Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 942835 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1500 on: April 08, 2011, 10:28:59 AM »
Cole Manbeck
Cole_Manbeck Cole Manbeck
In my opinion, from different people I've spoken to. I don't think Miami will make a strong financial commitment to basketball right now
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Cole Manbeck
"I don’t know that Miami not having an A.D. present is prepared to put together the kind of package that would sway him in this direction.”
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Cole Manbeck
"At this time I know he is happy at Kansas State but he would listen to Miami," Rodriguez said.
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Cole Manbeck
Spoke to Frank Martin's mentor Shakey Rodriguez this morning about the Miami coaching vacancy and Frank Martin:

at this rate meek et al better start getting fitted for some clown suits calling themselves beat writers.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 08, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
Frank would have to HATE working for Currie to go to that cac hole of a program with NO permanent athletics director.  If my coach is that unhappy, or that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), then please go.  

:users:

Frank would have to HATE his mother to not at least listen to an offer from Miami.  Do you want a coach who hates his own mother?  If my coach hates his own mother, then please fire him.

I don't think mothers should automatically be loved or respected just for the fact that they crap out a child
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:32:06 AM by steve dave »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 08, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »
Frank would have to HATE working for Currie to go to that cac hole of a program with NO permanent athletics director.  If my coach is that unhappy, or that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), then please go.  

Frank would have to HATE his mother to not at least listen to an offer from Miami.  Do you want a coach who hates his own mother?  If my coach hates his own mother, then please fire him.

I don't think mothers should automatically be loved or respected just for the fact that they cac out a child

The love and respect comes from the breastfeeding and never shooting at someone with a gat. [/momma Talib]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 08, 2011, 10:34:45 AM »
Frank would have to HATE working for Currie to go to that cac hole of a program with NO permanent athletics director.  If my coach is that unhappy, or that Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), then please go. 

Frank would have to HATE his mother to not at least listen to an offer from Miami.  Do you want a coach who hates his own mother?  If my coach hates his own mother, then please fire him.

I don't think mothers should automatically be loved or respected just for the fact that they cac out a child

its not a universal rule, that's fair, but Frank's mother should be automatically loved and respected.  she cacted out Frank.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 08, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
I don't think mothers should automatically be loved or respected just for the fact that they crap out a child

not sure that's how it works. don't quote me, though.

catzacker

« Reply #1505 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »
can I get a 4/8/11 confidence level from everyone?

i'm at 75% that he's leaving.  the more it drags out, the more the U has time to get its sh*t together.  that admin has to be the stupidest admin in the entire nation to not do so.  i mean, even weiser hired huggs. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
can I get a 4/8/11 confidence level from everyone?

i'm at 75% that he's leaving.  the more it drags out, the more the U has time to get its sh*t together.  that admin has to be the stupidest admin in the entire nation to not do so.  i mean, even weiser hired huggs. 

I'm split about 50/50.  I've made peace with him leaving, it's the HCBU thing that gives me a migraine.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 08, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
60/40 in favor leaving.

I've resigned myself to Steve Alford.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 08, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
0%

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
I'm 50/50

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:56 AM »
I'm 95% he stays.  I'll be shocked and have an epic meltdown that I may never fully recover from.   :goodbyecruelworld:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1511 on: April 08, 2011, 11:03:08 AM »
10/90 leaving vs. staying.

He may have some religious moment that sways him or something, so I'm not comfortable going less than 10%.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1512 on: April 08, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
at this rate meek et al better start getting fitted for some clown suits calling themselves beat writers.

Quoting guys that aren't players in the hiring process and who don't necessarily know what direction Miami is going is not news, it's speculation. Asking these HS coaches to comment about a situation that remains up in the air — you know, since Miami doesn't even have an athletic director in place — is like asking the weatherman if it will rain two weeks from now.

Don't get me wrong, speculation is fun, and I read it. But let's not act like it gets us any closer to knowing which direction Miami is headed with its coaching search.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 08, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
50/50. Can't decide if I would hate him or not for leaving. I know I shouldnt (and probably wont) but it's really late in the game to be looking for a new coach. I will hate him, however, if Underwood is his replacement.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »
50/50. Can't decide if I would hate him or not for leaving. I know I shouldnt (and probably wont) but it's really late in the game to be looking for a new coach. I will hate him, however, if Underwood is his replacement.

Currie wouldn't hire Underwood.  My guess is that Currie would go after an assistant to one of the elite coaches out there.

Are CB McGrath or WoJo old enough yet?  :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: April 08, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
papa cane is no EERhole
Oh man, hated that guy.  Still do.

"Yup, yup..."

I forgot about him. So depressing. Remember when shakestheclown broke the Franklin to MD news?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 08, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
I'm 70/30 he's gone.

It's obvious he's actively lobbying for the job behind the scenes and I do think there is something to the fact that he has broken off all communication with local media.

The only question in my mind is if the Miami idiots are smart enough to extend the offer.  At this point, I don't even think it's about money.  I think he'd go even for a sizeable paycut when you take into account the tax situation in Florida.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »
I think he'd go even for a sizeable paycut when you take into account the tax situation in Florida.

Cost of living in Miami>>>>>>>>>>Cost of living in Manhattan.

edit: not that it even matters.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »
I think he'd go even for a sizeable paycut when you take into account the tax situation in Florida.

Cost of living in Miami>>>>>>>>>>Cost of living in Manhattan.

Meh. It's pretty much a wash.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 08, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »
mellinger Sam Mellinger
Wonder if @garyparrishcbs is getting a whole bunch of hate from #KState fans for writing that Martin might leave http://bit.ly/ensmKR #IDid

JasonKingYahoo Jason King

@mellinger @garyparrishcbs What? You actually suggested that there are more attractive jobs out there than the one at K-State? How DARE you!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1520 on: April 08, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
 :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 08, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
mellinger Sam Mellinger
Wonder if @garyparrishcbs is getting a whole bunch of hate from #KState fans for writing that Martin might leave http://bit.ly/ensmKR #IDid

JasonKingYahoo Jason King

@mellinger @garyparrishcbs What? You actually suggested that there are more attractive jobs out there than the one at K-State? How DARE you!

amazing how much butthurt there is out there.

Offline rcjh88

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 08, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »
I get the feeling that the longer this drags out the more likely Frank will stay. If he is their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th option I don't see why he would want to go into a situation like that rather than stay at a place where he is wanted.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
I don't think Frank cares if there is an AD in place.  If he's willing to look past the shitty University/fan support, why the eff would he care about the AD?

I do question whether Miami will feel compelled to move on a basketball hire without first filling the AD spot.

It has been over a month since their AD spot was vacated.  You have to wonder how long the process will take for the basketball had coach replacement.  I guess, not that it really matters though, it gives them longer to get their moeny people together.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:54:23 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 08, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
April 13th... this coming Wednesday begins the late signing period.  If Angel faxes in an LOI we are :emawkid: . If he doesn't fax one in after Friday we are  :goodbyecruelworld: .
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread