Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936105 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1675 on: April 11, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »
Poor Frank.  He wants to leave so bad.

Probably realized that we're not cool with second round exits and fourth place anymore.  Miami fans would rough ridin' love him for that crap.  Hell, some of them might even show up for the games, IN PERSON!!!

<-- am very satisfied with this as an avg. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 11, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »

Probably realized that we're not cool with second round exits and fourth place anymore.  Miami fans would rough ridin' love him for that crap.  Hell, some of them might even show up for the games, IN PERSON!!!

That's loser talk and that's sure as hell not what Frank's been selling.  Bet you guys were totally happy with last year's football season then, right?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 11, 2011, 02:13:59 PM »

Probably realized that we're not cool with second round exits and fourth place anymore.  Miami fans would effing love him for that cac.  Hell, some of them might even show up for the games, IN PERSON!!!

I'm plenty cool with second round exits and fourth place in the Big XII at this point.

Two decades of futility against KU in Manhattan and utter irrelevance within the college basketball landscape will do that.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 11, 2011, 02:16:53 PM »

That's loser talk and that's sure as hell not what Frank's been selling.  Bet you guys were totally happy with last year's football season then, right?

I guess I didn't realize that the football team finished the year ranked and played in the Alamo Bowl (football equivalent to our basketball season).

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »

You obviously don't read if you think I was happy with anything associated with last year's football season.

22+ wins per season as an avg, eff yeah I'll take that and run for the next several years.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 11, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »

I guess I didn't realize that the football team finished the year ranked and played in the Alamo Bowl (football equivalent to our basketball season).

The football team wasn't preseason #3 either.  Just saying that if just being decent is your thing, than I imagine your life is pretty sad.  WE MADE IT TO THE ALAMO BOWL!!!!!!!!

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 11, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
I don't quite get the play here...

Frank has no leverage for a raise if Miami hasn't called.
Miami knows Frank would listen

So why bother admitting the things he said in the last article?

Makes no sense.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 11, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »
So, with this article now in tow...and Frank has essentially resorted to trying to orchestrate a job offer from Miami through the media, he at this point couldn't give two cacs if he alienates the entire fan base and university that he works for.

If I'm Miami, get on the phone and simply throw out a low ball offer.  You can have him for cheap because it appears Frank is willing to take a considerable pay cut if it means getting the hell out of Dodge.

And this isn't about leveraging for a raise at K-State.  This is about wanting out.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »
The fact that Miami didn't even seriously consider Frank speaks volumes about his perceived coaching ability.  We'll see if he can win without a guy like Pullen hitting big shot after big shot.  

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 11, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »
lol at everyone's reactions  :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 11, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
Frank sounds a lot like Mizzou did during the whole conference realignment thing. "If the Big 10 calls, we will listen."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 11, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »
So, with this article now in tow...and Frank has essentially resorted to trying to orchestrate a job offer from Miami through the media, he at this point couldn't give two cacs if he alienates the entire fan base and university that he works for.

If I'm Miami, get on the phone and simply throw out a low ball offer.  You can have him for cheap because it appears Frank is willing to take a considerable pay cut if it means getting the hell out of Dodge.

And this isn't about leveraging for a raise at K-State.  This is about wanting out.

Seems like if he just wanted out, he would have simply had his agent contact Miami directly.  I'm thinking Frank wants more money but, for right now, a better job hasn't presented itself.  Just throw out an article like this, let the KState fans know that he's not getting paid as well as most thought and let everyone know that he is willing to entertain offers from other schools.  Our fanbase will freak out and Currie will pay him more money.  In the next few years, when a really good opportunity is open, he bolts with extra cash in his pocket.  (Possibly to help with his buyout?)

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 11, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
The fact that Miami didn't even seriously consider Frank speaks volumes about his perceived coaching ability.  We'll see if he can win without a guy like Pullen hitting big shot after big shot.  
One of your more Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) posts, and that says a lot.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 11, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »

Would you say that Miami tea-bagged Frank?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 11, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
One of your more Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) posts, and that says a lot.

