April 11, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
lol rake

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: April 11, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
Frank openly hating on us makes me hurt on the inside.
:ck: but he said we were the greatest fans in America?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1853 on: April 11, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »

I'm being serious...

I think Frank is pretty butt hurt right now.  A combination of Currie not wanting to talk extension plus Miami not wanting to talk to him at all...all while Lon Kruger gets $2.2 million to go to OU and Mike Anderson gets $2 million to go to Arkansas, is probably eating at the big chip on his shoulder.

Frank is a guy who feels disrespected a lot.  I get it.  It's who he is, and if I were in his position, I'd probably feel the same way.  However, someone needs to get a muzzle on him because he's starting to look kind of desperate here, and that's not going to endear him to other employers.  He's pretty much the only guy out there openly lobbying for a job right now not named Larry Brown, and it looks pretty bad to basically say, "I'll take less money to go anywhere.  Takers?"

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: April 11, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »

I'm being serious...

I think Frank is pretty butt hurt right now.  A combination of Currie not wanting to talk extension plus Miami not wanting to talk to him at all...all while Lon Kruger gets $2.2 million to go to OU and Mike Anderson gets $2 million to go to Arkansas, is probably eating at the big chip on his shoulder.

Frank is a guy who feels disrespected a lot.  I get it.  It's who he is, and if I were in his position, I'd probably feel the same way.  However, someone needs to get a muzzle on him because he's starting to look kind of desperate here, and that's not going to endear him to other employers.  He's pretty much the only guy out there openly lobbying for a job right now not named Larry Brown, and it looks pretty bad to basically say, "I'll take less money to go anywhere.  Takers?"

Yep. Everyone gets that Frank is emotional and sensitive and says what he thinks, but everyone, even the most loudmouth coaches in America, also know you just don't say things like he did about this kind of stuff, for obvious reasons. I'm sure it took a lot of butthurt to cause this, but a lot of it could have also just been his inexperience in dealing with stuff like this.

The only other explanation is that he just doesn't give a crap about what we think anymore. Which wouldn't be good at all.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: April 11, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »

I'm being serious...

I think Frank is pretty butt hurt right now.  A combination of Currie not wanting to talk extension plus Miami not wanting to talk to him at all...all while Lon Kruger gets $2.2 million to go to OU and Mike Anderson gets $2 million to go to Arkansas, is probably eating at the big chip on his shoulder.

Frank is a guy who feels disrespected a lot.  I get it.  It's who he is, and if I were in his position, I'd probably feel the same way.  However, someone needs to get a muzzle on him because he's starting to look kind of desperate here, and that's not going to endear him to other employers.  He's pretty much the only guy out there openly lobbying for a job right now not named Larry Brown, and it looks pretty bad to basically say, "I'll take less money to go anywhere.  Takers?"

Yep. Everyone gets that Frank is emotional and sensitive and says what he thinks, but everyone, even the most loudmouth coaches in America, also know you just don't say things like he did about this kind of stuff, for obvious reasons. I'm sure it took a lot of butthurt to cause this, but a lot of it could have also just been his inexperience in dealing with stuff like this.

The only other explanation is that he just doesn't give a cac about what we think anymore. Which wouldn't be good at all.

Never, ever, ever underestimate the impact of this if you're looking at hiring someone.

It doesn't matter if you're an AD or a mid-level manager at a small company, you don't want to waste a bunch of hours dealing with crap like this because someone doesn't know how to handle some pretty basic professional situations.  And if he's this upset that he's not getting an extension or someone didn't offer him a job, do you really think someone at a big time program is going to want to deal with this kind of melodrama?  No.  Way.

Like I said, he needs to stop talking.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: April 11, 2011, 09:14:28 PM »
Talk to us Frank. Tell us how you feel. Love us, love us again.  :runaway:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 11, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »
emotional responses aside (fan responses), nobody thinks martin is particularly intelligent, but he's not a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) either.  so we should probably assume he had some reason for making these thoughts public.  something other than being paranoid, hypersensitive and u-mad.

really the only thing i can think of that isn't some deep, ridiculous mindgamey crap would be that he thinks that by making clear how much he wants the miami job, and how cheap he'd be willing to make himself be, he can move some people to pressure shalala, the interim a.d. and whoever else needs to be pressured.  that seems like a real longshot to me, but perhaps he has some indication that makes it seem a more reasonable strategy than it appears.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: April 11, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
franks been doing this crap for quite a while. This wasn't his first goddam interview, dipshits.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1860 on: April 11, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »
SNAKE OIL SNAILSMAN!
Even as Miami ups its offer to $501k, K-State
AD Currie slow to offer Martin new contract