Dude, Frank is only good cause he brought in good players.  Didn't you know that?  I'd like to see him win with shitty players, that would prove what kind of coach he really is.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 11, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
if goEMAW was leading the Pay Frank campaign again Frank would have come out of that piece sounding like an underpaid feel good story instead of Douchy McWantout.  Since I know Katz reads the board this is his open invitation to contact me about once again securing our services  :users:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 11, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »
University of Miami officials flew to Boston on Monday to meet with Harvard's Tommy Amaker in an attempt to woo the Crimson coach to the ACC school, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Amaker, who played and later was an assistant coach at Duke, coached Harvard to its first Ivy League title this past season. The Crimson shared the crown with Princeton and then lost the Ivy League playoff game on a buzzer-beater.

The Crimson then lost at Oklahoma State in the first round of the NIT, finishing 23-7 (12-2 in the Ivy).

Miami is searching for a replacement for Frank Haith, who took the Missouri job earlier this month.

Amaker has already coached in power-six leagues, serving head coach stints at Seton Hall and Michigan, in addition to being an assistant at Duke.

Amaker has told ESPN.com on a number of occasions how much he likes coaching at Harvard and how he wants to coach the Crimson to the NCAA tournament. The Crimson will be the Ivy League favorites next season with the majority of the roster returning, including Ivy League player of the year Keith Wright.

Amaker's chief Ivy rival -- Princeton -- is searching for a head coach after Sydney Johnson abruptly left the school to go to Fairfield.

In addition, Amaker and his wife, who also works at Harvard, have told people around them they love living in Boston and working at the school while trying to revitalize college basketball in the Ivy League at Harvard.

Amaker was contacted by the Atlanta-based Dan Parker search firm last week. Miami is searching for an athletic director, too. The basketball coaching search has been conducted by assistant athletic director Anthony Hernandez in conjunction with the search firm.

The Miami Herald reported that Miami interviewed VCU athletic director Norwood Teague (who just got Shaka Smart to stay on as basketball coach after the Final Four), Cal athletic director Sandy Barbour and Wisconsin assistant athletic director Michael Kelly, for its athletic director job. But the San Jose Mercury News reported Monday that Barbour isn't interested in the position and refuted that she interviewed for the position, saying there was only a phone conversation and there was no interest from Barbour.

Meanwhile, Kansas State coach Frank Martin would listen to Miami and would be willing to go home to his native Miami, according to multiple sources. But those same sources told ESPN.com that the search firm called Martin's representatives and said that Miami and the search firm had no interest in pursuing Martin.

Another coach, who is on Miami's short list, is Wisconsin-Milwaukee's Rob Jeter. Miami president Donna Shalala was a former president at Wisconsin. Jeter was a former assistant coach at Wisconsin under Bo Ryan and if Kelly were to land the athletic director's job that could help Jeter.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 11, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »

Dude, Frank is only good cause he brought in good players.  Didn't you know that?  I'd like to see him win with cacty players, that would prove what kind of coach he really is.

Huggins brought in Pullen.  We've already covered this.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 11, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Seems to be something of a passive aggressive way of pushing for a raise.

lol, no.  "hey, no one's called about me, but i'd totally leave if anyone ever did" isn't give me a raise.  it's why won't you call me, i've always loved you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »
How much Frank worth to this K-State fan right now?

$1.6 a year tops. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
Seems to be something of a passive aggressive way of pushing for a raise.

lol, no.  "hey, no one's called about me, but i'd totally leave if anyone ever did" isn't give me a raise.  it's why won't you call me, i've always loved you.

I don't know.  Just sounds like he wants everyone to know that he will always listen, which is employee speak for make me a better offer.  

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 11, 2011, 02:48:44 PM »
Dax, would you say that Frank is "face down, ass up" towards Miami right now? I think it might sound that way.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 11, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
I think it's Frank saying he needs an "I have to put up with dorkstore Currie" raise.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 11, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
Dax, would you say that Frank is "face down, ass up" towards Miami right now? I think it might sound that way.

The Crew thinks so.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 11, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
I don't know.  Just sounds like he wants everyone to know that he will always listen, which is employee speak for make me a better offer.  

"i will always listen.  and just so you are completely clear, don't think you have to pay me 1.55, i don't know where that idea came from, 1.1 is fine, it's more than enough.  really, just call me, please call."
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."