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: April 11, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
emotional responses aside (fan responses), nobody thinks martin is particularly intelligent, but he's not a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) either.  so we should probably assume he had some reason for making these thoughts public.  something other than being paranoid, hypersensitive and u-mad.

really the only thing i can think of that isn't some deep, ridiculous mindgamey crap would be that he thinks that by making clear how much he wants the miami job, and how cheap he'd be willing to make himself be, he can move some people to pressure shalala, the interim a.d. and whoever else needs to be pressured.  that seems like a real longshot to me, but perhaps he has some indication that makes it seem a more reasonable strategy than it appears.

So you're leaning toward the "doesn't give a crap what we think" option?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: April 11, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »
franks been doing this crap for quite a while. This wasn't his first goddam interview, dipshits.

lol yeah. franks been a somewhat hot commodity for head coaching jobs for decades now and gets shutout by the dream job he thought he had in the bag every couple weeks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: April 11, 2011, 09:27:18 PM »

i was till i saw the amaker offer blurb.  which, if true, moves me into the he's just a dumbass camp.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: April 11, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »

i was till i saw the amaker offer blurb.  which, if true, moves me into the he's just a dumbass camp.

yeah. I'm moving closer and closer to that camp by the minute.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: April 11, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »
SNAKE OIL SNAILSMAN!
Even as Miami ups its offer to $501k, K-State
AD Currie slow to offer Martin new contract

lol

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: April 11, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »
or maybe he is just some fiu Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110411/SPORTS0203/104110408/1361/Report--Tommy-Amaker-has-%E2%80%98serious-offer%E2%80%99-to-coach-Miami

Katz couldn't have supported Frank talking to Tucker.  Frank probably went off and did that one himself.

I seriously think he's painted himself into a bad situation, doesn't know how to handle it, and is probably going to Sheen this until that job is filled.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: April 11, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
Katz couldn't have supported Frank talking to Tucker.  Frank probably went off and did that one himself.

I seriously think he's painted himself into a bad situation, doesn't know how to handle it, and is probably going to Sheen this until that job is filled.

It'll be interesting to hear his response when somebody asks him about the fan perception that he was shopping himself to Miami. Will he give a veiled, coach-speak answer or another "raw and honest" response? Could be fun, or a non-issue.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: April 11, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
CURRIE THE F*CK UP!
Desperate to keep Frank Martin in Manhattan,
K-State fans tell AD to pony up — or get out

Add Ted Danson to the celeb EMAW camp?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1869 on: April 11, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »
SHALALA DON'T WANNA PAY YA!
After Miami hires on the cheap, confused
Martin vows to ditch K-State next year

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
don't stop rake.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1871 on: April 11, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »
don't stop rake.

Think I have to. Headlines getting progressively worse.  :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: April 11, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
What has K-State done exactly to be clown suited?   

Nothing really.

Isn't this the rundown?

1. Anderson gets $2 mil he's not worth....
2. Kruger gets $2.2 mil he's not really worth...
3. Miami job opens up and they don't even offer Frank an opportunity (whether he accepts or not is moot)
4. Currie doesn't offer an extension/ raise....
5. Frank feels bad because of 4 and 5
6. Frank says things that people laugh at him for in interview..

I can def. see where Currie is coming from.  Frank just got a substantial raise last year.  He was so happy he cried during the presser.  Just because Arky and OU are overpaying for coaches doesn't mean that Currie thinks he has to up Frank's pay right now. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1873 on: April 11, 2011, 09:52:19 PM »
How soon and where will we see the first, "I wish Frank would have went to Miami post".

I say Dax and after the next player leaves. JHR :ohno: Nick :pbj:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-kansasst-martin

Frank is just so "hard" to read.   Excellent job getting the message out to Miami that he's really not making $1.5 million a year.   

What's next Frank, a banner behind a plane over Coral Gables?

The way that article was written makes me highly suspicious that those quotes are used in the correct context.  Every quote is preceded by a paragraph explaining what the quote is supposed to mean.  Pretty bizarre.  

Regardless, the direct quotes on their own are fairly disconcerting.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
Frank has given Currie almost no reason to give him a raise, even into the future. He already publicly stated that he's willing to coach somewhere else for less money, so what's the point of paying him more?